Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lessons Reinforced Today

Doctors go through intern / residency at hospitals as part of their education. After a couple of Friday nights in the emergency room doctors and nurses are pretty hard to shock.

Claire, I’m not particularly hairy in the chest area, but a couple of years ago before I started removing my chest hair year-round, I had an EKG. The woman doing the prep actually seemed upset that I wasn't hairless and made a comment as if it was a bit revolting to her. She even made me remove the suction cups myself at the end of the test. I guess everyone will be a lot happier the next time a test is needed .

Wendy

It has always been a very big concern of mine also about what the doctor would find me wearing underneath when I underdress if I had an emergency. Being from a community where every body knows every one it would at least be embarrassing to be picked up by the ambulance crew and before they even reached the hospital have every one in town be saying " Can y'all believe he was wearing pink panties and panty hose"? So far I have been lucky like Wendy and have been able to get myself to the doctor but it has many times when I'm working and am underdressed crossed my mind. I'm lucky at my age that my leg hair is not too much a problem anymore but the clothing could be.

JustWendy - I am really glad that your knee will only need physical rehab. I had similar experience a few years back, slipping on the and going down hard. Unfortunately I tore my acl and lcl. Take care and be careful on the ice.
    Ellie
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Banned Read only
    A few years back I had the misfortune to need immediate medical attention,....spine issue, the ambulance arrived, and there's me on the floor in acute pain... painted toe nails and fingers, Basque, stockings , forms, etc, I was to much in pain to care , and seems that no one else cared, no neg comments or looks,.
    Last edited by steeve; 01-07-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Hi Wendy

“We have met the enemy . . . and he is us” Pogo. I don’t have to shave my legs very often, advancing years and Type II Diabetes has taken care of the fur that I used to have on my legs, now only a few wild hairs up around my knees. Ergo, my legs look shaved to anyone observing them.

I’ve worn toenail polish steadily now for over 2 ½ years. Been to the Doctor’s Office on numerous occasions, two surgeries, and a visit to the E.R. My Doctor complimented my polish color during one visit, so I now have an idea of what color she likes – Poppy Pink. My Doctor is in a Family Practice Module with I believe four other Doctor’s. The waiting area is never empty and when it is someone’s turn to see their Doctor a door will open and their name is announced and they get up and proceed through the door. When it is my turn the door opens and a Nurse, my Doctor’s Nurse, walks into the waiting area, looks around, and walks over to me, “Hi Mr. Last-Name come with me and I’ll take you back.” I don’t know why she comes and gets me, but maybe she likes my toenail polish. I don’t under-dress but this being Southern California I do wear sandals year round.

To date I’ve never received a negative comment and the few comments I have received for the most part have been compliments or a question or two asking what brand polish and what is the name of the color.
    Babs

I workout at a local gym and I have noticed that very many men not only shave their legs but they shave their entire bodies also. As far as I can tell none of them CD.

Banned Read only
    Hi Wendy, I a so sorry to hear about your injury. I hope the rehab goes well and fast.

I haven't had any body hair--head to toe--in years. Add to that, I go to a tanning salon regularly during the summer months (I know, I shouldn't be going to those places). So my legs, whether in male or female mode, are almost always tanned, slick, and shiny (I use moisturizer all over).

The only comments I've ever gotten is how nice my legs look. You need not worry about what a doctor thinks. As others have stated, they've pretty much seen it all--and had their hands on it.