Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a different driver when dressed?

Are you a different driver when dressed?

My wife got a call this morning to meet up with a friend for lunch and a drink. So asked me if I could drop her off in town and pick her up later. When she asked I was fully dressed (I was up before her) my plan was to catch up with some office work at home while dressed. Not wanting to change back to drab she said just go as I am. Normally she drives if Ann is out as well. So I took her in to town and then later in the dark picked her up. On the way back she commented that I drive so differently when I am Ann behind the wheel, a much more relaxed driving style. I always drive in flats (tried heels but does not feel safe!) if anybody is asking.

After giving it a thought I do change my driving style so as not to attract attention, but there is one thing I love to do is burn some spotty youth up at the lights when they think it's a woman behind the wheel I do have a very fast big car so it has to be done!!

So my question is, does anybody else drive differently when dressed?
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Find out more about me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54661188@N08/

Banned Read only
    Ever since I embraced my real self, I have been a very different driver. I used to be such an aggressive driver, now I am more calm and relaxed, my driving has improved greatly as I am more cautious and I have gained about 10mpg!!!

Very much so.... I drive much slower, that is to say, closer to the speed limit... slightly over but only a couple of miles over. Also, when coming up to stop lights, I make sure that my windows don't line up with adjacent cars and give my self enough wiggle room to move up a little if some one starts staring.....

Renne.....

Yep, didn't know my Mustang could go so slow. Don't push the yellow light either. Have resisted blowing the kids away at the lights... so far.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Thanks Carla for the link to "Groundhog Day" Lol, one of my favourite films.
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Find out more about me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54661188@N08/

Hi AnntoAnn, Yes I find I do drive different, an yes I have a fast car Saab turbo.. Like you said they see me as a older women an play there little game.. The look is great when you leave them in the dust.. JO

I probably drive differently since I really don't want to have any conversations with John Law.

However, I think that it may have had an overall positive effect on my driving as the frustration I felt before I started to dress regularly often bled over into other aspects of my personality.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Yes I drive more careful, especially since the long hair does limit my peripheral vision. Imagine getting pulled over would be nerve racking, but my worse nightmare would be getting hit by a car load of teenage kids.

oh yes! basically because i don't want to meet up with mr policeman...so i am a very safe driver...no agressive driving and always follow
    the speed limits...which is a first for me
    paula

Yes, I tend to agree . I drive much less like a maniac when Gretchen is behind the wheel.

I drive the same way as I do as my male self but I often wonder if I'm in a bad accident then I might make the 6pm news.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    I've often thought about a post like this, thank you. I do drive the same with the exception that I'm usually in a dress or a skirt so I consciously kept my knees together. I guess it's a girl thing?
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

Silver Member
    Not really anymore. I used to drive different in the way that I held my hands on the steering wheel and sat more upright. Now I don't wear a wig and while I wear all fem clothes I go everywhere in them. Including the police station if need be.

Banned Read only
    Less aggressive, more polite (mostly), try not to draw attention, especially from police--been pulled over a couple of times; not nearly as bad as i thought it would be.

Just dressed differently.
    I am aware of my surroundings more and a little more cautious.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I drive pretty much the same except I get nervous, especially at
    at traffic light. I get excited at the same time at the thought
    that someone in a car next to me thinks I am a woman.

Aspiring Member
    Coming home late at night from a costume party dressed as a Southern Belle with a 115" hoopskirt, or as a Duchess in a long middle ages gown I tend to take it easy.

I am a safe driver an do very little drinking, if any, but I am more worried about who is roaming the streets late at night.

I do worry if I am stopped at a light and someone suspicious is staring. What they see is what they think is a woman who they think is an easy target.

I do look around and if anything is suspicious take a different route.

Any suspicious characters in the neighborhood when I get home I just go around the block.

Being dressed as a woman, thugs might just want to take advantage thinking that I am a defenseless woman.

Whether I'm dressed as a woman or not I am not looking for that kind of trouble
    Last edited by Martha G; 01-05-2014 at 02:58 AM.

I'm normally a very fast driver darting in and out of traffic, but I rarely get lost. Trisha on the other hand drives very conservatively and manages to get lost all the time. So I don't know if I'm driving how I think women drive of if I'm just to distracted by the way I'm dressed but Trisha is a terrible navigator.
    Last edited by TrishaV; 01-05-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Banned Read only
    I have only driven at night but I think ahead more so I don't put myself in an embarrassing situation and stick to the speed limits, besides the longer it takes the more I enjoy it. Getting a flat could be interesting last time I was wearing 4" Knee high boots!
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-05-2014 at 08:55 AM.

My driving as a male and my driving as a CD is about as different as night and day. The male side of me is usually a total Ahole when driving and the CD side is the sweet little old lady from Pasadena. LOL

Yes, I drive differently.
    I'm more courteous and cautious. I suppose mostly because I prefer not to be involved in an accident or stopped by the police and have to go through all the explaining.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    I make sure I observe all the traffic laws. I don't run the yellow light. I keep my speed at limit or with the flow of traffic. I make sure I signal. I always check my lights; headlights, turn signals, brake lights. The last time I was stopped it was due a brake light not working. I was dress as a man. I really do not want an encounter dressed as a woman unless it was Halloween.

Yes, I drive much more conservatively.

I don't yell as much but I still get annoyed. I can't parallel park in either mode without 4 attempts. I now let peoplle go around me when they are in a hurry...I call it baiting the police
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,