Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ..for all of us older ladies..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

..for all of us older ladies..

...do you ever wonder what happened? who is that old woman looking back at you in the mirror? Just a couple years ago she was much more vibrant. Dressing and looking "age appropriate" is really your only option - which I do and try to appear younger than my 68yrs - it is still a thrill, but I think a trip back in a time machine would be sooo nice - maybe 40yrs or so, guess I'll settle for a trip to the mall and lunch. How about you? anyone noticing the older one staring back form the mirror?.........................Debra

Every time.I just attribute it to a bad mirror.

I refuse to look old! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren and Alice have the right idea, but it's hard to avoid mirrors when you're getting ready in the morning, I'd settle for traveling back just 20 years ago. In my mid-40s, I was a lot slimmer, my face hadn't begun to sag yet, and my legs still looked pretty good. And yet, I still like the face that stares back at me from the mirror. She may be older, but she's okay in my book.

Kicking against age is like kicking a sharp stick; both inflict pain. All one can do is make the best of it.

At 70, I see, depending on my mind set, either a rather plain older man, or an attractive woman who just happens to be on Social Security. I am now looking for some patching plaster to cover some of the road map on my face.

Bobbi

Aspiring Member
    True. I don't look the same as when I was in my thirties, but the fact remains that I look much younger as a woman than a man.

And as stated, it beats the alternative.

I will be 71 in 60 days.

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure. When I see pictures of myself in male mode, I think I look every bit of my age. My wife insists I'm too self critical. When I look in the mirror whilst en femme, i sometimes see a more flattering image, at least a slightly younger version. But I'm highly skeptical...and quite taking picture for fear of puncturing my illusions.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

We're only as old as we feel Hon but none of US will age gracefully if you know what I mean, not being a spring chicken notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

As long as I take off my reading glasses, I look ok lol.

being 39 again for the 21st time, i've stopped looking in the mirror as they seem to crack and break everytime i do...
    starting to regret the fact that i remember the beatles on ed sullivan, where i was when kennedy was shot, the landing on the moon,
    and actually watched mantle and ford play for the yanks. was so excited with the invention of the 8 track player, microwave,
    color tv, and vcr...but the best invention ever was the remote.
    paula

To me "Crissy" looks that same, maybe even a little better, then when I first saw her!!!

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Lets face it. The mirror knows no better.
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Closest I ever come to a time machine is a late train.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As I have "matured," I have learned to dress age appropriately. However, this does not mean one can not also be stylish. I have learned how to choose clothes that are figure flattering as opposed to figure flaunting. Although, I still like to flaunt occasionally. I also have noticed more acceptance in public.

I have stopped looking in the mirror got a bit fed up of replacing all the cracked ones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Yes DeeArel, I agree and still embrace "the mirror"- just not as close..............Debra

Just remember ... "When you're over the hill you pick up speed." So it's time for us older ladies to pick up speed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Since I didn't come out til I was in my 70s, the mirror isn't a bad thing. I look in it and think "you ain't bad for an old broad".

Older, maybe (I'll be 66 this year), but also wiser and more experienced, and infinitely more comfortable in my own skin - especially when it comes to going out in public en femme.

So what if I have a few more wrinkles? So do the GG's my age, and it just makes it easier to blend in.

Over the hill? Just try telling that to Barbara Walters, Joan Rivers, Dolly Parton, Raquel Welch, Bette Midler, Candace Bergen, and Betty White, just to name a few. Those ladies rock, and I intend to keep on rocking alongside them as long as I can...

Banned Read only
    Leslie I think cding makes you feel younger, on a good day It take 10 years off you, it obviously works for you. I didn't start skiing till I was 55 I was the oldest in the group but certainly not the worst skier, you come alive in the mountains. Think old not me Teresa has some living to do!

I'm with a couple of others on this one. Looking in the mirror as me is a thrill every time. It's him looking in the mirror that deflates me. Gets older looking every day. If he didn't have to shave, he probably would never look into the mirror. Ah, and since she didn't start taking this seriously til about 15 years ago, I often wonder how she would have looked back then as the dressing was hit and miss, with very little make-up and usually an ugly looking mustache.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

When the mirror looks back and it is not to my liking, I simply remove the glasses. Voila!! everything looks much better. Too bad I can't do that for my friends, they just have to take this girl as she is.

Dressing your age??? Calendar age or perceived age? A lot of older girls still have a very shapely figure. What a shame to cover it up in a dress-tent. There will come a time when the miniskirts and short dresses no longer look good, but until then, if you can pull off the look, why the heck not??

Sorry, sensitive about her age older girl Who still likes miniskirts.

Hugs, Robin

Banned Read only
    You're two years older than me. I make a point of NOT looking in a mirror en femme. Or at least one of the bathroom mirrors. I still find acceptance in the full length mirror that reflects my image at 15-20 feet. And, there is no point of reference nearby to tell my manly size (six foot/190 lbs). I am comfortable with that image. I am attired attractively. Robin, if a person can pull off the look that's great. I see some very attractive women at the mall walking in front of me. The illusion is shattered when they turn around. And, you have to define what a shapely figure is. As a guy or a woman I have a nice shape. I do not wear clothes that may be described as a tent. I do not have a beer gut. My skin has not been ravished with smoking. Yep, I have lost a lot of my hair. A wig will do nicely. I see many many younger people, male and female, that do not give a damn about their health and physical appearance. Age has nothing to do with it. I think this subject has pretty much worn itself out.

Gold Member
    At first I thought my mirror was dirty; I cleaned it and still looked the same.
    Now I just stop counting birthdays, and it workers.
    Rader