Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your CDing affects the way you dress as a man?

I don't think so...

Silver Member
    I would have said no in the past. My wife, however, influenced changes. She compared how I dress as a female with how I dress as a male. She likes how I dress as a female and asked me to dress similarly as a male. She bought me new clothes for Christmas - tighter, form-fitting jeans, shirts. She suggested new footwear and a sexier style - like Heather's. I decided to comply - and actually bought some female clothing, shoes and boots with male-influenced styling. She loved the shoes and boots which have a male look but have 2 and 3 inch heels and are covered nicely with my new jeans and pants.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 01-01-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Julie Ma'am!
    Nope, two different worlds for me.

Not at all. It's a uniform for work and jeans and t-shirt at home for drab.
    My style only shines en femme.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    If you had asked me this 5 yrs ago I would have said 'no', but now I can truthfully say 'without a doubt'. Since getting my ears pierced, wearing an anklet (guy type), and wearing a bracelet daily now, I now look to make sure that I have all the appropriate guy bling on when in full guy mode. It also helps me with staying in touch with Marisa when not dressed en femme.

Junior Member Kristina_nolagirl's Avatar
    New Orleans and San Francisco a few times a year. Also travel the US.
    I guess I'm in the minority here. Of course I wear crappy clothes for working but when it's time to look decent, I take great pride in looking like a well dressed modern man. I get lots of "metrosexual" comments - but that does not bother me at all. Fashion interestes me - for men and women.
    My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristinanolagirl/

Better get busy living, or you get busy dying.

Or vice versa for me.
    I wear jeans tshirts and flannels as a guy except when I need to look clean.
    As a female I wear jeans and tshirts :-)

Banned Read only
    Nope, I still get my WalMart guy fix; it's cheap, works, and leaves more money for Lara's things.

Even in guy(so called mode) I wear women's jeans,in the winter ladies long underwear,bra nylons...
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

It does for me. I have walked around with my nails painted, wearing makeup and what is considered female clothing and accessories. Of course that was in my younger days when I wore/dressed in goth attire, so it was accepted in the clubs/places I spent my days at.

I always try to dress nice and presentable in either situation. However in CD mode I tend to dress-up fancy and don't have any casual female clothes.

I think so too, I do wear a lot of Forever 21 and G By Guess clothes. I tend to pick the more dressier type clothes that makes me feel overdressed sometimes.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I keep it casual in guy mode, dressed up is a nice pair of jeans and a t-shirt without any stains. lol. Most of the time I wear my work clothes. A lot of people have never seen me in clothes that didn't have permanent stains and/or paint on them. I am a dirt magnet. I usually ruin a new article of clothing the first time I wear it. I have noticed that my cding has led to me taking better care of my clothes in general. I have actually learned how NOT to ruin things the first time I wear them.

Ciara

Not really. I dress as a blue collar man, and wear a sport coat for special occasions. My guy dressing is the opposite of my lady dressing.

I recently acquired a light blue sweatshirt hoodie. While it isn't girly per say, A woman could very easily be wearing it.
    Finding the other side of me.

Absolutely yes! Having to take care to look the best I can en femme (so much to learn!), I have been more critical of my attire and appearance en homme. I don't want to be schlepping around as a sloppy guy, especially when in the company of my wife, who is always well put together.

Certainly it does! One thing that CDing has done for my male side is that he is no longer so hung up with projecting a masculine image. I've already proven my masculine bone-fides with my male mode friends so if I want to wear colorful clothes, interesting studs in my ears, or clear-polish my nails I do so.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Yes, most of my life. Granted I'm TS. I used to make my own clothes and/or would modify them so that they better fit my body. In high school, I even made a jumpsuit. It was polyester and stretchy and fit my body well, the cuffs of the pants had 2 inches of decorative banding. I didn't tell people I was transsexual (we didn't have the vocabulary for that), but when they said "You look like a girl" I would smile and say thank you. I got lots of complements on it from other women as well. Most of the kids in high school thought I was gay, but since they weren't beating me up as much, I wasn't as concerned.

I loved quiana shirts made popular by Saturday Night Fever in the 1970s, as well as going out to Discos and dancing all night. Again, I often wore custom made or carefully chosen suits and clothes, usually including vests that hugged my waist a bit like a corset.

In College I took dance classes and wore leotards and tights in class. I went to a good dance shop and got lycra leotards and tights because they were more comfortable and easier to dance in. I also liked dance belts because they kept everything tucked away. The class quickly noticed that I was completely flat down there and by the end of the first semester gave me a birthday present of a magazine with men in women's clothes. I realized they accepted me, but I really hated the way the men looked because they were still very much men - hairy legs, arms, and even faces.

During my career, I usually wore dress shirts, and coats, but I would shop at unisex stores for pants because my hips were too big for well fitting men's pants.
    I also started underdressing regularly.

When I aborted a transition in 1996, I gained so much weight that I couldn't shop for regular clothes anymore. The clothes in big and tall men's shops were very expensive, often $50-$75 for a pair of pants. I could get women's slacks in the plus size section for very reasonable prices, often $20 or less. At first I would look for pants with pockets and belt loops so they wouldn't look too feminine, but over time I just picked out what I liked.

Transition has helped me lose weight (90 lbs so far), and now I'm working and living femme 24/7.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

I'd say that Monica tries to exert her influence on what I wear as a guy.

It used to be nothing but jeans, polos and sneakers for work, and sweat pants and henleys at home. Uninspired.

Since coming to fully accept my CD side these last couple of years, I dress it up more and pay much more attention to color selection and coordination.

Basically, in trying to find a style for Monica, I've revised my guy side as well.

CD Tammi said she wears fem under male clothes. I do that too and find myself dressing so that works. Nice topic! When I am not working I do dress with more care and eye towards matching entire outfits. I'm hoping to make my 1st semi public foray and I'm having trouble coordinating my fem clothes! When it is just me & SO at home it is not so crucial.

I starting wearing long sleeved shirts to hide the fact I started shaving my arms. I do take a bit more care to find jeans that fit better (still don't fit like my girl jeans).

I tend to mix men's and women's clothing items as a male. I frequently wear mary-janes or ballet flats and women's jeans or shorts. I guess in a sense I have become more androgynous.
    Last edited by Brenn; 01-03-2014 at 04:20 PM.

I must say that after having had my first night out and truly knowing all the effort required to make myself ready, I realise in guy mode I need to up my game significantly. shower, shave my beard put on a shirt,smart jeans, nice shoes and a little hair gel aint gunna cut it no more
    Tara, the fab me!