Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a different driver when dressed?

I only drove dressed once, I was VERY careful!
    Dana Fleming

That's the worldly answer to traffic safety. Pass a law to cross-dress while behind the wheel. I wonder how the accident rates would be affected. Everyone would be more cautious, law abiding motorist. Municipalities and insurance companies would go bankrupt. Imagine. Would we be checking our make up and hair in the rear view mirror? Would I stop and ask for directions in dress? Would my knowledge of automobile mechanics diminish if in dress? I wonder....

Joni

I was so nervous. The first thing I did was to turn left on a red light and I got honked at. Now I am much more careful. However... sometimes I change the rear view mirror so I can see my self--and how cute I look. Gotta use the side mirrors, then. Rear view is helpful for applying makeup when parked.

I drive much more carefully when dressed, because I don't want to get stopped by the police or get involved in the accident. Of course I don't want anything of that happen anyway, but especially I don't want to happen when I'm dressed in ladies clothes.

I absolutely drive very differently en femme... Two hands on the wheel... Upright posture... And much slower... Not to mention hiking up the skirt a little when a naughty guy in a raised big truck pulls up next to me... Lol.

I definitely drive more tentatively when I'm dressed. Partly because my knees are together, holding my male self in, and partly because I would die of embarrassment if I had a bump or got stopped by the police.

I do tend to drive in flats, and have a pair of heels to change into, but I can drive quite competently in heels.

Has anyone ever been caught out while driving?
    Everything is better in heels

Tvchix.com/profiles/Jilly1974

I drive a Porsche Cayenne, not fast, but I hate to slow down for curves, except when I am dressed.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaV View Post
    I'm normally a very fast driver darting in and out of traffic, but I rarely get lost. Trisha on the other hand drives very conservatively and manages to get lost all the time. So I don't know if I'm driving how I think women drive of if I'm just to distracted by the way I'm dressed but Trisha is a terrible navigator.
    Natasha is very similar in regards to being kind of clueless behind the wheel too! LOL
    Gets lost very easily, has been know to park on the grass after 40 days and 40 nights of rain and get totally stuck!......more times than I care to admit!
    obliviously props her left leg up against the door while wearing short skirts and flashes quite often

But on the whole she is a good driver. My wife says I drive very girly!
    In my mannerisms and driving style.
    HUGS

I'm in the slower-more-careful group. I know most people hear say the police aren't phased by crossdressing, but there's no need to press my luck.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I am very careful when driving as Sheila.
    Got stopped by the policeman years ago when out dressed and did not like it.
    Live and let dress.

I never thought about it but I'm hell on wheels when dressed cause I love messing with boys!! It's even better to see the look on there face if I'm out with my wife'!!

I am very distracted when driving en femme. In a dress or skirt, I drive with my knees closer together than I normally drive in drab. Besides that, I am distracted by the feeling of my wig tickling my neck, my clip on earring hurting, my jewelry clanking, my hair messing with peripheral vision, the fragrance, and the feel of makeup on my face and lipstick on my lips. Other than these things, I'm just driving as I have for about 55 years!

Banned Read only
    Yes, there is no question I am different but the difference is because I am in no hurry. When dressed, I just enjoy the outing as opposed to needing get somewhere as quickly as possible.

I find that I make more mistakes, and this is probably sexist but I don't care when Kimberly is driving. I blame it on driving like a woman

I definitely drive better when dressed in my nicer clothes,
    I am very careful not to do anything that will attract attention,
    Really don't need any reason for the police to stop me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    I try to be very careful about everything when I drive dressed. It is usually a medium to long trip. All accidents are preventable. I am so energized that I am much more alert.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

I definitely try to be more relaxed and cautious when I'm out driving dressed. One reason is that I like to enjoy the sensation of being out dressed and it's easier to do this if you are not rushing. Like others I'm also conscious that it would be embarrassing if I was pulled over by the police or involved in an accident.
    Love Veronica

You can view my photos on

www.flickr.com/photos/evahopeful

Some habits are fortunately hard to break.
    I drove a school bus for a while, and safety was the number one priority. Full and complete stops at every stop sign, enter intersections only after the cars have come to a stop, eyes on each mirror every 20 seconds, and many more. If I drove any more conservatively I wouldn't leave my driveway.
    As for others, perhaps another reason for driving more carefully could be because the journey is part of the experience. That is, it isn't just about getting from one place to another, it's about enjoying the trip and taking in all its comforts.
    Last edited by MsVal; 01-18-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Yes, I drive differently.
    I'm more courteous and cautious. I suppose mostly because I prefer not to be involved in an accident or stopped by the police and have to go through all the explaining.
    My feelings exactly Cheryl. That's the one part of going out that worries me.

Sadly the only accident I have had in the past five years was when partially dressed. I was wearing flats, pantyhose, a pair of androgynous slacks and a sweatshirt with bra and forms. Waiting to merge into traffic on a very busy road, an older gentleman rear ended me with his truck. No one was hurt but the accident was such that we had to move the cars off the street and into an adjacent parking lot and call the police. While not overly obvious, it was clear that I had breasts and was wearing flats. But nobody said anything and the cop actually gave the other guy a ticket for rear ending me. I was nervous as could be but ultimately it all turned out ok.
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

Aspiring Member
    Probably more cautious en femme. Definitely more aware about everything when out including behind the wheel. Everything seems more alive, colorful.

I'm a much more attentive driver. Some of that comes from the fact that I may catch the eye of someone so I am very attentive stops signs, street lights. I enjoy when some guy behind is in such a rush I can read his lips of course he can't tell i see him with my very womanly sunglasses but his lips say come on lady move it!

Banned Read only
    More cautious when dressed.

V

I drive about the same either way--fastish, but not too aggressive. Shelly does drive differently with different shoes. Heels and wedge sandals change the angle of my foot to the accelerator and brake pedal, so I am a little more cautious.

I've been pulled over a few times, and in each case, the officer was polite and professional. Even in some hick parts of Texas. Unfortunately, Shelly has also had an accident (a car cut in front of the car in front of me, which was able to stop in time, me not so much). The driver I hit was a little cranky-can't blame her, really-the police and paramedics were polite and professional. They checked me out, made sure I was okay, and sent me on my way.

And yes, I have been known to make sure that the hem of my skirt was a little higher when cute guys in big pickups go by .

My car trips are always male driven. I don't drive anymore. Sometimes a CD is behind the wheel.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud