Thread: First Time sharing with my SO

First Time sharing with my SO

I am so nervous, Tuesday I am going to dress as Samantha for her. I have never been so nervous in all my life. She has known about my dressing for 3 years now and has been growing in acceptance since the day I told her.
    She isn't much of a talker and I yammer so much, how she has lasted this long is beyond me, but I am grateful. She has gone from not wanting to talk about it to seeing Samantha dressed up. I call it a big win. Hopefully I can get my make up nice and try on some good outfits.
    Thanks to everyone that posts and shares their thoughts and questions, they are of amazing support!

It's big step. I hope things go well and that this new chapter will be completely positive for you and your SO.

Best of luck hun. Remember, communication is the key here and don't push the boundaries. Its a big step for her as well.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Congratulations, Samantha!
    Hopefully she sees the same beauty that we do!
    Tell us how it goes!

Banned Read only
    She is as nervous as you are.

Congrats and good luck. Hope all goes well and waiting to hear how it goes.

Shelly

Good luck, I remember how nervous I was when I first worn a skirt in front of my wife!!

Hugs, Bria

Best of luck and hope it all goes great. I wear women's clothes on a regular basis in front of my wife. Like everything it becomes easier the more you do it. While I write this shes making me a silk sarong. I can wear this even around our 21yr old....Life can be fun....Ellie

Good Luck! Your confidence will come through and help pave another step to acceptance, I'm sure...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Samantha,

This is both an exciting and scary time for you. Take stock in the fact she is asking to see you dressed so she is ready. If she is not much of a talker, take that information in with you and don't get confused or hurt if she says nothing as she may be trying to process. I am sure though it will go fine . . . she sounds like a great lady who truly loves you.

Hugs

Isha

It's a very scary thing, that first reveal.
    I was incredibly nervous, so much so that I had trouble doing my makeup I was shaking so much. She was at a company Xmas party and I had the house to myself to dress and then about 2 hours to wait till she got home. It only gave me time to worry...for no reason it turned out!
    Most of it I believe is that we are worried about being accepted and not laughed at by the one we love most. Just be yourself and as others have said...Communicate. This is not the time to be silent. Answer questions honestly and just be yourself.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Every one of us girls is wishing you the absolute best when your S/O meets Samanatha.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Samantha,
    Present nicely and cut out the unnecessary yammering.
    Do not ask for opinions on how you look.
    Any prompting in this regard can kill progress already made.
    It's like I say here sometimes, "it is what is not said, more than what is said".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Samanatha,

Good luck. I hope things go well. Just take it slow.
    Dana M

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Samantha,
    Best of luck, we are all pulling for you to have a very successful presentation.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Good luck and best wishes to you both.

I am hoping all goes well and she approves.

Hugs

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Hi Samanatha

My spell checker sure has a problem with Samanatha; oh well that’s true for a lot of the names on this forum. Reading your posts I can’t really get a feel for your cross dressing as most of your posts are replies on someone else’s thread. I see a very nice photo on your Profile page, the one with the blue patterned blouse. Nice natural look, not overly made up, doesn’t appear to be a concerted effort to look sexy. I think that is important for Samanatha’s debut.

Since you are introducing Samanatha to your Wife I’d keep the look fairly middle of the road, not real casual but not overly dressy either, and definitely not sexy. The last thing you want to do is meet your Wife looking like a hooker or Bar Bunny. You don’t want her taking one look at you and thinking “No way can I compete with her.” I believe the best approach would be to dress how your Wife and her friends dress for a night out with the girls – fairly simple but tasteful.

That goes for the makeup as well. How are your makeup skills? I would avoid dramatic eye makeup and go with muted eye shadows that enhance your natural eye color. Avoid bold eyeliner, you’re in your mid-forties not a teenager, so like your eye shadow your liner and mascara should enhance your eyes. I believe some blush is always an important addition to enhance your cheeks – applied to the apples of your cheeks and then brushed back and up between your temple and ear. Red lipstick can be difficult to carry off; it’s great for runway models and cocktail parties but for general wearing other shades and colors usually work better. If you must go with red choose a muted red.

Jewelry is a nice addition. I think earrings and a simple necklace (maybe just a simple chain with some sort of pendent showing in the V-neckline) would add immensely to the picture on your Profile page. Have a gold chain with a heart (just a thin outline of a heart), simple yet classy and feminine.

I rarely dress without nail polish. I think nail polish goes a long way in making the hands more feminine looking. You don’t need long finger nails either, look at the women on TV these days, most have short nails, nails that do not extend beyond their fingertips. I also always use a little light body spray; I have some Secret Deodorant and matching body spray.

Here’s wishing you luck on your debut and I hope your unveiling ends with Samanatha becoming one of your Wife’s new best friends.
    Babs

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Only you can be the judge here, but maybe she could be with you during some or all of your preparation. That way, the final reveal will not be 'such a shock', should it prove to be?

I know you are nervous, but my wife was involved with me dressing for the first time and it helps to alleviate the possible shock factor as you begin your boy to girl metamorphosis.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    This must be the season of sharing with SOs. I've read several posts in the last few days about this very thing--one of them I wrote myself. Enjoy the opportunity Samantha and be careful not to make too much out of it. It certainly is a win for you, but don't consider it the BIG win. That'll likely take more time than the first time en femme for her. You are a lucky girl, though; congratulations!

Of course it is scary. You are opening fully to a loved one and worry what her reactions will be. But, she knows and has opened the door to fully meet your female side. That is by far a greater option than many here do not get to experience. I think it is going to go very well and open the door for discussion and greater sharing. It's all about the communication and yours seems to be very good. Have fun.

Hi Samanatha, one thing I have to consider is the state of mind my wife runs into from time to time. She sometimes wonders not what makes me a CD, but what in her makes her enjoy a husband who dresses up as, and trys to behave as, a woman. Love and reassurance goes a long way.

Good for you KC, that you have kept your marriage together and have been patient. 3 years, and worth every day of it. What is most important IMO is the people in are lives. While she may be ready to "see it" it may still be quite awkward for both her and you. If her reaction to you dressed is not a thrilled positive one, do not get down. It is a process for them just as it is for us.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Samantha, i am so glad you got to do this. i am waiting for when my SO say's to dress up and let me see. Maybe you can tell us how it went? Curious for reactions and thanks for alll the tips above from the others!