Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport Security

Airport Security

Anyone have any experience going through airport security (especially the x-ray machines where you put your hands up in the air) when your en drab but wearing a bra (wireless)? I love to wear one as much as I can especially travelling but, but, but, don't want to get into a difficult situation at airport security.

One of the things I heard it that their is a pink/blue button. One of the TSA agents will do a visual to see if you appear male or female, hence the pink/blue button. Seems that most females will have 'extra' stuff on that throws the scanners to detect mode like underwire bras, etc... So if you appear male and have some undergarments on they'll most likely want to pat you down.

I went through in drab mode with some undergarments and got a slight pat down. No issues, they just did the pat down and allowed me to proceed. I guess underwire bras on guys can't cause too much trouble.

Renne.....

Kaye,
    I need a wireless bra, where do you get them?

All joking aside, I think airport security is just about ready for anything these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't travel that much but I suspect they'd waste your time more than anything. They've probably seen it all in the larger airports.
    Last edited by DivineMissAmber; 01-07-2014 at 01:29 AM.

If you underdress, I'm sure you might get a pat down. But, what if you are fully dressed? What happens when they check your I.D. or passport? Always wondered

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...nder-travelers

As long as you use your real name and ID it should not be an issue
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 01-07-2014 at 06:30 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've been through TSA awhile underdress all I got was a pat down of the back (over bra clasp) and then asked what it was. I quietly said bra and all was ok, no other questions or looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole_ View Post
    If you underdress, I'm sure you might get a pat down. But, what if you are fully dressed? What happens when they check your I.D. or passport? Always wondered
    Nothing will happen. They will treat you with dignity, and respect. I actually think they treat you with MORE dignity than a cis gendered person. Nothing to sweat about.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I have been through a half dozen times fully dressed and equally partially dressed. I have never had any problems, nor will you. Travelling enfemme is very liberating, once you get past the initial anxiety the rest is worth it.
    I want to be this girl!

Banned Read only
    I travel outside the US many times each year. About half the time, I'm en femme. I've never been treated poorly or asked any strange questions. Only once was I "patted down," at that was for something that shouldn't have been in my pocket. TSA has been at it long enough now that they've seen many a CD/TG come through.

You never know when you're going to get an agent who has had or is having a bad day. You can't plan for that. You can only be nice. If your legal identification is in order, neither the US or other countries are likely to say anything to you. I wouldn't think that underdressing is any different.

I would like to know if security will accept man in total female clothes, but their passport definitely confirms they are male.

shouldnt be an issue at all. go for it!

I fly 4 to 6 times a month dressed and never had a problem. The most important thing is to make sure your official Id matches your ticket. This is especially important if you apply for TSA pre-screen clearance.

Don't say anything that can remotely be mis-construed as a security threat like saying Hi Jack to your friend named Jack or talk about BOM's, as in bill of materials. I know someone who was talking BOM's and was detained. He has a high level security clearance, but TSA doesn't know that.

I have been patted down a couple of times. One was for a side zipper on a blouse. Don't recall the issue the other times, but it is not a big deal. One time I flew en drab and had a two sets of breast forms in my bag which they wanted to check. They checked. Again not a big deal, nothing to get embarrassed about.

While waiting in line one of the TSA agents told the people in line to come to her scanner machine. I gave her the thumbs up. When I got there she asked me if I flew every Thursday. I usually fly out of her airport every other Thursday. She remembered me which really surprised me that she recalled me out of all the passengers she sees on a daily basis that she would remember me. Now she always waves to me as I pass through, even if I do not go through her line. I'll miss her if she takes a new job that she has lined up. I'll know this Thursday if I do not see her.

Like so many things..it is no big deal if you don't make it one.My ID pic matches me,so things go smoothly.If,you get singled out for a pat down...it only takes a few seconds and no one dies from it.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    On my last trip, both encounters with TSA were noteworthy. I didn't underdress although I had in the past without issue.

At McCarran (Las Vegas) the TSA agent (lady), smiled politely and said, "I have to check inside your carry-on because of the image."
    There on the display screen, clearly visible were my breast forms, bras and pumps. Along with a bag of chargers and adaptors.
    "It's the electronics, right?", I asked.
    "Sure enough, Hon. What show are you in?", she replied with a smile.
    "Well, actually, I work at ________ and I'm not part of the show."

At Ronald Reagan (Wash, DC) it was a little different.
    The TSA agent was polite but made a big time consuming ordeal out of testing my breast forms for explosives.
    I summoned a supervisor and suggested that rookies be relegated to other areas instead of wasting time on such nonsense.
    There was an apology and the employee was directed elsewhere.

When traveling, I've found it to be easier to get through TSA first and then change in a gender friendly restroom.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I had a huge issue with TSA, several years ago,
    All because of a medical device, CPAP machine, Certainly should not have been an issue
    I have never felt so embarrassed and degraded in my life.

I am sure rules have changed, (I would hope)
    But I made up my mind that TSA will never get another penny from my flying dollars.
    I drive, No problems at all.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Miriam
    This has been addressed many times in recent years, citing the TSA policy and experience reports (search and find reports about every other month). All these reports have helped me to understand and expect totally professional experience from the TSA personnel. Just follow the advice of those who've already spoken up on this thread and be honest about who you are.

Miriam

I also travel with a CPAP. There are specific rules about it on the TSA web site, like specifically, you;re supposed to take it out like your computer. Since the first few times no one asked me to, I started leavung it in. And then they asked me to take it out so they could inspect it. But they've seen enough of them to not care. I was referring to CPAPs, not CDs.

But CPAPs are classified as medical devices, and my doc saud they don't count against your bag limit. I would think that breast forms are arguable medical devices also. How would you like to be the TSA inspector who asks a GG about her breasr forms?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Timely if not to the point: Just returned to Palm Beach from Newark via Atlanta three hours late after watching my brother, age 92, go into the frozen ground --- at 10 degrees was happy to hear Taps' final note. I digress. On the final leg I was across the aisle from 3 gals, one seated in front of the next but clearly visible so that on the 1 1/2 hour journey I was able to watch all three. Oddly all three had pronounced male facial features --- low eyebrow bones, longish faces, top lip to nose etc.. Yet all three were under 5-7, slight builds and relatively small feet. Sure that at least one was wearing a wig as the long gray hair didn't seem to match the 50 year-old face. All three wore expensive fashionable clothes, jeans in darker shades, and outstanding jewelry. Strangely none wore much makeup --- brows a bit thicker than the norm without pencil, lipstick almost invisible and not much foundation. All seemed comfortable in their own skins. Conclusion: One, all three or none could have been male or transitioned OR I had just found a way to pass the time.
    Julie

I had to do a IT job at Perth airport about 12 months ago and forgot I had purple sparkly toenails. I never even thought I would have to go through the metal detectors (dumb blonde as I was then). Anyway I had to take my steel toe capped boots off and stand in line whilst the customer helped me get all my tools through the xray machine. I was standing there is drab with ladies knee high stockings and purple nails. I got some really perculiar looks but no one said anything. I think that was the most embasrrasing day Ive had...Ellie

I can confirm no issues with getting through TSA fully dressed with a male ID and ticket. The girl at the ticket counter had no issue other than my name was misspelled on the ticket (my traveling companion made a common typo) that was explained away and overlooked. ID check guy barely batted an eye (didn't even notice the typo) and I went through the back-scatter machine with out issue. Breast forms are indeed considered medical devices and you should not be asked to show them or take them off, demand to see a supervisor if they do. Print out the TSA guidelines for TG travelers in post #6 and have them handy. If they pull you aside for a pat-down, they will assign an agent based on your presented gender, not the one of your ID, as always, if you feel uncomfortable with a pat-down in public, ask for a private one...

Best thing about flying en femme, a purse is a personal item, not a carry-on, free extra bag!

LOL! I was thinking it would be SO funny if a CD or TS would buy a ticket in their female name, instead of the name on their government issued ID. LOL! It would like immediately be some issue that would take time to resolve.

I SO wanna fly while en femme! I think I will do that next time I fly.

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeElastique View Post
    LOL! I was thinking it would be SO funny if a CD or TS would buy a ticket in their female name, instead of the name on their government issued ID. .
    Funny if you enjoy Federal prison.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Funny if you enjoy Federal prison.
    More likely just never getting on the plane.

Recently moved to mid state Illinois; still travel a little
    GIGI,

In another life time, Roberta use to travel all over the world...then 911 happened and the travel industry changed (for the better in my opinion)....recently Roberta was traveling for business and was in complete under dressed mode…no particular reason…just because she felt like it and it feels nice….

Briefly this is what occurred:

This day, Roberta was wearing: A heavily boned high waist long leg panty girdle (Poirette 5780) with 6 steel garters in the legs. The choice of gartered stockings in lieu of panty hose was to allow for easier trips to the ladies room...especially when on the plane. Roberta went thru the security check points and yes, a similar occurrence....she went thru the full body scanner like you did and yes the scanner found the girdle's garters, zipper and waist boning and the longline bras's boning and back fastening hooks and eyes. Roberta was directed to a semi private area and the TSA person was a good looking African American female. Because the scanner found "objects" the TSA person said I needed hand frisked with a portable scanner...OK was my reply. the hand scanner found the garters, the zipper and the boning of the girdle and hooks and eves of the longline bra as metallic objects. The TSA agent asked if she could touch me to determine what these items were...sure was my reply. She lightly touched my thighs (girdle's garters...btw Roberta always uses metal garters), then lightly around my waist (girdles waist boning and bras waist boning) and then the bra's hooks and eyes. The result was a smile and a brief wink of the eye and the soft whisper: "very nice...you wear your shapewear well". Roberta was awe struck but managed a smile back....saying: "I need all the help I can get plus I sort of like the feeling" The TSA final comment: "I know what you mean...so do I…have a great flight".

And when traveling again, roberta decided that perhaps she could wait until she arrived at her destination or home again b4 dressing or underdressing....

Cheers,
    Roberta R.