Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your CDing affects the way you dress as a man?

Does your CDing affects the way you dress as a man?

I think mine does. Recently I started to dress myself better and started to buy more and better designed male clothes. Somehow I connect it to my CDing.
    Sometimes I feel that I am overdressed, but the same it gives me confidence.

How about you?

How I dress as a guy has always had it's own degree of sharpness.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

No, I am still a slob in male mode.

I'm not sure - I'm quite utilitarian in male mode; if it's jobs around the house, then it's suitably scruff; if it's formal business then it's a suit, tie and cuffies - and everything in between. With CD it can be whatever mood I'm in - if I'm trying to look good then it's smart elegant, if I'm just feeling trashy it's a minidress or miniskirt. I think my CD is more expressive because it can be, but if I was going out dressed, then it would have to be appropriate - I'm not that cheap and I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea...
    I think as my makeup presentation has got better I've got more serious about the clothes - what does that mean? Perhaps it's just a reinforcement thing; as my overall look has improved then appropriate and classy clothes have to be in harmony.
    Hmmm... one for pondering, methinks...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Casual male - sexy girl. Pretty simple, but I am just a simple girl

Hugs, Robin

Gone to live my life
    Not really . . . I have always been a jeans guy when going casual and I own a few suits. Work wise I am in the military and wear a uniform most days and for formal work functions mess kit. My CDing has not affected me in such a way that I would change my guy dressing - casual slob to military snazzy is the about how it stands.

Hugs

Isha

Personally I think that the reason that I was born a guy is because I'd be a slob dressing full time as a woman, lol!

Actually, it does a little bit. In the past I've tried to get away with more feminine colors. I had a really light blue jacket with velcro cuffs on them in the early 90's. It was kinda fem then, but really looked feminine when it went out of style. I was in fact embarrassed to wear it as a man, because of this. I think that people that I didn't know questioned it too!
    Finding the other side of me.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yes and no.......when i am in guy mode i honestly could care less about what i look like, so most days i am in sweat pants LOL...but if I actually DO put in some effort I have noticed exactly what you are saying.

I think so and I think it is because I can appreciate what better fit and tailored clothing is as a guy too now.

That and the fact more women tend to do casual get-up better I have learnt can be done with what you have: just spend a second considering how the colours of the individual clothing items go and not just throw whatever together like I used to.

I like to dress smart-casual en drab, although can feel like a bit of a fish out of water some places just like when out en femme in fact lol.

My confidence has improved since both though in just dressing how I want and knowing I have the confidence to deal with any sniggers or field any questions if needed be just through practice.I used to be much shyer and dressing better en drab and en femme has helped my self-confidence and self-assurance I feel.

I'm even called Sir quite often en drab now! lol
    Last edited by gautier_nikolai; 12-28-2013 at 05:57 PM.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    For me its the opposite. My male cloths affect my female dressing habits. In male mode I am very relaxed, as far from formal as possible. In female mode I am most comfortable in casual attire. Jeans, sweater and boots. Maybe its more my environment, being from a rural area it is just the way people around here dress. Not slobs but nowhere near formal.
    Erica

Different approachs to differing universes. What they share is alot of black...always classic and timeless.

Kate

To the point where I no longer keep a beard, it does.

Aside from that? Not at all.

yes it does

I find myself looking for a more fem cut or brighter colors, I don't seem to be able to leave the house without shaving.
    Jeans are 501s only, I have a fondness for polos and have many women's and no one ever notices the buttons or the collars, I wear no shows ( socks ) with colored bands on top.
    All my drab clothes are high end casual and when I'm a slob its swishies and sweat pants.
    Still got to shave.

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Nope. Guy self is still all about jeans and t-shirts. He cares about what's comfortable. Jennifer cares about what looks good.

As far as presentation is concerned, the answer is no. However, I stopped wearing dress socks about 15 years ago and only wear opaque tights now when not in slob mode. I also started wearing an anklet until about 3 years ago. I'd still wear it, but it broke and I'm too cheap to get it fixed again. Incidentally, the anklet was a Christmas gift from my wife.
    Being a girl is not for wimps.
    Offense is not a gift. You can't give it, you can only take it.

Not much, Male mode- most of the time, jeans and t-shirts or sweat shirts. I have switched to women's jeans in male mode, except for work. They do fit better. Otherwise I am a slob. Female mode, I like to look nice. Once I strap those Boobs on my mindset changes.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Just the opposite........the way I dress in drab makes me want to dress nicer "en femme"! More variety all the way around!

My clothing always seems to lean to the color purple, no matter what gender I'm dressed. It is my favorite color. I wore a purple button down dress shirt and a purple tie at my office Christmas party, and had my hair in a bun.

I also typically have my toes painted metallic purple, as I do now.

I love female clothes in purple as well, and have plenty of items in my girl wardrobe that is some shade of purple.

I must sound neurotic to some people, but it's just my favorite color.

It has influenced me to buy only women's jeans that I wear dressed in drab......overall, I feel out of place when dressing as a guy wishing I could flare it up with my fem style!

Maybe,I think it has always influenced my choice of clothes
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well, one thing that led me to realize i was a CDer was that i kept dressing better and better as a male and still never felt nice enough. So in a way, yes, even though it was not a direct result

Nope. As a man I wear jeans, work boots, basic t-shirts and a green denim jacket or a suit. It's been the same since I was 15

Nope, I dress like a slob when in drab. If I look any sharper you would have to thank my SO for that.

I find my female attire changes the male clothing that I wear for a different reason. I almost always wear lingerie under my suits. I tend to pick clothing that works well with that.

when I'm just bouncing around I'm in jeans & a long sleeved henley - the chief difference is which side it buttons on On the other (sometimes nicely manacured) hand I'm a lot more adventuous in fit and color lately
    Does wearing earrings in male mode count?