Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot myself in the foot. My goose is cooked!

Shot myself in the foot. My goose is cooked!

While going through a mixture of my guy and gal photos , to upload a new guy photo for my Facebook avatat, I accidentally uploaded a face and torso of me in blode wig. Sunglasses on. The bunch who know me are all on tonight, and none know i dress, and all would be disgusted, and horrified if they found i did it. I ate too much ice cream tonight, and am sugar drunk. I seldom do this anymore. I panicked, and tried to get to a guy pic, but was unable to scroll one up. So, then i scrambled trying to de-activate my account, and fumbled and bumbled, for a few minutes, shaking. Finally de-activated it, but maybe too late. I am hoping to try to get on at a wee hour, and try to find a guy pic fast to upload. My reputation is down the toilet , if some put two and two together. New main photos get shown to all Fb friends immediately! nO MORE ICE CREAM BINGES FOR ME. I should have known better.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sure hope it goes ok and doesn't ruin any of your friendships hon.

Here is a sympathetic hug. I am sure your efforts at damage control will work out OK. You can do this.

Your best shot may be to say something like Christmas? I thought it was Halloween, and play it off as a joke. Good luck, Hon.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Like Caitlyn, I hope your FB friends enjoy the Halloween costume u tried on at home but decided it was over the top!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I fear I will one day make such a mistake. hopefully your damage control methods will prove affective.

Ciara

I'm glad to see that you are still posting here, Alice. Stay with it, senior moments affect a lot of us! Be kind to yourself.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Alice,

Sorry to hear about this. I think you will be able to weather the storm if as Caitlyn suggested you just play it off as a joke. Do you know for sure if anyone has seen it? Do you have a close friend who might be able to confirm? If so, damage control may mean a quick FB update (after pic change) to your close friends stating something like . . . go a bit silly last night and posted one my Halloween pics that will teach me not to drink and post (or something like that).

Hugs and good luck sweetie.

Isha

I thought this was a Christmas thread. I was all prepared to congratulate you for bagging the goose in spite of shooting yourself in the foot, then wish you a speedy recovery and a Merry Christmas, along with that deliciously prepared goose.

I would blame it on too much eggnog if anyone noticed, and hope for your sake that anyone online was under the influence and unable to see clearly. Good luck!

Thank you all for your support. This is a very tough time of year every years it seems. Merle Haggard did a song, 40 yrs ago, named, "If we make it through December." I did not notice the "remove" font under the main photo. I struggled frantically to finally deactivate. Then went to bed. I got up around 5 am, when less folks are on it, and switched to a cat pic, then, found one of my sister, who is auburn haired, posing with a Laurel and Hardy exhibit. My mistake was a longer blonde close up smiling, with sunglasses on inside my place. Since most of my FB friends are not accepting of Holloween ( i don't either, but use it as a safe time to go out cd'd), i will say it is my sister. Senior momeents are getting me, at age 59, all too often. Alzheimers runs rampant in my deceased mom's side of the family. I believe i am sinking in that early. My very difficult father is 93 next month still going strong, making my life no fun. Thanks for the comments, and I really am sorry i was so blasted angry, the day i "quit" the site. Was already ornery, then got a delete. One delete at a time!

Here is the photo i accidentally uploaded on FB.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 12-25-2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.

Follow your dream.
    But I think you could still be in trouble. When you change your profile pic your friends see it in the news thread. I think it remains in their history thread. When you change the avatar again they see the new one but if they scroll down the history they should still see the previous one. I think. Any Facebook experts here?

Alice,
    Think of a good story to tell your friends, laugh it off they may just swallow your story.

Merry Christmas.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's a Halloween photo. Somebody hacked your account and posted it.

Really, we have to keep our wits about us when we get on our computers.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Alice, your picture is nice. Your contributions here have been a valuable inspiration for myself and others to just do what feels right and not worry about others narrow mindedness. I know that at my age I've rehearsed all necessary responses in the event of an unintentional outing of Carla. At this point, it's just a big, "So, I'm a crossdresser. And?" I'm sure your social situation is different but just imagine how boring everyone else's FB page is now. And really, FB and ice cream are creations of the devil. And Daddy is 93? And what are you using for goose stuffing?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Move to a new town. Go into witless protection. :-)

Seriously, if anyone noticed, tell them your site was hacked and the photo was photoshopped to embarrass you. Then foll recommendation above.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    i will say it is my sister.
    I don't know how to say this delicately so I'm just going to say it. I don't think anyone is going to believe that that is a picture of your sister, the person in the photo is clearly male. If I were you I'd come up with a different story. Sorry not trying to be mean just trying to inject a little reality into the situation. There is the chance that no one will notice or say anything!

How many of your FB Friends have you actually met face-to-face and you regard them as a friend – not an online friend but a real honest to God friend who will stick by you come hell or high-water? FB Friends are not real friends, they are online buddies who share some common interest but few can be called real friends, few will come to your aid when you need help. You made my point when you wrote “none know i dress, and all would be disgusted, and horrified if they found i did it.” If your so called friends really are disgusted and horrified then they don’t deserve to be called your friends. Sounds to me like what you need more than a good explanation of how that picture became your Avatar is a much better bunch of FB friends – friends with less bigotry.

I agree with April, Sister? Really? I don’t know what your real Avatar looks like but I don’t think I’d believe that was your sister. I spend as little time on FB as I can but I believe Jill is correct and that picture of your “Sister” is going to be on all of your Wall with the caption that reads that you changed your profile picture. I changed mine in March of 2011 and that entry is still on my Wall.

A better lie would be that your Sister (do you have a sister?) discovered your password and she posted the picture as a joke to get even with you – the two of you have been pulling practical jokes on each other since you were kids.
    Babs

Quite a few of the folks i have known in person, but moved away. They are in the same church org. Jill, You are right, I found two cd pics of Alice on my FB new scroll, and deleted them . This morning, around 5:20am, i accidentally uploaded a second Alice pic, for a few minutes, then replaced it, with one of my cat, then reolaced it, with one of my real sister. I am staying off FB site for several days or more, and hopefully it passes by, and people forget. I better be a lot more careful.

I am transitioning and when I legally changed my name, I changed my FB name. I did not make up another account. I have not had anybody defriend me yet. I am full time and I have to tell you most people just do not care unless they are very close and even then my experience has been extremely positive.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

I hope everything works out because doing what you did is a big step and takes a lot of courage. Stay true to yourself and you will be happy in the end.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just pass it off as a joke and it will end up in the abyss of FB and be forgotten.
    I run two pages one male one female and just blocked my male side from my female page,use a different browser for each.
    When I first put up my female page I used the same browser a few things crossed over and I had a friend ask me if I knew who this girl Tracii was I said yeah but I never added her.
    That was the end of his questions.

Carla, What am i using for my "goose stuffing"? My ego.

Banned Read only
    Just tell them you were in a play for your grandchildren. You got the part of Mrs. Claus. It's an all male production.

Nice idea Jorja, but i never had children, let alone grandchildren! I could say i lost a football game bet!

I think passing it off once as a joke in some manner as suggested here will do the trick if you are calm, cool, and collected in its regard.

Best wishes,

Janelle