Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a different driver when dressed?

Gone to live my life
    Nope,

I drive the same in either gender presentation . . . obey the traffic rules, non-aggressive and courteous. It has nothing to do with not wanting to get stopped by the police while "en femme" but everything to do with being a responsible person . . . cars in the hands of aggressive drivers inevitably wind up hurting someone.

Hugs

Isha

No I drive the same as my male self get looks from other males seeing a bird drive like a bloke
    whilst driving within the law I wont give way to BMW / Audi drivers etc
    Last edited by Roli F; 01-05-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

Banned Read only
    I tend to drive more conservatively when dressed, keeping to or just below the posted limits and being more aware of my surroundings while in traffic. Not that I drive aggressively when in male mode, but I have noticed the difference.

I tend to be more patient re: traffic and other drivers.
    Hugs, Carole

yes I do,being more conservatively,not going over posted speed,full stops,but still showing a lot of legs on the interstates,and getting in and out of the suv.

Yes I drive far more conservatively when dressed mainly due to the fact that I don't want a brush with the Police whilst dressed.

Yes, I definitely drive differently. For one thing, I sit much differently wearing a skirt than I do wearing pants with my knees much closer together. And wearing heels is a different sensation, too. I'm much calmer and drive slower, too. And I do find myself checking my hair and makeup quite often!

Yes, when I'm in a dress I instantly lose my parallel parking skills.

It's not like I do want a brush with the police when I'm not 'dressed', so I don't think I drive noticeably different, e.g. never more than 15 mph above speed limit

Yes, absolutely. I attribute this to not wanting to be caught out by others, thus I drive slower than I normally do. Also, at stoplights, I find myself making sure I am in a position where people in adjacent lanes cannot easily see me and also while driving, I am careful that people in vehicles in which drivers can 'look down and into my vehicle, cannot see me as easily as well.
    Di

I try to drive more cautiously when dressed. Which makes me nervous so then I find myself making stupid mistakes like hitting the curb when pulling up to the mailbox or going the wrong way on a one way street. Maybe sub-consciously I want to meet that Big Burly Policeman.

I do find some shoes to be a problem too, clogs with a small heel are impossible.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Interesting point. I also find myself more relaxed and not trying to rush. Part is because I often have heels on that require more caution and I guess I do not want to attract undue attention. But I have driven not only around town, but to Las Vegas and back dressed and in daylight hours. Love driving as it is, but when dressed it is more fun.

Nope, I still complain and curse about all of the idiot drivers out there. I did notice that when I pass semis though that some drivers try to keep up with me to cop a look.Sometimes I'll play that to the hilt.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

By the way, why did no-one make a "passing" joke yet?

When driving in dress, it's usually at night and always by myself. Less traffic. In dress or drab driving alone, I tend to be more courteous, calm, cool, really no one else to complain to. Put me in the drivers seat with the family in tow than watch out. I have mellowed out a bit since the kids were born. More cautious. I guess it doesn't really matter what I'm wearing, just is the car full or empty.

Joni

I agree with most of the poster here. I drive less aggressively and try not to draw attension. But I feel really relaxed and don't feel the need to rush. And at stop lights I don't let my window line up with car next to mine.

Thanks ladies for all your comments, very interesting. It seems the majority do change their driving style. Thinking about what changes my driving is not the brush with the law (as I have encountered that when whiteness to an accident while dressed, see my reply to another thread) but I do have a company car and it would be difficult to explain if I something happened. The car belongs to the company and any speeding offences go straight to the MD. imagine his surprise to see a woman at the wheel not looking like my SO on the speed camera photo!!! So I will drive my weekend car or the wife's if she lets me and put my foot down.
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Find out more about me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54661188@N08/

I would say about the same. But I do find it alot harder to parallel park while dressed fem.
    WINK

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Amazingly, yes. I am a lead foot as my male self but keep to the traffic speed when dressed. I also drive with two hands on the wheel in girl mode. One as a guy.

I'm more cautious. I fear getting in an accident or getting pulled over, but I'm very relaxed. And there is all ways the other driver.

I drive about the same, but I feel much more alert when dressed. Probably out of nervousness about being stopped or getting into an accident.

I'd love to say that I am the same person driving no matter how I am dressed but it wouldn't fit as I tend to drive a bit more cautious and around the speed limit when I am dressed and out (which is almost never but one day a year).

Like Dawn03, I think I am more alert than anything else for the same reasons.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I too drive a bit more cautiously when dressed for fear of traffic violations.
    Although I have not been out on the motorcycle yet. I wonder how that might go?
    Probably the same.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    By the way, why did no-one make a "passing" joke yet?
    When I drive around as Carla, I‘m always make sure I‘m always passing correctly so if I drive pass a police officer I avoid having to pass him my license.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Absolutely when driving enfemme I'm calmer and just enjoy the ride.

I’m much more careful when I drive when dressed. Even when I under dress I’m so careful not to be aggressive. In male mode I’m the road warrior, as Carroll I’m very careful and very concentrated. I’d just die if I were ever stop by the Police.