Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever?

Banned Read only

Do you ever?

Do you ever come here, read some posts, reply to some, and then feel absolutely worn out. They say baring the soul is good for the heart. It's also very tiring--for me at least.

No I do not get worn out by coming on here but I am sure that some get worn out by trying to figure what the hell I am on about some times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Not really but reading a few just now has made me feel more grateful for the cards ive been dealt.

Never Hon. It's refreshing to me when I interact with my friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Lara, I also get somewhat worn out from posting, so I don't unless something really speaks to me. I'll never understand those that feel that they must respond to ever post even if their reply is just innocuous.

I get tired. My feeble little brain uses up a lot of energy thinking of what to say, how to say it, and try not to sound stupid. :-)

Tina

I think it can be tiring because even though we all share an interest in crossdressing, there are so many different types of people and so many different opinions that it can be hard trying to make sure you don't say anything somebody will disagree with. I often end up typing twice as much as what I actually post. So yeah, it's tiring, but in a rewarding way.

Very interesting. I find that it invigorates me and I come back several times a day to check on new threads.

This forum's endless variety of posts holds my interest. Some make me laugh while others sometimes make me sad. None of them wear me out though. However there are some that can raise my hackles and make me growl.
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Aspiring Member
    Lara,
    It is without a doubt an exercise of the heart and the mind, yet it leaves the soul refreshed...

Gold Member
    If you are coming here to make a post unloading about an issue, I can see where it can drain you. There are a lot of emotions that can come with what we do. For most of the day in, day out posting, I find it relaxing to spend "time" with everyone.

Platinum Member
    Yes, at times I get worn out by watching individuals rationalize poor judgment, selfishness and immaturity.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Nope, never worn out. The part that wears me out is finding a new place to go out to, remember to bring the camera/tripod, finding that perfect spot to take a shot, set the camera, check the pic, take another, adjust the wardrobe, take another, check... then download the photos, adjust the picture, post and write a short story... That's actually fun, but it takes a lot out of me. I prefer to just go out and about and not take photos..

Replying and reading are the ways I use to connect to a great social group.....

Renne.....

It breaks my heart to read the post from those that do not have a supportive SO sometimes I want to post things about me and my wife and how great she is for understanding and accepting, and how she gets excited spending time with Valarie, but then I read a post about something cruel that an SO said to a sis, or the frustrations in someone's relationship and I feel bad, I guess it is ex-Catholic guilt.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

I'm not sure ''worn out'' is the correct phrase for me! How ever I do get disappointed sometimes when trying to brighten someone day and someone else either takes it wrong or has nothing better to do then shoot me down for my efforts!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I browse the threads some just about everyday and find it helps me.
    I have never let all my soul and things about my life out here but more than I have on any other site.

I love the heart warming stories of acceptance. They're very uplifting. I enjoy respectfully pondering the what-if's, but I could do without the feuding that sometimes erupts. I suppose I don't find it draining but understand how that could happen.

It is nice to come to a place where others have the same interests/desires as yourself. Especially with something that is not considered "socially acceptable"

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I'm not sure ''worn out'' is the correct phrase for me! How ever I do get disappointed sometimes when trying to brighten someone day and someone else either takes it wrong or has nothing better to do then shoot me down for my efforts!
    I hear you there! I actually took some time off of posting for that reason. It hurts when someone reads something negative into your words or takes it the wrong way.
    Last edited by Dana L; 01-05-2014 at 11:45 PM.

I dont get tired after posting.. often I will post at night. I will be tired then. i enjoy posting though .
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Oh yes!
    All the time!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Most of my life I played the role of man. Now slowly becoming who I should have been, I find that I tend to embellish a little more and describe my thoughts in greater depth. As I respond, yes, it does take a little out of me, but when I hit the send button, I feel a little refreshed.

See what I mean?.

Bobbi
    Last edited by BOBBI G.; 01-06-2014 at 06:44 AM. Reason: punctuation

Lara - yes, I agree it's tiring.
    But many of the threads and experiences have also been inspirational for me - if I can draw some strength from what others have said, then maybe in a small way others can gather some confidence or assistance from my views. And that has to be a Good Thing.
    And for me I've never shared this much before with anyone - you're all greatly honoured...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Tiring? Perhaps. I find it emotionally draining when someone shares a difficult situation, especially dealing with girl friends and wives. But then again, it buoys us up so much when we hear stories about positive experiences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Hello, as Sue said I also find it relaxing and enlightening to read and post (even for a newbie) as I feel most are in similar situations and it's nice to hear how others are dealing with their feelings or issues.