Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proper Way To Cross Legs

Banned Read only
    Well, it would work to keep the operating temperature in check...

Aspiring Member
    I would have to loose 50 lbs. to cross my legs knee over knee.

Since I like knee length or slightly above the knee skirts, I will simply cross my ankles when seated.

Looking at the picture on the previous page, I cross my legs like the girl in the center - knee over knee and keep my legs together at all times.

My chiro says "always at the ankle"

Two things that help with knee over knee are to keep stretching out the muscles for short periods of time several times a week. That helps to make up for the differences in build (guy muscles and girl pelvis). Also, tuck the foot of your bottom leg as far back under your seat as feasible. I've found it creates less stress on the top leg. I was amazed at a recent conference where one of the GG speakers on stage crossed at the knees when she sat down and kept it that way for more than an hour. (OK, the legs were worth watching for that long). I would have cramped up after 15 minutes.

I think the is no single proper way to cross your legs. really depends on the situation, your outfit, mood, etc. Sometimes we might feel a bit flirty and break a rule or two...wink. But I also like to keep my legs close together without crossing. If you do cross, don't forget to point your toes for a graceful look!

When I was a young lad and in dude mode, I was able to sit like most guys did at the time with the ankle of one leg resting on the knee of the other and the lower part of the leg parallel to the ground. That put a lot of stress on my knee and very early on I opted for the more comfortable way of sitting with one knee over the other. So that’s the way I usually sit regardless of how I’m dressed. Although when wearing a skirt or dress I will sometimes have my legs together, turned to one side, and my ankles crossed. Oh, and I agree, great picture, Erica.

Wendy

I think it depends on the height of the chair you seating on and what make comfortable for you too. With tall seats I always cross at the ankle and if it's at my knee height I cross my leg at the knee. If it's really low seating position I slant my legs closed together.

When I was 15 and on the wrestling team (at 115 pounds...I miss those days), I sat on the bench one day in my unitard and crossed my legs at the knee. I was immediately chastised as not doing it like a guy, so I put my ankle up on my knee exposing my ...well if I had something to expose I would have been exposing it. That was the last time I ever sat that way. What I also used to be able to do was grapevine my lower legs.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I find if sitting at a table to eat I have to concentrate on knees together if wearing a short skirt or dress (they seem to drift)

I prefer right over left knee, it seems to be comfortable for longer, obviously carefully does it when switching to left over right (no Cupid Stunt in best possible taste moves)

Avoid deep soft couches at all cost (you can not get back up in a lady like manner)
    Carla xxx