Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alone on Xmas? Or, wish u were?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Alone on Xmas? Or, wish u were?

I'm not. Visiting my older daughter and her family. My ex, other girl and her boyfriend r here, too. But, after opening presents and downing a big brunch,the rest of the day looks to be dictated by the baby and toddler. Nice, but a bit boring.

It made me think of others here who r alone today, Xmas day. Is it by choice? Or would u prefer to be surrounded by family as I am?

Maybe you,re surrounded by family in drab and would prefer to be your fem self? Even if that meant being alone?

The holidays can be stressful and trying times. Tell us about yours!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Home alone.
    Finding the other side of me.

Yup, alone. I need to work on finding a boyfriend for next year. This crap sucks.

I am home alone. My wife had to work (security) and the rest of my family is too far away to go visit in a day.

Part of today I wanted my whole family around, but I have enjoyed the day changing outfits and relaxing around the house.

The holidays always make me miss my mom, dad and my grandparents. I remember all the good memories when I was a kid and we celebrated Christmas as a family.

Silver Member
    Alone here. I could travel a bit and spend it with some family members who are really toxic people, but no thanks, rather be alone.

I spent today home alone and had a £1.99 pizza for my dinner...Added some crushed chillies in order to make it an extra special treat...

C

Visiting In-Laws in Nebraska. Having fun with whole family. Looking forward to some after XMas sales tomorrow. Maybe some new panties and bras. Love to find a cute skirt or dress.

Alone now after 57 years --- wife passed and the cousin I came to Florida to be with for the rest of our lives is now in a dementia facility up North. Brother at 91+ is in a NY hospital and out of it most of the time. Don't feel sorry for myself as I have enough projects to keep me busy but now comes an unusual rub: Since I have been alone one malady after another keeps invading the ol' bod which usually I can cope with except when it gets so bad that another ER visit to the VA is required. On the bright side I could now be en femme for two weeks before my next VA appointment BUT INSTEAD here I sit all dressed in a red and black skirt, black top and looking very festive if I must say so and have no clue whether I will be able to enjoy these two weeks or whether I will have to take off the face and nails and head for the ER again before this day is over.
    Bah Humbug
    Julie

We have our daughters and a boyfriend visiting which means that I am in drab, but that doesn't mean that I can't wear some pretty snowflake earrings and the lovely Boulder Opal pendant that my wonderful Mimi gave me that works in both modes.

I am so lucky to be surrounded by a wonderful and accepting family. Later on there will be time enough for being pretty.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

For the first time in a few years it's just the wife myself and my son, so I’m just underdressing and enjoying it

not having to deal with my sister in law this year is a blessing, especially since she's a snoop and loves to tell the whole family about what she found.. I’m thinking this time it would be quite an interesting tale
    Jamie Dee

Working a 12 hr shift today. We did our christmas with the kids last night. Tonight ill dress and have a couple drinks.

Home alone, I had some turkey at an AA event at lunch and seeing my son and daughter-in-law tomorrow. The first year my ex won't be there. My support group is having a dinner tonight but holiday bus schedules and the cold I just stayed home with the kitty and some treats. I suppose grand children will change things in the future.
    Its better than most years past when I worked.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Banned Read only
    12 hours of just me and the pup at home and 12 hours of OT at work = another perfect Christmas day for me. May as well throw in, daytime temps in the mid 70's.

Just another day in Paradise.

My wife invited her family over and the feeling of not fitting in came roaring back again. Only a few drinks helped or I'd be hiding all night.

Home, recovering from surgery and with 14 people over. Would rather have been alone with wife, but what the hey. Wishing you a late, but Very Merry XMAS and a Happy New year. DLV is coming.

Alice

I have spent the last eight Christmases alone since my mom died. This year, though, I had an invitation from a family I'm friends with to attend their annual Christmas Day brunch at the family farm. They have the entire extended family as well as some friends and customers show up, probably about 50 people altogether. It was a drive of about 100 miles each way for a two-hour event, but well worth it to me to get out of the house and make some real contact with people. And, I went dressed, since that's how they mostly know me, although the heels had to come off to negotiate the thick ice in their driveway!

As I said to a couple of people at the party, if you don't have a natural family of your own, you have to make one out of your friends and support network. I got a very warm feeling from going and have an invitation back for New Year's!

- Diane

spent most alone but had a good friend ask me to dinner...evidently still not recovered from 2 weeks ago because I could only last 2 hours and could only eat a small portion...then had to come home and recover. Used to love the season but this year has too many speed bumps to enjoy
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    We had a daughter and fiancé for Christmas Eve and spent Christmas Day alone. I would have liked to have the larger extended family around too, but not this year. With the exception of Christmas Eve, I've been fully enfemme...so that's some compensation.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 12-26-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    By myself this year just don't get into the spirit much anymore since my kids have grown up.
    My oldest daughter, her husband and grand kids live 12 hours away and my youngest daughter does live close and invited me to spend it with her husbands family but I declined.
    Sent all my holiday greetings via FB so I wasn't a total scrooge.

I choose family over all other options....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

We don't celebrate Christmas, but I am with my family. It's nice to be together for a couple of weeks with kids back from school, etc.

Spent the day with family, moved my 95 year old mother in recently, so am never alone, as we won't leave her alone. Went to sons house for dinner with his family and had a great time. With all that is going on in my life right now, Tina has been pushed out of sight for the time being.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    For the first time in years both of our children were here for Christmas day. We had a house full of people. It was a lot of fun watching the younger ones open up their treasures. The food was fantastic, I smoked a turkey my wife made ham, my daughter and daughter in law and my mom all fixed something. There is nothing like having family around at such a time.

Some people want to be alone and some don't celebrate. If being alone is your choice then I hope you enjoyed your time. I know that here are lot of people out there who are alone for the day and don't want to be. I wish I could invite them to our house to share with us. We have in the past had people over who had no where else to be. I recently read an articla about gentleman who some years ago was going to alone for the holidays so he got the fixings and put an add in the paper if you were to be alone you could come over and be with him and he had several. This has since grown until he has to use a church basement to have it in. What a great idea.

Anyway I hope, alone or with family or friends that you all had a wonderful day.

Also, my thoughts are with my nephew and those other brave men and women of our armed forces who are so far from home this time of year.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I don't celebrat Christmas, and spent the day alone with my two cats, then, went o visit my difficult 93yo dad at the nursing home, with one of my cats. I love to share the cats with some of the patients there, regardless of what day it is.

Aspiring Member
    I am spending a few days by myself. It is the first time in 74 years that there has not been at least one other person in the house to spend Christmas with. The kids live too far away, and one of my wife's relatives had a heart attack a few days ago, so she is also out of town for a few days. I find it hard to get into the dressing up spirit now when I am totally alone.

Veronica