Thread: I Would Have Been Humiliated If I Hadn't Been Wearing A Skirt

I Would Have Been Humiliated If I Hadn't Been Wearing A Skirt

I went to Walmart today. Sarah had to get out. All dressed up, probably my best makeup job ever. 29 degrees and I was out in a skirt. It felt great!

An older lady was wanting one of those Tidy Cat Kitty Litter buckets that are real heavy. She needed help, she couldn't lift it.

I offered to get it for her.

"No, I'll get a man to do it," she said. She wasn't being insulting, she thought I was a woman.

I insisted.

"No, you'll hurt yourself, honey. Let me get a man..." she said.

Well, I picked it up and put it in her cart.

"You shouldn't risk hurting yourself, honey" she said. She called me honey twice. She was being very sweet.

"I have to pick up heavy stuff at work all the time, I'm used to it," I said.

She thanked me and we both went our own way.

I don't know if she ever figured out I'm a guy. One thing is for sure, I feel like I made a friend, even if I never see her again.

On the way to Walmart, I kept looking in the car mirror, my makeup looked good, but I wasn't overly happy with my presentation.

But when I got home, I checked myself out again in the bathroom mirror. I look pretty darn good. I've never done a better job with my look, I hope I can repeat it.

I don't think anyone in the store could have possibly clocked me. I am my worst critic (arent we all?) but even I can't find anything to give me away.

Normally, I can't get my makeup off fast enough when I get home, but it looks so good, I am leaving it on for awhile.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Pictures girl, we want pictures.

I've had an older guy hit the deck to help me pick up the paperwork I dropped in a hotel foyer. Not so sure he would have been so keen if he knew about me beforehand.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Pictures girl, we want pictures.

Rebecca
    I can't find my camera! I want a picture for myself!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sarah sounds like a great day, just wish I had the confidence and courage to do that .

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    There is nothing better than another woman saying "Can I help you Mam?" or having a SA tell another "Can you help this lady find what she is looking for?" It validates all the hard work we put in to celebrate our femininity.

Wow, that must be the best feeling in the world. I would give anything to be able to pass in public like that, way to go!!

It is very nice that you helped another woman!!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Julianna View Post
    There is nothing better than another woman saying "Can I help you Mam?" or having a SA tell another "Can you help this lady find what she is looking for?" It validates all the hard work we put in to celebrate our femininity.
    You can say that again! I totally agree, there is nothing better

Congratulations Sarah on a great experience
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 12-24-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

YMMV
    That's great Sarah! But next time YOU go get a man to get the litter
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

I'mTS and transitioning, and I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be treated as a woman, even when I'm not wearing make-up, a skirt, or heels. Even when I have to use my male name for legal reasons, the staff still refers to me as "Her" and "She". There's a special place in my heart when this happens, and I know I am being authentic, being who I really am.

I'm a big girl. 5' 11" in flats, and I frequently wear 3 inch heels. Yet people relate to me as female, and it's wonderful.
    For me, it's a little miracle.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Sarah,
    Another confidence booster, "honey".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sarah,

What a great story. I hope you lifted with your legs and not your back throwing your back out in a skirt and falling over could open up a whole new thread

Seriously though sweetie, I am so glad you had such a positive and affirming experience.

Hugs

Isha

That is so cool, passing at it's best!
    Stephanie

"I'll get a man to do it" - In the working world, women who are paid the same as men are expected to do the same work as men. If Walmart has male and female SAs, it would be unfair for a female SA to call for a male SA to lift a bucket of cat litter.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

That's wonderful Sarah! You must have looked great! We'll look forward to more stories of your outings... and pictures. I'll only dream of passing that well one of these days.

Linda, It may be unfair for women to do less physically demanding work than men in the same position and pay scale, but it happens all the time. Many women - and men - aren't strong enough to lift a tub of cat litter or a big bag of dog food so they'll find someone else to do it. I've seen many women do as Mary suggested, going to find a man to help another woman because neither of them were able to manage.

Not all women are weak or frail though. The best looking girl in my high school was also the school weight lifting record holder. Occasionally you even find a lady like the one on my Walmart receiving crew. (I worked there to pay my way through college many years ago.) She stacked 50lb bags of dog food - one in each hand, carried 80lb entertainment centers on her shoulders, and pushed 40 shopping carts at a time. This didn't make her any less feminine. She liked competing in beauty pageants, and even went to the state finals twice! Strength and beauty are not mutually exclusive.