Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you're CDing out in public, and nature calls, which bathroom do you go in?

always the gender i'm presenting, so always the ladies room

I don't go out much anymore but when I do I use the restroom as the sex I am presenting as.

The ladies or unisex, that is how I am presenting.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Depends!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

definately the ladies room.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Here in Colorado, we have laws stating that anyone providing gender-segregated facilities such as restrooms or dressing rooms must allow people to use them based on their presented gender. When I am dressed as Amy, then, I have the right to use the ladies' room, and that's what I do.

(Of course, I use common sense...I go in, sit down to do my business, and leave. When in the territory of ladies, be a lady. )

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    I have always used the ladies room when presenting as a lady; however, I would avoid lines and always look for a single occupancy option. The best advice is to walk in, go straight to the stall, clean the seat, SIT DOWN, do you business, wash your hands and leave. Recently I entered an empty ladies rest stop, as I sat down it filled up, by the time I was done it was empty again. Later, I lost my nerve and stopped at a totally empty motel (2 pm) walked across the empty lobby to the locking restroom. I never saw the desk clerk.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

I find that many of the members here agonize waaaay too much over this issue when the obvious answer is to just use the restroom that corresponds to the way you are presenting yourself as. I am, of course, assuming here that those of us who are going out en femme are trying to look and act as lady-like as possible so as not to draw any unwanted attention to themselves. And yes, even if one does display somewhat manly features, people will still likely give you the benefit of the doubt and probably assume that you are either a mannish-looking woman or else a "butch" lesbian. It is very unlikely that someone is actually going to take the chance of lifting up your skirt or dress to find out for themselves what really lies beneath .

Of course, if you're the type who likes to be "in your face" with respect to John Q. Public and deliberately dresses as a woman from the neck down but is "all man" from the neck up (bonus points if you are sporting a full beard or a moustache as well), then all bets are off.

What we often forget is that the general public usually doesn't have the same hang-ups that we have when it comes to gendered restrooms. How often have you seen a mother take her young son into the ladies' room when she had no other option, or a father take his young daughter into his restroom? No one ever bats an eye.

And we all know that when it comes to sporting events, rock concerts, or the like, as soon as it is time for the intermission, the line-up for the ladies' washroom quickly extends around the block. It is then not uncommon to see one of them make a bee-line for the men's restroom in total desperation, 'cuz when ya gotta go, ya gotta go...

Never had a problem with the ladies room......ever.

When in Rome as the saying goes.
    I'd much prefer to be read by the ladies and risk a few screams than be taunted or worse by some testosterone laden lad looking to get on YouTube...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Here we go to the restroom applicable to how we are presenting. It is only courteous to try to be as low key as possible so as to not embarrass the ladies unfamiliar with the custom. No one wants some poor woman running out of the restroom screaming "there's a man in there"!

I don't go out that often and when I go, it's late in the evening, so I avoid using the restroom, unless it is really necessary. In those cases, I used the ladies room at the train station or at car park houses. I never enter bars or night clubs dressed as a woman, because I don't pass when seen from close distance and there are too many people that can see me there.
    Last edited by Karmen; 12-28-2013 at 05:08 PM.

I always use the bathroom that is appropriate for the clothes I am wearing. Of course I really enjoy using the "Ladies Room" while crossdressed. I have never had an issue where this is concerned.
    Love, Sabrina

Banned Read only
    I really haven't thought about it much, but I have always used the Ladies room. Then again when I'm out I am usually with one of my GG friends and when one of us needs to use the loo we all go together. I can't recall any time when I've been out as Diane that I haven't used it when the need was there.

When I first started going out.. I was quite hesitant.. but I figured I would get more funny looks going into the men's room than vice versa. So, these days, I don't even pay attention to it.. somehow, it goes automatically. If I'm dressed in boy-mode.. I will go the room marked with an M.

If I'm in heels.. I'll head toward the F (or V or W depending on the country). :P
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Girls room! Having said that...I make sure I have no fluids for 2 hours before I dress, and both tanks are empty before I leave.
    If I am in public and in female mode, I feel I am dressed appropriately for the door posting a skirted figure!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'll be blunt here and ask why in the world would you go in the mens room when you are dressed as a woman? Think about it 3 or 4 guys in there and you walk in dressed as a woman.
    Talk about a dumb thing to do, come on really?

I have always used the ladies room. Stood in line once, no one paid any attention.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Here in California I'd never dream of using anything other than the Women's room when dressed. An apparent woman in the Men's room would be stranger than a slightly mannish woman using the Womens'
    I agree with Eryn. I always use the womens' restroom.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

yeah empty your bladder of all liquids and solids.. and dont drink too much or nothing at all 2 hours or so before going out dressed. Just go straight into the women's room and into a stall and do your business.. SITTING DOWN of course.. don't blow that cover for all you're worth! Come back out and just act natural.. whatever you do when dressed, do NOT approach that men's room .. they are FAR MORE LIKELY to cause a scene or make a deal out of it than any woman would. . there are bitches and they do exist, but women will cause you far fewer problems in this department then men ever will.

if you have an adam's apple throw that scarf on.
    --------------------------------------------
    With Love and Affection, Allison Leslie

The first time I used the women's restroom was during a semester in college. I'm not going to lie, while I was wearing women's clothes, I didn't look female but one day I was in one drying my hands, a GG walked in and went straight to a stall not saying anything. When I do present myself as female, I head straight to the women's restroom. I believe I have had a few look at me but didn't say anything. The only real issue I have in the women's restroom however is actually using it if there are GG in there or if one comes in before I get the chance to start going. I'll admit that I have a hard time using public restrooms as a male or female and it took me along time to get used to the men's, its like doing it all over again dressed as a female.

The ladies room of course!
    I'd prefer to have a difficulty there (hasn't happened yet) then to be surrounded by T-filled homophobes out to show their manliness.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Here's a twist. I was at a support group meeting (one of only two I've ever been to) that was held at a gay bar. The owners of the bar had asked that all trannies use the men's room. This group had monthly meetings there and the owners were very nice to us. It's not like they had a problem with us. I have no idea why they had requested that we use them men's room. Actually, I used the ladies room anyway.

I try like heck to not have to use the restroom in public at all. I also try to make a mental note of where the nearest Walmart is. They've always got family restrooms. Just got to leave in time to get there, or home, or to your hotel.

"Nature" has the uncanny knack of not wanting to wait, so my answer has to be the closest one.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning