Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hardest part about being a CD

The hardest parts for me is not having enough time to dress and the feelings of isolation.

For me, the hardest part is not completely fitting into either world. I realize that I don't really enjoy being part of the male world and the female world is one of sequential challenges. Every time I reach a goal another one reveals itself!

Still, I have had some amazing times with Mimi and our great friends in the TG community and I wouldn't want to go back to the self-denial I lived with for decades.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

It's funny, the hardest part for me is how much I like the male world for the most part. I love going to soccer/football/hockey games. I like sex as a guy. I love being a man.

I just want to do that stuff while wearing a cute dress and some dress, and that's just tough.

Banned Read only
    To me, the worst part was the fear.

It's definitely trying to find time. In a full house, the only time I get is when everyone is asleep.

Keeping the secret for so long is the hardest part for me, such a big part of who I am it seems wrong that not one person in my life really knows me properly. As I am not a big contributer at the moment I would like to take a quick moment to wish you all a Happy Christmas and thank you for your kind words of welcome.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Not EATING all the junk I would like to eat ! I have been living on salad stuffed into a pita with no dressing..trying to lose a few more pounds...I miss EVERYTHING from pizza, junk food, fast food, a burger..BEER !!...Before my last purge I was used to having a very small appetite...but not now!! .For the holiday I am going to enjoy eating for 2 days...then its back to veggies and the treadmill again..got to fit into that bikini this summer !!

Quote Originally Posted by Christy Stevens View Post
    I would have to say the hardest part for me is the time it takes to "transform". I could make the total transformation take up to four hours. Showering, shaving (ugh...), makeup, picking out an outfit (hardest part) . Then, after that, it's almost too late to do anything. Nevertheless, I always enjoy my transformation time.
    The time to get ready surly is a long process I think a lot of share a mutual dislike for. I know it takes me quite a while and by time I am done, I have lost the light for any really decent pictures I may want to take. I do enjoy it also though

Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    I would say the hardest things are the lack of society acceptance. When there is mention of crossdressing, transgender, the overall reaction to it by a vast majority. The lack of knowledge about it by so many.
    I certainly agree with you. I think a lot of the TV shows that poke fun at CDing have done more harm than good and there is a wide misconception that we are all gay which really upsets me on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    To me, the worst part was the fear.
    I think for a lot of us, it still is. While it's no longer at the fore front for Me personally, it still creeps up on me from time to time and I hate it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

The hardest part of crossdressing for me is explaining it! Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

The hardest part for me is when my wife accuses me of doing something (crosdressing wise) that I didn't do although I would have loved to do..... guilty by association! My New Years resolution should be to do everything possible so my wife won't falsely accuse me anymore! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

There are many things, but for me one of the hardest is dissatisfaction with my appearance when CD'd. I just can't get the perfect look I'm striving for.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    1. Never having enough time to actually dress and be at peace. If only there were around 32 hours in a day, then I think everything would work out well.

2. Male body and all the challenges it brings with it. Yes it's great because in some areas I'm leaner, and can get a away with wearing smaller items with my weight, than if I would a GG who was the exact same weight and height due to the higher muscle ratio. Exercising and burning off the calories is easier. The problem is the cursed male appetite which goes along with supporting the lean muscle mass, and it's nothing to vacuum up around 2000 calories in one setting usually several times a day, and it's not the good kind of calories being consumed either.

3. A continuation of the male body and it's challenges goes with finding outfits that actually look good. Yes I can try an item on in a store, it could fit well, however when I'm completely done up from head toe, that same outfit can all of a sudden look too small, too big, or for some reason just not look very good on me, as it does on the GG modeling it.

4. As always having big male feet!!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

As so many have already said is finding the time to be ourselves.
    Those "free" days are so wonderful and really cherished when they come around.
    Last edited by stephNE; 12-24-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    Stephanie

Banned Read only
    As a retiree with a working wife I have ample to time to be Stephanie. The hardest part is not being able to have the acceptance of my wife. It's DADT for moi. I would never impose my cross dressing upon my wife. I can understand why she is not supportive. Some of that has nothing to do with my cross dressing. It will never change. I would love to have a walk-in closet big enough to hang my 100 dresses and a dresser with drawers for bras, panties, hosiery and slips. I would love to greet her at the door in the evening totally en femme and prepare dinner for her in a pretty dress and heels. So, I have to be content with seven hours a day as Stephanie. I have no desire to share this with anyone else since I cross dress for the peace and serenity it brings me. To go out in public as Stephanie would totally defeat the purpose of my cross dressing.

Being non passable and closeted there are many things that are hard for me. The fear of humilation, the thought for a very long time that I was the only one who did this, not being accepted for who and what I am.

I'm very thankful for this forum to be able to connect and share with others who are like me.

For me it is the isolation and being alone in all of this .Even thou i know it is the only way it will work for me .Coming out is not an option
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post

4. As always having big male feet!!!
    I second the big feet!! Finding shoes is so hard!!

Keeping it secret. Something so near and dear to my heart an yet I couldn't tell those I loved most about it. My mom knew, but was terrified that I would have to go through electroshock, genital torture, or worse, like she had to do when she was raped by a congressman's son.

Because it was secret, there was also the loneliness. I could never let people know who I really was. I had to try to pretend to be something I didn't even want to be.

Isolation - I did a terrible job of pretending to be a boy, and later pretending to be a man. I was a good person, but people knew something was "off". Many assumed I was gay, which made matters worse. Not only did I not get fixed up with women who might have been attracted to be, but I had to turn down the offers from the gay men who were so hopeful. I would try to break it to them gently, letting them know they were attractive and desirable, but "not my type". Many assumed that I was still in the closet.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

For me, it is the lack of acceptance by society. For example, when I get a photo that I think looks good I would like to be able to post it without worrying that I might be recognized and/or evoking the mocking criticism of being deemed a guy in a dress. I also do not like going into a store for some feminine item and getting the knowing (and condescending) look from the shop assistants as they realize "Oh, you are buying it for yourself." (I now do all my shopping on the internet).