Thread: I've been toying with this idea...

I've been toying with this idea...

Some time ago, I kinda partnered with a friend from Uni who took some make up classes and started her own little business. At the same time, I wanted to gather some pics for my photography portfolio, so she did some girls make up and I took some photos of them for her website. Win win situation... aaaand now, since I'm kinda pink fogged and somewhat much more free, I'm toying with the idea of asking her to do my make up one day...

Now... the only set back is that she wouldn't gain anything from it since I'm definitely not putting my pics up (unless I look reaaaally great). This would also coming out to her and hoping she doesn't freak out lol...

Might it be that smokey eye look that I'm dying to try that's fogging me up? lol

I say go for it! Makeup is a beast and if you can get it done for you esp. Smokey eyes! Heck yeah! Make sure you post pics....pm if you must! I love to see differ ways of doing makeup!
    Ms. G
    Vegan runners are sexy!!!

I agree, in one of her more fun moments my wife did a smokey on me. I loved having her do it and I thought it looked great. Just a good thing that she didnt realize why I was so willing... lol

My sister is a makeup artist and once told me she loved working with transvestites. She said they're so meticulous with their looks it makes it great fun to work on new techniques. I also have a friend that loves doing makeup and has even met the fabled Ru Paul and one of the cast from Ru Paul's Drag Race. Sadly, I've never shared about myself with either one, but I don't think I'm ready just yet. I need to drop at least another 25# and tone up a little first.... And get the wife's approval, but that's another story unto itself.

My point is... Go for it. It will be a much more personal and expert makeover and could lead to some great fun.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Why is there even a question here? I'm just surprised that you didn't get this makeover long before. What's wrong with being a well madeup photog?

You may not be happy keeping Elisa hidden and your thoughts sound like a great way to show the world your friends talents, your talents as a photographer and also, most importanly - ELISA.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Elisa,
    Find out from her how many guys she has applied female makeup to.
    That always helps.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You could say "If you ever need someone to practice on, I'm available."

--- translation ---

"Oh please please make me up!"

What do you mean, it wouldn't help her business? Do a photo shoot of yourself before, during and after, and let her post it as, "If I can make a man look like a beautiful woman, think about how much I can do starting with a real woman . . . . ?"

This is a marketing slam dunk if done right. And, you're not outing yourself -- just a willing photographer perfecting his craft.

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

You're all right on this one.

Now, a little out of my pink fog spell though, is that I realize that sadly, the main problem is acceptance from my gf. There no chance in hell that she'll buy the "oh so out of all the guys she knew she asked for YOU to be the model?". I just dunno...

But I will SURE AS HELL post pics here if I ever do it!

I think I might even out myself to take advantage of a professional makeover... why are you even hesitating. ?
    Carpe diem - faint heart never made up fair lady, or something like that... Be bold!
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta