Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From an older one

Martha, you have filled my heart with hope for the future and put a big smile on my face.

Long may you run.

Aspiring Member
    Thanks! And glad I was of some help!
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-05-2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

I can surely relate.I'll be 72 in a little over 60 days and a lot of your description fits me. Except I have hair and donned my first dress at 64. But age is only what you make it and I have never felt anything close to my age and absolutely refuse to allow it. Wishing you an early Happy Birthday and many more desses in the future.

Aspiring Member
    Yep. Donned my first dress at age 59. Was dressed as Charley's Aunt in a large 115" hoopskirt, with satin lace pantallettes, wig, bonnet, string purse and had a lot of fun.

You Have a great birthday too!

I am basically into costuming and create many characters. Now I have been developing more female characters since I did Charley's Aunt. It's a lot of fun.

But was never a CD in the past.

Silver Member
    Good for you, Martha. Do you think maybe you had the soul of a crossdresser and just never had the opportunity to discover yourself?

Have a great birthday. You are awesome.

Aspiring Member
    I don't think so but any thing is possible!
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-05-2014 at 06:57 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.

Someone commented about being the younin, I guess I am the baby, as I am only 52. All the beautiful ladies give me hope in my coming years.

Platinum Member
    For some reason your avi isn't visible at this moment, but I'll take your word for it. I do see a stark change when I get made up and don the wig...I often wonder if others see it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    Yes. In a wig and makeup I look 15 to 20 years younger. It's amazing!

Hi Martha! I am also 70 and when I am dressed en femme, I surely feel much younger, even though I try to dress and make-up appropriate for my age. I agree that, since we devote the time to applying makeup and dolling ourselves up, we tend to look and feel better as a female. (Maybe, if we had spent that much time & effort to our male persona, that would have looked better, too!) There's just something about wearing bras and frilly things that feels so feminine and really gets the juices flowing - those feelings, I think, are what make me strap on my bra every morning and get going. Sometimes I think that estrogen is now flowing where testosterone once did!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Good for u, Martha. I love your attitude!

I'm 70 also. I think I look my age.

However, Sherry is only about 17. She tries to look her age, too. What do u think?

14663.jpg

This was taken last year. Before "Cheerleader Nite" at a Tgirl club!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    You look absolutely great!

I wish I could look that good!

Good for you!

I will be 75 in a couple of months and still think that I can pass for 60 when fully dressed up.

Aspiring Member
    That's the way! Be positive! Think young!

Platinum Member
    Hi Martha, I'm 71 now and when I get all dressed with my big blonde wig It looks like I just lost 20yrs. too.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

going on 70 this month, and I find a more youthful looking me when dressed, but I'll have to give the credit to makeup on this old face, wig on this old bald head, and good foundation garments, just like most older women do. Oh, the no wrinkles I will have to credit DNA and over weight, us fat people just don't wrinkle that much, it's the skinny ones that don't have any fat tissues to fill all those wrinkles.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hey Martha, great attitude and yes being in 'Kaz' mode knocks many years off me! Maybe that is part of the appeal?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Aspiring Member
    I think that you are correct in that statement!

Aspiring Member
    Well, I will be 71 in about 24 days.

In skirts, wigs and makeup I look 15 to 20 years younger.

My birthday this year falls on Mardi Gras.

So, that is probably a good time to doll myself up and go to some parties.

Aspiring Member
    Well, just turned 71 22 days ago.

I still feel great! Still have a lot of go!

And still like short skirts!

Though for costume events, I love wearing large hoop skirts.
    Last edited by Martha G; 03-26-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Reality Check
    I too will be 71 in less than sixty days. I've always looked young for my age. It was a curse when I was eighteen but it's a blessing now. I'm amazed and saddened when I see some of my old friends on Facebook who are my age but look to me like old men. What really hurts is to realize how many of your friends from the old days have passed away.

I like to think I look younger as a female but it's impossible to really make that judgement myself. I would ask my wife but I'm a little afraid of what she might say. She might say I don't look like a woman and that would hurt.

I think age is in your mind as I surely don't feel as old as my age indicates. However, we are so lucky like you Martha to be able to slip into our fem modes and put makeup and a wig on with those other wonderful items we like to wear as women. Once all dolled up I too look 20 years younger and even told by a few I've been with even younger. It's such a compliment. I do try to take care of myself with exercise, proper eating and grooming but my fem side really helps me watch myself as I want to remain as pretty as I can be and I must say you are lovely. I do find at my age that a lot of younger men are attracted to me which again is a compliment and they have been fun to be with. However, I would like to find another gurlfriend like you who is my own age to share our fem sides, dress together and even become lovers if it's in the cards. Again, you look lovely!

Banned Read only
    Hi Martha,
    You've not tried the trick of of putting 1 before the 7 think of the short skirts you could wear then ! Congrats to your coming birthday but then you're a baby to CDing I've got nearly fifty years on you ! Even without makeup I feel younger but then how many GGs dress older ? I still have a lot of living to do, I didn't learn to ski till I was 55 I'll do that till I drop and maybe go scuba diving again, I'm wasting my PADI licence.
    I've always said that your twenties should last for twenty years, looks like your sixties should do the same, too much of a life to squeeze in !

Aspiring Member
    Hi Teresa

I believe like you. Your twenties should be your last twenty.

I work out, walk two and three miles, work in my garden hauling around 20 and 40 pound bags of mud.

Basically I am a non stop individuals.

That the way I tend to always be.

I always think young. Look at my short skirts!

Cheers!