Thread: Came out to my GF~

Talking Came out to my GF~

Hey all~
    It's been a hectic week, so I haven't had the chance to post this, but recently I came out officially to my GF (We've discussed it, but it wasn't quite a reality yet). We were in my room and I told her to close her eyes for a few minutes. So while she laid on my bed turned the other way, I quickly changed into my femme clothes. She turned and saw me and as it sank in she started to smile and squeal a little. I think she was more excited to see me dressed than i was XDD soo... yea! It turned out better than I could've hoped :3 She's taking me shopping for real clothes soon~ after that I'm coming out to my parents >_< Wish me luck all~
    Love you guys, Daria Lee

It sounds like you are, but I hope you're really grateful that your GF turned out to be supportive of your CDing. Sometimes it doesn't go that way for everyone. Hug her a little tighter, cherish her a little more, and be thankful everyday for her. Goodluck to both of you moving forward and with your parents.

Banned Read only
    That's great Daria. I don't wish to burst your bubble but just because your GF accepts, I would not count on full steam ahead/break out the popcorn. There really is no way to know for sure that your parents will accept and at your young age, your parents might very easily adopt the attitude that you are mixed up/don't know what you are doing/and or might be curable.

Is she even a longtime GF?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    She sounds like a great girl lucky you

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Darea, great news about your gf,s reaction. Just remember: a relationship islike a stairway. U and she r on the way up. But, look up and you,ll realize how far u have to go. And, it doesn't take much to get turned around and start heading down!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That's so awesome! I am happy for you. I hope it will bring the two of you closer together.

Ciara

hope everything works out ok for you when you tell your parents, take you gf with you for moral support x

Gone to live my life
    Hi Daria,

What a great adventure you are now on with your GF and I am glad it worked out for you in such a positive manner. My advice now is be upfront with her about everything CDing but don't overwhelm her. A lot of gals here (including myself) have gotten lost in the "pink fog" when it comes to their SOs and this can cause some issues. Slow and steady with your GF.

Regarding your parents . . . I wish you best of luck. Do you believe they will be accepting? If not, is there a need to rush in and come out to them right away? Or is this something that you can take some time and introspective thought about? It might be a good idea for you to understand the depth of your own CDing before coming out to family. They will most likely have all the standard questions and if you can't respond, they are more apt to think you are confused. Just my thoughts on this.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Take your time and gather your thoughts. I'm glad that coming out to your gf went so well, but it may be a bigger adjustment for your parents.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Daria, why do you feel compelled to tell your parents? Do you live with them? Will you be cross dressing in front of them? I always ask the same question in this regard: are you telling them for you or for them?

Thanks for your support everybody My GF and I have been in a relationship for just under two years now, and she's wonderfully supportive of me every step of the way. and Isha, she was a little overwhelmed with the idea for a little while, but pretty soon she got more and more excited to be a part of it. I've been adjusting myself to this for little under a year now. I do live with my parents and if i want to start seriously dressing up, I'd need a "bigger closet" for my clothes. XDD thank you guys for asking questions and for giving support.

Sounds like you found the right lady, you lucky girl.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Just because it was easy with your girlfriend, show a little more caution with your parents.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Talking SO here!

Hey everyone! Hopefully Daria won't get on me for posting on this but I kinda felt the need to. In case anyone's wondering, I'm Daria Lee's SO (GG) that's just starting to get into the forums. I do have to admit that I was lost to the "pink fog" a little bit but I blame stress of college and the fact that I was attempting to write a research paper at the time that was due in a day which I had procrastinated on for two weeks. Daria sent me some pictures and I ended up getting confused and stressing myself out more but once the semester was over the "pink fog" cleared up.

Though I don't remember squealing I'm sure I did at one point. I already knew about the CDing but I had a weird need to see it in person to make my mind not separate Daria from the person I know and love. I know I'm pretty young and Daria's a year younger than me but I'm honestly glad I was told about it and can be there when I'm needed. I know she mentioned I'm taking her shopping for clothes soon which is actually her Christmas present because I'm broke right now and have to wait for some money. Anyways, hello again!
    And Daria? I hope it's okay I wrote on your post…

Great to see the supportive GF, and good luck with the 'rents. I've thought about telling my mom, but my dad is out of the Q. I can almost see the WTF look on my mom's face too.

Fabuolus

If only all of our SO's and spouses reacted with such delight!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Daria and Moonstar,

It really is fantastic that you have a relationship that is so open from an early stage. Sincere best wishes to you both for the future. Should you ever be in the UK Moonstar (and of course Daria), you're more than welcome to come and be my personal shopper too!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Hi Daria and Moonstar,

Thanks for sharing your great story of mutual love and respect in your relationship. And for Daria: only you can know when it would be best to tell your parents, everyone is different in revealing their CD story. It's the proverbial "cat out of the bag" problem and everyone's optimum solution is different.

Hugs and Happy New Year to all,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Good for you, Daria!

Moonstar, just remember at the end of the day it's just clothes and doesn't change who he is, me and my husband have always had fun with his dressing since day one and I feel like it made us grow closer.
    11/15/12 ride or die

That is great Daria. Thanks for sharing your story. As for telling your parents good luck.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I am actually very happy on your behalf.
    I just joined. Not even close to being where you positioned yourself and you GF now.
    I wish for you both that you will be able to grow together.
    As KatieGG states, then it is only clothes. We all know there is so many other "topics" waiting to be talked over.

It is gratifying the support stated by many other members...Silkexx

Congrats and good luck on your shopping trip.