Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ..for all of us older ladies..

..for all of us older ladies..

...do you ever wonder what happened? who is that old woman looking back at you in the mirror? Just a couple years ago she was much more vibrant. Dressing and looking "age appropriate" is really your only option - which I do and try to appear younger than my 68yrs - it is still a thrill, but I think a trip back in a time machine would be sooo nice - maybe 40yrs or so, guess I'll settle for a trip to the mall and lunch. How about you? anyone noticing the older one staring back form the mirror?.........................Debra

Every time.I just attribute it to a bad mirror.

I refuse to look old! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren and Alice have the right idea, but it's hard to avoid mirrors when you're getting ready in the morning, I'd settle for traveling back just 20 years ago. In my mid-40s, I was a lot slimmer, my face hadn't begun to sag yet, and my legs still looked pretty good. And yet, I still like the face that stares back at me from the mirror. She may be older, but she's okay in my book.

Closest I ever come to a time machine is a late train.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As I have "matured," I have learned to dress age appropriately. However, this does not mean one can not also be stylish. I have learned how to choose clothes that are figure flattering as opposed to figure flaunting. Although, I still like to flaunt occasionally. I also have noticed more acceptance in public.

I have stopped looking in the mirror got a bit fed up of replacing all the cracked ones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Yes DeeArel, I agree and still embrace "the mirror"- just not as close..............Debra

Just remember ... "When you're over the hill you pick up speed." So it's time for us older ladies to pick up speed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Since I didn't come out til I was in my 70s, the mirror isn't a bad thing. I look in it and think "you ain't bad for an old broad".

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure. When I see pictures of myself in male mode, I think I look every bit of my age. My wife insists I'm too self critical. When I look in the mirror whilst en femme, i sometimes see a more flattering image, at least a slightly younger version. But I'm highly skeptical...and quite taking picture for fear of puncturing my illusions.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

We're only as old as we feel Hon but none of US will age gracefully if you know what I mean, not being a spring chicken notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

As long as I take off my reading glasses, I look ok lol.

Older, maybe (I'll be 66 this year), but also wiser and more experienced, and infinitely more comfortable in my own skin - especially when it comes to going out in public en femme.

So what if I have a few more wrinkles? So do the GG's my age, and it just makes it easier to blend in.

Over the hill? Just try telling that to Barbara Walters, Joan Rivers, Dolly Parton, Raquel Welch, Bette Midler, Candace Bergen, and Betty White, just to name a few. Those ladies rock, and I intend to keep on rocking alongside them as long as I can...

To me "Crissy" looks that same, maybe even a little better, then when I first saw her!!!

When the mirror looks back and it is not to my liking, I simply remove the glasses. Voila!! everything looks much better. Too bad I can't do that for my friends, they just have to take this girl as she is.

Dressing your age??? Calendar age or perceived age? A lot of older girls still have a very shapely figure. What a shame to cover it up in a dress-tent. There will come a time when the miniskirts and short dresses no longer look good, but until then, if you can pull off the look, why the heck not??

Sorry, sensitive about her age older girl Who still likes miniskirts.

Hugs, Robin

Platinum Member
    You're two years older than me. I make a point of NOT looking in a mirror en femme. Or at least one of the bathroom mirrors. I still find acceptance in the full length mirror that reflects my image at 15-20 feet. And, there is no point of reference nearby to tell my manly size (six foot/190 lbs). I am comfortable with that image. I am attired attractively. Robin, if a person can pull off the look that's great. I see some very attractive women at the mall walking in front of me. The illusion is shattered when they turn around. And, you have to define what a shapely figure is. As a guy or a woman I have a nice shape. I do not wear clothes that may be described as a tent. I do not have a beer gut. My skin has not been ravished with smoking. Yep, I have lost a lot of my hair. A wig will do nicely. I see many many younger people, male and female, that do not give a damn about their health and physical appearance. Age has nothing to do with it. I think this subject has pretty much worn itself out.

Gold Member
    At first I thought my mirror was dirty; I cleaned it and still looked the same.
    Now I just stop counting birthdays, and it workers.
    Rader

That "older woman" looking back at me from the mirror is much better than the "old man" I would otherwise see!
    Hugs, Carole

What George Burns said once, still sticks with me.
    "You can't help but getting older, but you don't have to get old."

I see people now-a-days - men and women alike well into their senior years looking more active, as well as looking younger. Todays 80 year olds are yesteryears 60 year olds.
    I may have some wrinkles, and my skin may not be as smooth. But I'll be darned if I don't try and look the best I can. If for nobody else but that old woman in the mirror!
    Last edited by Stephanie Miller; 01-03-2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Inside every older person is a younger one saying "What the heck?". I will not pretend to be aging gracefully but it has some advantages. I no longer worry about trying to as as a sexy young thing. As a lady of a certain age I don't attract attention or scrutiny I once would have. Passing is much easier just being another old lady. My body shape is much more acceptable as female as many older women have tummies that protrude as far as their boobs.
    Some friends from my support group want me to start hormones and finish my life as a woman. I won't gain much female shape at 65 but being emotionally female might be interesting.
    I find I see much more in the mirror now, a mature person who is free to be myself, whoever that is.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

I am very happy to see any lady looking back from the mirror! Luckily do to the magic of a good wig and makeup, the woman that looks back at me is about 15 years younger than the man that occasionally occupies that mirror.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    DeeArel, you keep on flaunting girl; I know I will.

The passing of time has made me much more conscientious of the imperfections age brings (or exaggerates.) I can slow it with good skin care, but I know I can't stop it. If anything, I wish I knew in my 20's what I know of skin care in my 50's. Would have done some things differently.

As for dressing, cute shoes and panties are timeless

good post kind of funny I asked my therapist that same question today. what the f--- will I look like when I am 60 70 80 will I still want to do this. I went to tran. and that is one of my fears. my hair dress though i was someone else that was 21 and she told me to take it however I went I just came out to her. it was the best cut and style I have ever had. I am 55 and could not stop looking in the mirror window glass doors.