Thread: Getting older

Question Getting older

Would life be better now if I had came out when I was young and fair skinned?

a hard question to answer , if a small word but big unknown

We can speculate but who we are now is the most important thing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

40 years of hiding and denial, makes me want to cry. Chin up new day.
    Love KristyE

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Its a tough question. I think alot of us feel it would have been better. But most of us are in out 40-60's. Back then we did not have the resources we do now, and I dont think people were as open minded as they are now. So we struggle wondering, yet we probably would have struggled just as much trying to fit in. Catch 22 I guess.
    Erica

Platinum Member
    It's dangerous to tamper with the past. If it were possible to do so, imagine all of the other life events which might be disrupted by that one change.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gone to live my life
    Good question . . . my first true CD (complete en femme) was when I as smallish 18 year old and my girlfriend at the time was shall we say "experimental in all things fun". She convinced me to dress up and being young (did not have to shave) I made a pretty girl. Did it once and never did again until recently (31 years later). When I looked in the mirror expecting to see that pretty young girl, the reflection I got back was an old guy in make-up. Since looking in the mirror a few months ago, I have gotten better at make-up but alas . . . still an old guy in make-up. Would coming out 31 years ago made me a prettier gal today . . . not likely. Sure I wonder about all the fun I might have missed out on as a girl in the world at such a young age but then again I also think about all the fun I would have missed out on being a boy in the world.

We are a collection of our life experiences the vision (our looks) are superficial. I still had fun as a boy for 31 years as I probably would have had fun as a girl. However, in the end I am still me and when I look in the mirror I see me (an old guy in make-up) but that is okay as that is me.

Hugs

Isha

Coming out when I was young would not have made life better, it would have made it worse. Back when I was young, we where considered sick, and the cure was electric shock treatment, and negative reinforcement, none of which sounds like fun.
    It really wasn't all that long ago, that the medical profession decided we weren't sick after all, or at least that was what they said when they found out they couldn't cure us.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Need not fret about the things of "Would Haves", "Could Haves". If anything, use those thoughts to be the best today and tomorrow. Those feelings lend to the thought, you missed something. You have not. You've lived your life and because you lived your life, you are here to this point now... Take It! For beauty is in the eye of the beholder and when beauty comes from within, at any age, the eye will behold the elegance of beauty.

Of course, when you're over 50 like me, I admit, a bit more concealer is needed and the spanks don't hurt either! LOL

Honey, Be Strong, Be Beautiful, and most of Be Happy Today, don't wait for tomorrow.

Cassie

Yes getting old is inevitable I am starting to feel the effect at 45...I guess the only thing left to do is enjoy life the best we can

I'd bet that most GGs look around and see all of the youthful girls and long for those days, too. I'm not saying that they aren't or can't be happy where they are now in life. I'm just saying that most people, male or female, at some point in time, or at a lot of points in time, wish they were their same youthful, 20-something selves. You know, though, the one thing that an older person can honestly say is that they know what it feels like to be a youth. A youth cannot say what it feels like to be an older person. Therein lies the wisdom. Too much time spent on looking back is time lost looking forward.

Better? Who knows...but most likely different.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    If I had come out as a cross dresser when I was young and fair skinned would life now be better? I guess if I showed up for my pre-induction physical for the draft in a dress and heels I would not have been drafted, gone to Nam, humped the boonies, ended up with war injuries and the effects of toxic poisoning. Actually, I think being in the closet lead to a more fruitful and productive life, even with my tour in Nam. Society was not embracing cross dressers back then, or now! Frankly, society is more accepting of gays and lesbians than cross dressers.

For those of you who are young. Take a trip to the mall or commercial and financial center of your city and observe the men and women. Look in the mirror. There are too many sloppy overweight men and women out there who are going to look like crap at my age. Your genetics may play at part of who you become, but, you do not have to contribute to it. There are many decent looking men and women who are "aged, older, mature, whatever" out there. Don't wallow in the past, control your future. Darn, time to watch the playoffs.

Banned Read only
    Yep, no doubt about it. Back when I was a kid, if I had come out as a crossdresser, life would have been better. My dad would have disowned me, my mom would have put me in an insane asylum and my friends would have laughed and called me queer.

I think it's different for everybody. Where I'm from, everybody around me is very accepting of who I am. But I have friends whose parents may not have been as supportive.

But we all had our reasons for coming out/not coming out when we did. Whenever you felt comfortable coming out was right for you

Maybe, but you would have needed the breaks to do it.
    Prejudices were pretty thick years ago.
    Remember blacks used to have to ride in the back of the bus.
    I can hold conversations with those same people in the back of the bus these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.