Thread: Place to Dress

Place to Dress

hey ladies, my name is Kendra I am from New York City. This is my first time posting, but I've read throughout the forum and i love it !

Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you have been in a situation where you would want to dress but were not able because no one at home knows? If so how would you coupe with the urge of dressing ? Right now i don't know what to do and it's driving me crazy because i want to fully dress and go out in public. I was wondering if any of you girls would let me come over and dress and we could probably go out and spend the day as beautiful girls we are Please help me...!!!!

Kendra
    XOXO

hi and welcome Kendra. possibly you could get a hotel for a weekend...privacy and no worries of family member suddenly showing up. most bigger cities have some form of a transformation service with a girls night out kind of deal but can get expensive depending on package wanted. you could come to my house but its in texas lol surely some closer members than me

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    kendra....i understand where you are coming from....i stay with family right now too...luckily they travel ALOT ...a hotel is a great option...and have gone to one when it was too stuffy at home. NYC has some great cd groups and events as well..i checked them out. Havent gone but plan to when the temperature and the skirts go up! also having a studio or an art space is a good option...i looked into this in rural upstate new york areas..rent is sooo cheap cause its in the middle of nowhere it would be a private place for you to dress on weekends ...not much nightlife though

Kendra I can only suggest a hotel room for the weekend or somewhere else like camping or trailer park for a weekend.
    trailer park accommodation is good as long as you have a car.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Kbabe,
    I have been all over Manhattan dressed as female....dresses and all. I usually hop on a train or a bus from New Jersey to get there. The cost of parking sucks.

NYC is the best because no one cares how you're dressed. Lots of young girls there, and they are very showy, and love to show off their fashion skills. The problem with fashion in New York City is it rubs off on us all.....We all want to be active participants.

A friend of mine was a real-estate agent who had access to unoccupied houses. I never tried to gain access to them, but I often thought that this would have been an ideal scenario.

a hotel is not a bad place to start. some cities have support groups where the members do show up dressed.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I like to get a hotel room for two days and then dress, go out, and come back without problems.

Same Problem here. Have to wait until i get out of town by myself for work. Doesn't happen too often but makes those few times that much more special!

Thanks ladies for the advise, but I am currently a college student, so i am somewhat limited with my income. Are there any daytime hotels ? Ive looked but i havent found any.

Try a club like Carla's Social Club in San Jose,Ca. It is not costly. They support a private place for the transgendered and cross-dressing community. You can keep your closet there, dress there, and go out from there. Also you can stay there and visit with others CD's. Transformations and makeovers are available too. I would use it more often if it were closer to my home.

Forgot to mention earlier, sometimes I use my motor home. Privacy, all supplies and clothes, and Etc. are there. Yes I do agree with bringing a car for comfort.
    Last edited by julietalyse; 01-29-2014 at 03:20 AM. Reason: additional info

Hotel is a great idea. I prefer to find one by a mall where I can easily take a nice walk to and go for a stroll.