Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Suppose you finally decided to dress 24/7 and live as a woman or perhaps even go as far as transitioning. Would you miss being a man and doing "man things" ?
    I've thought about this a number of times and it comes down to the fact that a woman can do just about everything a man can do. So no I don't think I'd miss it.

Emily

Banned Read only
    No, I wouldn't miss anything. The few opportunities I've had to live full time as Diane (a few months at a time) have been liberating, not constraining. As I've said more than once in the forum, I miss being Diane when I'm "Dave" but I don't miss Dave when I am Diane.

I have pondered that question most of my adult life. I would not miss being a man. I can do the same tasks as a woman as I can as a man (except for heavy lifting, I had difficulty with it now as I get older. I do not have any children. Sure it would have been great to have kids, but life choices has left me without. I would not miss dating women either since I would still be doing that. To answer it bluntly, I would not miss it.

Not at all. Most of my time spent as a man feels like acting. I'm just playing a part. When I'm dressed is when I'm myself.

Without a doubt, yes. I need male me as much as I need Misty.

Absolutely. I like me, and so don't really want to change anything about me. Granted, I have entertained the idea of transitioning, but I knew I would miss being me if I did. It wouldn't feel like me because, well, I know I'm supposed to be male. Yeah, I CD but that doesn't mean I want to do it full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    I would miss the excitement of doing something that is seen as 'wrong' and for me, presently, secret.
    For those of us for whom CDing is an occasional thrill, I think that is true.
    I love myself in curves!

I would miss flirting with the ladies. Once they find out what I do on the weekends they usually downgrade me to "non-relationship material". But the flirting and initial dating is a hoot!

Banned Read only
    Its been over thirty years now and I do not miss anything about being a man at all.

Silver Member
    I would crossdress - dress in drab man clothes. It would be exciting. I could wear boring man clothes, ugly shoes, baggy underwear. I hope I wouldn't be outed.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 01-31-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Had to really thinkabout this. About the only really man thing I used to do was to hunt. I know ladies do that too, though. I stopped that years ago, simply because I shot a hare badly, and he suffered. I went home, the freezer was full of food, as was the fridge. I just thought "Why the Hell did I kill that little animal?" Never hunted since. Anything else i do any girl can do so miss it - no.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Great question. Though I'm new to dressing my feminine urges and desires are so strong I think I could do it. Would love to have nice breasts and a curvy waist.

Would love to be able to dress 24/7. Alas I know that won't happen. LDL just have to enjoy the time I can be a woman which fortunately is pretty often.

I don't think I would miss "it." But, as I tell my therapist, I don't think there are "man" things and "woman" things. I have four sisters, and we all grew up doing the same things. Obviously, I do consider some things to be more traditionally female oriented form a societal perspective. But, most of the things I do in the day have no gender. And, as far as not doing "man" things after I transitioned to live as a female, why would I have to stop? Just yesterday, I had to replace a busted pipe in my back yard. I suppose many would consider that a "man" thing. I would've still done if I were living full time as a woman, though.

Can't think of much except camping with my son and his Boy Scout Troop. They haven't got hip to allowing transwoman leasders - yet.

Otherwise I'd prefer 24/7/

Hugs,
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    We are all creatures of habit and you are bound to miss certain things at first.

However, keep in mind that even born females often do "manly things" at times and it's perfectly acceptable.

Some times a deep, booming, commanding voice, an authoratitive posture, and the look of a tough guy can get things done faster and easier. I believe that would be hard to pull off with makeup, miniskirt and 6" heels.

Being small of frame, I never could pull off the tough guy thing, so with me it's a moot point.

Best wishes

No because, I would still like to hunt, go ride my horse, work on my cars. Nothing would change but my body would now match with who I am, a woman. I would go hunting as a woman, work on cars as a woman. I would be able to shop as a woman and that would enjoy.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Yes I would miss it. I like being in the middle. I don't want to be at either end of the spectrum.

I think I'd miss it, keep in mind that I've never been in public en femme, my other hobbies are not what you would call feminine.
    Motorcycles, 4x4's converted to snow driving, making something out of raw steel.... the list goes on.

I'm not saying women can't do these things, but here, an overwhelming majority is male......and most of my friends are bikers, I don't know how they would react, and I'm rather afraid to find out

Oops I thought you ment the other thing.... No I would not miss doing guy stuff or my little buddy for that matter.

Cheers,
    Amy