Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had lots of dressing, dancing alone, pics, but may have hell to pay!

Had lots of dressing, dancing alone, pics, but may have hell to pay!

Well, during this bitter cold spell, I have been staying at my father's vacant house, and acres. My brother is out of town for a few weeks too, and weather too bad for my sister to come down. I had a ball, dressing up in many dresses, stepping out the door, and taking pics, before it got just too cold, and dancing around the kitchen new wood grain linoleum floor, loving the sound of my heels, and taking lots of photos. I thought, how much fun i had. Uh oh!! After all the fun, i notices hundreds of little heel pits in the new floor, i just did not notice while dressed! I had not noticed, that the little tips of my heels were gone!! Oh boy! I really blew it this time! I tried cleaning the floor really good, then waxing it. , Then took a hard rubber mallet, and tried to pound a little around them . Nothing! I tried putting some hot water on some of the indentations, and hitting with the mallet. No help. My only other idea is to buy a throw rug on the worst areas, and say nothing. If confronted, I plan on saying that I put short screws in the bottom of my winter snow boots, and simply forgot to take off my boots. Brain weary from the bitter cold. If my sister and brother found out it was me in heels, my dad would soon know, and i wish i had the money to move to a new location NOW! Or, i could say that i have a lady friend, who came over in heels, and we dances around the ktchen over and over. Trouble is, they know i don't have a girlfriend, and even more odd, that in the worst -15 degree temps, would come over, in icy, dangerous weather! Unless their eyesight is not so good, I will be confronted about all the high heels indentations. I had not noticed the tips of my heels had come off somewhere! Nuts![/I]

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    This would be a good time to lay your high dollar limit credit card on the counter and have the floor replaced. You might pay them extra to work on a weekend. You could rip up the old floor too conceal the nature of the damage and simply state that you destroyed the floor and the new floor.

Good Luck in Doing the Right Thing
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Had your fun, now it time to pay the piper. Sorry this is no way to come out to your family.

This is a hard one. Don't use the screws in the boot bottoms excuse. I would expect to see a lot of scratches too. I actually like the woman friend in heels approach. You are a man underneath with man needs. Who says a man cannot find someone to come over for the holidays to make you happy, even for a couple of hours when you are all alone and very lonely? They may still be upset, but inside may understand that you were at least satisfying a normal male need. One thing, do not offer a lot of details like where you may have found her, did it cost you anything and so on. If they keep on asking just keep telling them no more details. From there, you can figure out how to survive without a big bill for the repairs. Don't offer, nor acknowledge that you saw the damage before they got back. Act surprised and apologetic. They probably won't be happy, but they sure do NOT need to know that it was you in high heels! Good luck.

A;;ie, I do know one newly divorced lady from the 12 step group i used to attend. She lives about 20 miles away, and also has an older car. She is a strong woman,, but i may see if she would come over, however, in this below zero weather here. and all the snow, i doubt she would chance driving here at at night, since she works days. My brother would be most at my throat, as he is extremely against gays and dressers. He has always had a low opinion of me. The heel indentations are not extremely noticable, except at certain angles, and looks. The heels did not puncture the flooring. I hope to cover much of it with a nice kitchen throw rug. Sister's and brother's vision is not the best/ My dad is in a nursing home, won't be back. I may just tell them i had a lady over for dancing. In a way it is true, , my male side, and lady side did dance!

You need a heat gun on the linoleum to get the indentations out.
    The linoleum will need to be hot to the touch, try a little area first.
    Watch for the surface discoloring.
    Do not blister the linoleum tho'.

This time I do wish you luck.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Beverley had the best recommendation. I wouldn't make it more evident by putting a rug down. Call a linoleum company and ask what might work.

This same thing happened to me, too. Fortunately, in my case the linoleum was old and well worn so they didn't really show. If anyone noticed nothing was said.

Ciara

Beverley Sims, Thank you big time for your idea! I will try a heat gun or hair dryer. This floor is only a year or so old, so I had better not discolor or bubble it, or my a-- is gra--! I better try a very tiny area, and one indentation first. If it fails, I buya throw rug, because it is -17 degrees F, and the floor IS cold. after all. Thank you Beverley!!

Allie, no scratches, just heel pits. L Liz, great idea about calling a floor place and ask them!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-07-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: merged posts. Please use the edit button . Saves space :)

Vacant house? You can see little indentations if you look from an angle sometimes? I don't see any indentations. Who knows who the hell has been in here? In other words, maybe you could just forget it.

GOOGLE! How to remove stiletto heel dents in vinyl and lino flooring

Because vinyl and linoleom flooring is so soft, if someone wears stilettos on it, it can dent the surface, particularly when the room is heated. And because the ringed dents are usually ringed with black, they are quite noticeable on light colored flooring.

If your lino is dented, there is one thing you can do to try and fix the flooring. You need a hair dryer and plenty of patience. Simply wave the hair dryer over the spot and about a foot wide area around it. You want to not just heat the specific one inch spot, but the area around it.

When the flooring is heated, sometimes the floor becomes pliant enough that the rings will "release" from the fooring and go back to its original flat shape.

If this does not work - and it won't work on all floors - the floor will need to be replaced or you can use small strategically placed mats or carpets to try and hide the dents. A good scrubbing with bleach can help remove the ringed black marks from the floor to make it less noticeable.

http://youtu.be/fSGAzPEy4hw

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Hi Alice,

Well that's a bummer isn't it? Beverley had some good advice with the hair dryer. If you google "linoleum dent repair" you will find all sorts of advice as well as some youtube videos showing how to. Just be very careful with a hair dryer not to burn the linoleum, that would make matters worse. Do a test run in a closet floor area or somewhere out of normal sight to make sure you don't do more damage.

If you have time might be good to get a professional floor installer in to do the repair job if the cost is not too high.

Good luck honey.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Been there. Many years ago, I learned how much damage stilleto heels can do to a hard wood floor. Had to have floor sanded. Real linoleum is very forgiving and can be brought back with a bit of heat and time.

Good luck, Algoma
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Do what you can to try and fix it -- the heat gun is a good idea -- but then just ignore it and feign ignorance around your brother if he notices. All kinds of things could have damaged the floor. It is unlikely that high heels will be the first explanation to pop into his mind.

- Diane

If the hair dryer doesn't work you could try either one of those super steam cleaning things or alternatively, a steam iron on medium with a layer of greaseproof or baking paper between iron and floor.
    Not that anything like that has ever happened to me....
    Or you could say you were in receipt of a strippergram but it was the wrong address but you had to let her do her thing as you'd already signed for it...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Tell your brother that gays and dressers have a low opinion of him! Who cares what he thinks, just feign surprise and ignorance its not like he can prove it was you who did it.

Why do anything? If asked just look and say Hmmmm.....I don't know. And leave it at that.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

One thing, instead of dancing, you might have been exercising

Silver Member
    Sorry but "You must feel like such a heel." Pun intended, I had to!

The heat gun may work but it comes with a huge pricetag if you over heat the floor. A blowdryer is a safer route but still be cautious. The other idea of "I have no idea how that happen." is probably your next best beyond replacing the floor. That could be tough to pull off in a timely manner.

Been there, done tat, but on wooden floors. Time to bite the bullet once the subject comes up. And it will. Good luck.

YMMV
    I doubt anyone would think right away that it is a high heel imprint, it could just as likely be a small rock stuck in the soles of your shoe I suppose or anything else. Like another poster said if you have to look at it from a certain angle to see it it's probably not that big a deal. It's a floor, it's gonna get walked on and scuffed and such. If the damage is really noticeable offer to help them lay another floor, linoleum isn't that hard to install.
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J

Just move some furniture around a bit and be sure that they also mark the floor. Till them the bread box fell and hit the floor. I wouldn't admit a thing. They shouldn't ever guess it's heel marks unless they are already suspicious of what you do. Slide a table over the marks then push it back and tell em that you were cleaning with all the cold you had nothing else to do and was bored. And then there's always the truth but....... Nah tell em nothing. I don't know what happen and get the heck outa dodge.....

Stone caught in the tread of your shoe? As it's so cold I assume you wore boots/shoes with heavy treads when you went out and left them on because you were planning to go back out not realizing the stone was there.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Your best bet is to say nothing, take the "I have no idea route," and ignore any smart** remarks you get from them.

the advice here on this thread has become pretty much what a 3 year old would do. What happened to being adult and paying for your mistakes?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,