Thread: And The World Turns --- to Chanel

And The World Turns --- to Chanel

Out dressed to drug store today and returned just in time to find the UPS driver at my door --- two days late with an "over nighter" from Chanel. Signing for it got an uncertain look when I said I was the designee. Rushed to open Gabrielle Chanel's
    No. 5 --- a Christmas gift to myself. Almost cried putting on a drop. Flash back 67 years to France. Flew in to Orly for a reunion with my brother - a captain with the
    101st Airborne --- war was winding down. After my hangover subsided went to Place Vendome to buy perfume for my mother. Months later on a troop train from Mass. to Fort Dix for fast furlough --- we were to go to Japan to head off a Russian anticipated take-over of Japan. Swarms of guys homing in to the sweet smell emittting from my duffle --- Chanel was leaking! Finally Mom got what was left.
    Now this perfume was bringing back wonderful memories - wonderful memories.
    Julie

That's my mother's favorite perfume, too. It's rather expensive, also. I bought it for her for a couple Christmases and I remember that a small bottle was well over $100. It didn't matter as long as it was what she liked. They say that the Olfactory sense is among the most powerful and can induce the recollection many vivid memories (both good and bad). Enjoy!

Aspiring Member
    Funny story, Julie. Nice memory to have.

Ineke

Merry Late Christmas to you from yourself! That's a very touching story, thank you for sharing that!
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Wow what a great story, I for one appreciate your service. My dad also served and it left many dreadful night mares with him. You have a great one to tell. Thank you for sharing a touching story like that.

That is why they are and forever will be the GREATEST generation! Beautiful story!
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

Julie,
    What a pleasant reflection.
    A bottle of that stuff is worth a fortune these days.
    I have some dregs in a square bottle that has lasted through the generations.
    It belonged to my Grandmother.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Wow what an intense time that was...so much going on in your young lives. A time filled with very real and justifiable fears, the excitement of being part of a worldwide enterprise all a t the same Tim a backdrop for your lives.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Great story Julie, thanks so much for sharing it. No.5 was my mom's favorite as well in her younger days.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Thanks, Julie. A lovely tale - and, I hope even lovlier memories.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Wonderful story, than you Julie!
    Stephanie

Isn't it gorgeous?
    I love Allure Sensuelle too. I think just the name as much as the scent!

A x

Julie, thanks so much for sharing -- and for serving!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Julie,

What a great story and what a great way to relive an amazing memory.

Hugs

Isha

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Julie Thank You for sharing that story. A little blip of history , just love hearing them. Hugs Aretha
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.