Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: If you could go back and change one thing in regards to your crossdressing life...?

All of my life I have always felt I got the wrong body parts. "I want to be a girl" is a daily thought and desire. That goes way back to early childhood. Considering my life experiences, I would not trade any of it, so if it were possible to visit myself at an early age, I probably would not do it. I would however go back every time I purged and collect the things I missed most. Sometimes it is difficult to accept who you are on a personal level. I am happy being me. I am okay being male even if I still want to be female. If I looked more like my sister, I would even be happier. Sometimes I wonder if we are even related...... No I am not attracted to my sister, but she is a really pretty woman (I get told that by many of my friends over and over again.) Unfortunately I look like my Dad, I am not disappointed but would rather have more features from my mother, I would probably still have hair. Hair loss must have been on my grandmothers side, my father's father had a full head of hair. As for the nose, I have no clue where that came from....

If I had to change anything, I probably wouldn't have started dressing to begin with.

Though I absolutely LOVE it, the problems it's caused in my life probably outweighs the benefits.

If things were different 40 years ago, I would not have gotten married twice trying to live with GD and transitioned then. Kids have it so much better today.

Hugs All,
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

There's definately more than one thing that I'd change. One would be to have allowed a girlfriend of mine help me dress. That was in the late 80's right after my divorce. To maintain my weight better. But mostly to have found others like me alot earlier.

I would have gotten much deeper into the cd life much earlier

My wish: I had talked to my mother about my desire to be raised as a girl so she could have helped me with hormonal therapy before my male traits emerged.

I would have told my wife before we got married. But then it might have been if we got married.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I ended up lucky and happy, so knowing what I know now, I'd have
    to say I wouldn't change anything....it all had to happen as it did for
    me to be where I am now.

I have thought of things I would have done if I'd had the chance at the
    time. DIY HRT would have been one 30 years ago. I'm now glad I didn't
    have that chance, but it could have turned out fine....never will know.

I should have joined in with the online community 5 years ago. But again
    things had to work out exactly like they have for me to have ended
    up as happy as I am now.

I wish I'd saved some of the clothes I made. Just to make patterns off
    of them right now if nothing else. I designed some pretty nice stuff that
    fit me perfectly. Lost it all in a move though...

I wish I could go back to every time I purged my feminine items and stopped the madness. If I had these forums available to me, things could have been a lot different. The bottom line is that you should seek support and guidance from your sisters in times of crisis. This site is an invaluable gift.

I would be more careful and prevent my SO from finding out. My life is such , that if the SO did not know I would have alot of opportunity to get out fem, and my fem life would actually be awesome right now if I hadn't been so careless. Instead of non existent as it is now .

I, like what the common theme seems to be here, also feel I wouldn't change anything that made me who I am, because I love me now. Also maybe wouldn't have purged so much over the years........My poor beautiful size 15 women's shoes that I spent so long collectiong..........gone forever and hard to replace now on a fixed income.
    Barbie

I agree with the regrets over purging. I still miss so much stuff I once had, like lamenting friends or family who have passed.
    But I would also like to have more fully embraced my fem self earlier and understood it earlier rather than suppress it so much out of needless quilt and shame.

Going way back, I wish I would have accepted my cding when I was a lot younger and it wasnt going to change Also, that I was"nt the only cd in the world.

Although I have been a crossdresser for 40 years, it is only recently that I have become comfortable with myself. If I could change anything, I would have been bolder when I was younger and would have gone out dressed more regularly. However, it is only relatively recently that the internet has made it possible for someone like myself to connect with others with similar feelings.

Knowing my wifes' beliefs I should not have married her.

I have a couple that come to mind...

Told my wife prior to getting married.
    Not purged my things.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I would have come out of my secret closet in my early twenties and would have lived the rest of my life dressed enfemme. It's my life and I should be able to live it to the fullest, unfortunately my decisions have made it so others have to be considered so no full time enfemme for this girl.
    I want to be this girl!

If I could change anything, it would be the mindset that "THIS ISN'T NATURAL", OR "THIS IS WRONG".

Maybe the younger generations, with internet and more acceptance, will be able to shed those psychological "weights" faster.

But there is something special about the older members of this site too: Pioneers!

Maybe we should just change our............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .outfits!

I would have come out to my wife about it before we got married. I hope that we would still have gotten married, because I did and still very much love her and would want to lose anything from our life together (kids), but I think it would have been more fair to her.

I would have been more open about my dressing when I was younger -- it's been the hiding for so many years that's made things more difficult now.

I would have started in college. I had my own private room and there was a large LGBT presence on my campus so it would be a rather accepting place.
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

I would have loved to have accepted myself and my dressing as a positive part of who I am as a person much earlier in life .