Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hardest part about being a CD

The Hardest part about being a CD

Hey Everyone Happy Holidays to you and yours! Hopefully the season will find you all in good health, spirits, and the fat man will bring you a bunch of girly goodies

As I was sitting here, looking over things online to buy my SO, it hit me what a hard life we have sometimes as CD's. I guess it all depends on your personal situations and such but , in general, sometimes all of this can be over bearing.

So being curious and such, I though I would ask......what is your hardest aspect of being a CD?

Is it not being able to tell/share this with anyone? Is it shopping for your needs? Is it your inability to not accept this fully? Not enough time to actually dress? the list could go on and on.....

For myself, I think it's not having enough time in the day to actually dress and relax. Especially this time of year. It seems that I am working so much and constantly on the run and dressing (and shaving) have taken a back seat to everything else I am doing. I would love to have a full day here soon to just be myself.

Just a side note seeing it is the season, I wish my SO liked clothes shopping a bit more. She absolutely loathes it (solo) and refuses to buy anyone clothing for Xmas which leaves the purple sweater dress , on my list, probably out in the cold lol
    Last edited by Raychel; 12-22-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: edited out notes
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

For me, knowing that I am transgendered, with a wife and grown kids is not being able to live as a transgendered male. Most of my family would walk away.

Geez Joanne, just this year I came out to everyone and all my family and friends have bought for Kandy. Wow, the acceptance has been nothing less than wonderful. Hope you get some time to be your gorgeous self. Merry Christmas to you and yours dear, and hope the New Year is full of blessings!
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Definitely not being able to share my love of dresses, heels, makeup and stockings with my wife. She feels that she is not pretty enough to dress like I want to even though she has only seen 1 or 2 Pictures of Steph over the years. And she is definitely pretty enough. She only wears a dress for wakes and weddings just like I only wear a suit for the same reasons. I would drown her in lingerie and pretty clothes if she wanted them.

Well not being able to share this part of myself with my so....

Probably sharing it with others.
    I have a good time when traveling abroad.
    Not close to home then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Not being out to my sons. Although, I have discussed this with my wife in the last couple of days, I think we will get Christmas out of the way and look to do this in the New Year.

My eldest son, with whom I am very close, didn't take it too well when his brother came out as gay many years back. More than anything, he is my biggest worry. The younger two will be no hassle. I won't bore you with the reasons for this very optimistic prediction. Thereafter, the rest of the world can go screw themselves in regards to my alternative lifestyle.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

The hardest part for me this time of year is ending up with more stuff in the online shopping cart for myself then my spouse and having to toss stuff out.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

That's my biggest... Not being able to really be open with it to friends and family.
    I really am feeling that most would have no issues with it... And most may already suspect.
    I'm luckier than several here (in a few ways) that I don't have to deal with a wife or girlfriend.
    And my family is small (just mom) and low amount of friends (thanks to non-sociality from night shifts so much).
    So even this is is probably more milder than most.

My 2nd hardest is just not yet having enough supplies/clothes to feel I could try to go out. Working on that part though.. but that needs more pay checks..
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Keeping it a secret and not being able to do it when I want to

Not being able to openly share this side of me with everyone. I guess society still has a ways to go. Also, leg hair is a problem, love sexy smooth legs but my leg hair grows way too quickly!

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Though out to my wife, still see the occasional struggles she has with, How far will this go? Especially since Tg is now involved. Hugs
    Last edited by Christina Kay; 12-27-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

not be able to be yourself around ppl and worry about spending money

I would have to say the hardest part for me is the time it takes to "transform". I could make the total transformation take up to four hours. Showering, shaving (ugh...), makeup, picking out an outfit (hardest part) . Then, after that, it's almost too late to do anything. Nevertheless, I always enjoy my transformation time.

Going to functions like Thanksgiving, or Christmas dinner wishing I could've wore a dress instead of pants.

There are 2 things.
    First is that I can not dress the way I would like to out in public. I live a very conservative part of the country that does not tolerate crossdressers.
    Second thing is that even though my wife supports me, it would be nice if she would accept it more.

The hardest part of being a CD is being a CD. I would rather not have this tape playing in my mind, "Wouldn't it be lovely to be lovely?" Sheesh...... life is complicated.

Hardest part is going to a wedding in a shirt and tie,not the bride in the wedding dress!Torture for me.Also do not like LOUD band playing at wedding receptions(deaf in one ear).
    Last edited by CarolynO; 12-24-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Tina has a life of her own, and that was the idea from the beginning. When she has regular time not only does she have a better facility with the details of transformation, but she also has crafts of her own, books she is reading, an instrument she enjoys playing, and that doesn't mention her relationship with he r girlfriend (my wife) being much better. So it's very much the lack of regular time that she finds hard.

I would say the hardest things are the lack of society acceptance. When there is mention of crossdressing, transgender, the overall reaction to it by a vast majority. The lack of knowledge about it by so many. Also hard, harder in some ways is that my wife struggles with it.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Spending too much time alone at home, feeling warm, affectionate, sensual, and sexy and nobody with whom to share those feelings.

the hardest part is keeping it at home.
    Jamie Dee

lots of the comments above resonate with me!

as a strictly closeted dresser, i don't feel the need to share it with my SO, although i don't like the fact that i have this secret i don't share with her..i'm just too scared of what would happen if she knew.
    shaving is another big thing for me. if i could i would shave off all body hair religiously..i enjoy the process and the results immensely but can only do it at certain times of the year.

Wishing I could dress a lot more and being closeted are my two biggest issues.
    You Don't Have To Be Female To Enjoy Being A Woman

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    For me, knowing that I am transgendered, with a wife and grown kids is not being able to live as a transgendered male. Most of my family would walk away.
    This has got to be the toughest thing I have to deal with too! Although my SO is very supportive......

I have a heck of a time trying to get dressed in the house when the kids are not around and then to go head out somewhere.