Thread: Just me in a dress

Just me in a dress

I’m basically interested in how many other folks just see themselves in a dress and not as another person when dressed. I mean for example many folks here refer to this other female person who has different likes and dislikes, giving her more time, what she wants or deserves etc. For me it just ain’t like that. Its still me and I just like doing the same stuff but wearing womens clothes. Maybe I’ve been reading too many other threads on here since its vacation time and struggle to relate to those who become someone else. Even coming up with a Username on here was a bit of a challenge since I would normally just use my real name if anyone asks when dressed.

Fortunately a bottle of whiskey solved the Username problem
    Last edited by Talisker; 01-05-2014 at 06:35 PM. Reason: whiskey

I feel like I have a female personality when I dress; in fact, since I've been finding less and less time to actually dress, adopting my female personality and talking about shopping and guys and other "girly" stuff (or at least girly in my own mind) is part of how I "crossdress" without actually changing my clothes. So yeah, I don't think of myself as a totally different person, but more as having a girly personality at certain times. :P

Banned Read only
    I too, am just me regardless of attire

everyone is different.
    When younger (5) while I crossdressed, I could understand why.
    When I was 13 I thought of it as a sexual thing
    In my late 20's I decided to acknowledge my inner girl (sub personality) and started to let her have more time over the years to develop into a full personality.
    I remember one day waking up, and saying to myself, I'll let Rachel develop as much as she needs to and see where it leads.
    We seem to have reached a stable balance.

For me, having someone else skipper the skinbag gives me a chance to have a break, but we do switch and blend as required.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I am very much the same, people seem to want us to be a different person if we dress, I'm just as I am but for the cute dress. Its funny you mentioned usernames, I signed up with my real first name and then realised whoops that might not be right here. Thought up this one just for the status quo, and its a name I'm fond of but I've never used it.
    Last edited by (Sara); 01-05-2014 at 07:03 PM.

I think I'm me when dressed but it's fun pretending. I do love dressing so when I can I do. I under dress a lot also. When I'm doing work at my farm I enjoy the under dressing and when at home in its private rather rural area I dress as Jaylyn which is close to my name also. I am somewhat like you I just enjoy dressing and really don't become another personality. I asked a similar question on here not too long ago wondering about the same thing except mine was does your wife or SO think of you as a different person?

Gone to live my life
    Like you, I do not magically change into another person. I am still me, same likes, same dislikes, same friends and same vices. I just look prettier doing so.

Hugs

Isha

I am still me with the same sense of humor, etc. I do act differently, in that I try to be a feminine as possible.

Platinum Member
    My personality and my identity are constant. The issue is whether my clothes match or conflict with the person I am.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I agree with all the posts so far. It's just me. I have to admit that in my perfect world everyone I love and care for would let me dress the way I want, when I want, but that's never going to happen. So I steal time to express my complete self on occasion and let everyone see only a part most of the time. Sometimes the complete person comes out when I'm in drab. I'm a crier. I cry when my patients die. I cry at movies. (Has anyone seen "Saving Mr. Banks?) I balled like a baby when my kids went away to college and did the same when they got married. And lets not even talk about the births of the 7 granchildren. My wife just rolls her eyes and hands me a tissue. I like being me. Love, Steph

For me when dressed I am complete, I always have a feminine out look on things, but when dressed I just feel normal and comfortable. I feel less angry and can handle things better. Also I have a desire to be social that my male side does not have so.
    "Understanding is the first step toward acceptance." Albus Dumbledore

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Im am just me. Actually feel more like myself when in female attire. I would prefer to not call it dressing. Because I am always dressed. Id probably get in trouble if I didnt dress before going out. :0
    Erica

Hey Steph, the crying comment is interesting. Most music really gets me - I can cry when it's beautiful, Lyrics or melody, and yes when a movie really gets to you too. My take is women (ya the real ones) are more emotional than men, but men (ya the real ones too) are much more sentimental than women are - that's why there are "guy chic flics" like Rudy & Field of Dreams. Then throw us dress and panty lovers into the mix, and it gets all bollixed up!

Also that scene from Sleepless in Seattle when Tom Hanks and his buddy Faux-cry over some action film - funny!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieMac View Post
    Hey Steph, the crying comment is interesting. Most music really gets me - I can cry when it's beautiful, Lyrics or melody, and yes when a movie really gets to you too. My take is women (ya the real ones) are more emotional than men, but men (ya the real ones too) are much more sentimental than women are - that's why there are "guy chic flics" like Rudy & Field of Dreams. Then throw us dress and panty lovers into the mix, and it gets all bollixed up!
    Wonderful comment, wonderful insight! Thanks!

When I'm dressed, I feel better. Same person, but at that point the clothes match the brain. I enjoy underdressing and even slipping a nice top under a mannish sweater for the day when out with the fam.

Also, I have noticed that the longer I go along, the less frilly I need to be... I can be happy in a nice top and a pair of jeans with cute shoes sometimes, other days it may be a prairie dress and a pair of tights. There isn't really a metamorphosis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

Talisker,
    I wonder if your cousin is on this board, "Jackie Daniels"?

A word of advice, don't bother over thinking your situation either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I really feel no different no matter how I am dressed, but feel far more comfortable (also a bit risque', to be truthful), in skirts and dresses. I am by nature more emotional than most guys, but can suppress a lot of that when it's what I consider a survival situation.
    My most despicable emotional behavior is my reaction to maudlin, horribly sentimental movies (and songs, etc.). I bawl me eyes out, but it has to be unbearably mawkish, puerile, saccharin drivel of the absolutely worst sort; anything less and I am unaffected. I don't approve of it, frankly find it embarrassing and try to avoid it at all costs, but there it is.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Every day that passes I find more and more that I am my true self when dressed en femme.

Me: I am just me in a dress. Same as always.
    Shelby: How dare you deny me. I am just as real as you are.
    Me: I just like to wear the clothes and enjoy the softer fabrics.
    Shelby: Really? I can't believe you can actually say that with a straight face.
    Me: I mean I really don't have a chance of ever passing so why fool myself. No voices in my head or alternate personalities here.
    Shelby: OK, that's it. If I don't exist, then you can't borrow my shoes any more!
    Me: Wait, you mean not even those cute brown pumps with the open toe I like so much.
    Shelby: Well, If I don't exist, just who do you think you are going to borrow them from? And by the way, I want my peignoir back!!!

Me: Um, I think I may need to rethink my answer just a bit...

Shelby

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I've stated this a few times before, when my hair goes on Lynn makes her entrance. If you are only partially dressing, I can fully understand how there would be no real change. That's how it was for me before hair and makeup.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I'm finding it harder and harder to spend any amount of time in Male personal.
    I've finally flipped over in my mind that Bobbi is looking back at me from the mirror and I have to now work at making her look male.
    When I am out at a family function or a dinner, when I have to pretend to be male, I become agitated and cant wait to get back home and take off the male-ness.
    I really am more comfortable as Bobbi, and I think this is who I am, how I want to live, and If I need to cut a tree, or rebuild an engine, I'm just happy that I have that piece of Bobbi that I can rely on.
    So I think that I am more of a girl that has to wear slacks, than a guy that wears dresses
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

When I was very young, wearing my sisters clothes just gave me a thrill and I felt good. From puberty until 50 it was sexual and I didn't feel like a woman or had a desire to. Since then, my dressing has become more of a desire to become feminine and really enjoy dressing and acting as feminine as I can. I identify more as a female as I shop. I have a better understanding of what women go through considering makeup, jewelry, feminine shoes that are not easy to walk in and the much more complicated fashions they wear considering the patterns, colors, tight fitting clothing and boobs that jut out.

I don't think my personality changes, but my emulation of female behavior makes me feel good and happy, and I think does soften my view of the world. Does that make any sense?

My answer is based on what I see when I look at pictures of myself. My real self is male and, no matter what male clothes I wear, I just see me, unmistakably. But, when I see a pic of myself as Geena, I don't quite see it as me, but as someone similar to me.

well. its is me sort of but I feel different more feminine. Of course I have been feeling more and more like that lately though. I guess it is sort of a different personality.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987