Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ..for all of us older ladies..

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Partially I feel age creeping up on me. But what bothers me most is the years I have lost to staying locked in my secretive closet. I have wasted over 30 yrs of my life that I cant get back. My advice to the younger members, use every resource you have available to you and dont miss out on anything that you wish for.
    Erica

I think the reason that I look in the mirror eight to ten times a day is just to see if that old women is still staring back at me! So far she has been able to keep up with my every move!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    That "older woman" looking back at me from the mirror is much better than the "old man" I would otherwise see!
    As the Cowardly Lion said, "Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Kicking against age is like kicking a sharp stick; both inflict pain. All one can do is make the best of it.

At 70, I see, depending on my mind set, either a rather plain older man, or an attractive woman who just happens to be on Social Security. I am now looking for some patching plaster to cover some of the road map on my face.

Bobbi

I am in my sixty's and look much younger as a women , I find its much easier to pass as an older women ,I look like a taller version of my mom as my aunt told me ( and I was Bob ) we should never
    complain at getting older many don't get to be old

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've seen a lot of you girls on the net since it started. I wish I had started makeup and stopped getting married way back when. Now I have the un-accepting wife and an old face that just fights makeup that I've just recently delved into. Try doing the Cover Girl thing to these old wrinkled peepers. But, that's OK. I'm glad society in general is more tolerant.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I actually destroyed a picture about 2 weeks ago. Maybe I should of scanned it and posted here but I didn't think of that till after I had ripped it up. Both daughters were standing there as well as one of the grand kids so I didn't want them to see it and ask who that aunt was. The family resemblance would have been to great to try and explain especially since the oldest daughter looks just like me from when I was living full time...which is when this pic was from. Not sure how it survived the fire but there it was in a loose paper frame from the company Christmas party in 84. At that point I had been living full time for just over 3 years, off hormones for just over a year, and with the hair and dresses my wife and I were wearing there was no mistaking there were two women in the photo.

I did look quite longingly at it for about 30 seconds before the kids came out the door....

I am 67 and dress as if I was at least 10 years younger. I wish I was about 22 now and in good shape so could dress that age.
    I am sure I could pass better if I dress up and did my makeup as my age but I do not want to dress that way.

I think the years have been kind to me and with the help of makeup my wife says I still look about 45.
    Since Jack Benny took 39 I'll stick with being 45 from now on no matter what that mirror says.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

yeah, well, like many of us here, I wish I was as accepting of my cross dressing thirty years and fifty pounds ago as I am today.

I was very cute when I was young… and thin. Didn't know anything about makeup or outfits back then, so it would be exciting to go back with the knowlegde I have now. Or how about if I were the same but just born in 1993 instead of 1953? The Beatles? who's that?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

being 39 again for the 21st time, i've stopped looking in the mirror as they seem to crack and break everytime i do...
    starting to regret the fact that i remember the beatles on ed sullivan, where i was when kennedy was shot, the landing on the moon,
    and actually watched mantle and ford play for the yanks. was so excited with the invention of the 8 track player, microwave,
    color tv, and vcr...but the best invention ever was the remote.
    paula

Banned Read only
    Leslie I think cding makes you feel younger, on a good day It take 10 years off you, it obviously works for you. I didn't start skiing till I was 55 I was the oldest in the group but certainly not the worst skier, you come alive in the mountains. Think old not me Teresa has some living to do!

I'm with a couple of others on this one. Looking in the mirror as me is a thrill every time. It's him looking in the mirror that deflates me. Gets older looking every day. If he didn't have to shave, he probably would never look into the mirror. Ah, and since she didn't start taking this seriously til about 15 years ago, I often wonder how she would have looked back then as the dressing was hit and miss, with very little make-up and usually an ugly looking mustache.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Now I have....an old face that just fights makeup that I've just recently delved into. Try doing the Cover Girl thing to these old wrinkled peepers.
    As an older girl with lots of facial sun exposure, filling in the crevasses is a challenge. I recently learned of face primers that bridge some of them providing a smoother canvas on which to place your foundation and color. While there are some expensive MAC products, the Monistat Powder Gel works for me and is quite reasonable in cost.

Just some ideas on getting our faces up to the same standards as the rest of our physical selves.

Hugs, Robin

Robindee 36,

Thanks for the tip on the monistat, I'll start looking for it. Does it come in industrial strength?

Bobbi

Aspiring Member
    Will be 71 in the next couple of months. And am in good physical shape.

Since I do have a young looking face, I tend to look much younger when dressed as a woman.

If not, then bald with a piece of gray fuzz which makes me look much older.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBI G. View Post
    Robindee 36,

Thanks for the tip on the monistat, I'll start looking for it. Does it come in industrial strength?

Bobbi
    Yes, it's called Spackle!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Thanks. Between you, Miss Hutton, and Home Depot, I now have an addition to my makeup drawer.

Bobbi

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    That "older woman" looking back at me from the mirror is much better than the "old man" I would otherwise see!
    I agree completely!
    Dana Fleming

I don't think I am old yet but thanks to cross dressing I am eating healthier, at the gym 5 days a week and learning yoga for flexibility. Cross dressing has given me the drive to be the best looking lady I can be. About that makeup stuff though, I have improved to just resembling Alice Cooper.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

I will be 65 in four months. I am already on the Social Security and my other pension. When I get on the Medicare, my wife is going to retire and we are going to take our Airstream and travel for as long as we want.

I like dressing androgynously and of course, underdressing, but wigs, forms, heels, etc, aren't in my playbook. but I just can't believe that I look that old.

Having said that, on Tuesday I went to grandson's basketball game with my wife and the ticket seller said I get in free, why I asked, because I was over 65.

I asked my wife if I really looked that old. And then I was reminded when I get my hair cut and I look at all the hair on the drape and its almost all grey...is that really my hair?

Sigh, elastic waist jeans, smock tops, full brief panties, sensible shoes..... remember that website called http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/

Wow, I'd just love to look like an older lesbian! Is that website meant to be a putdown? Because, mostly, that's a bunch of really attractive older guys. A few look a bit haggard but that looks like bad lighting or crappy make-up or both. Anyway isn't the great thing about being over sixty that you can so much more easily blur genders because both men and women look, well, old? I was quite beautiful when I was young but I never smiled so I was kind of scary. People would abruptly look away rather than meet my eyes. Now I smile all the time and I'm even developing those happy wrinkles around my eyes. What's more, people smile at me! I just love being an old queer something or other!

I certainly had a time when I looked much, much better.