Thread: Envy ?

Envy ?

Dose anyone else feel a little envious watching there teen daughters and there friends discovering and experimenting with there femininity, ie hair make up cloth high heels ect. ? I get so excited for them. But a little envious at the same time

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lexi,

Can't really comment as my daughter is 28 and not living at home. However, my wife does say that watching me experiment with make-up is like watching a teenage girl finding her femininity.

Hugs

Isha

They are learning to be pretty women.Many of us are happy about that because we've already experienced it. Not envious here, just happy for them.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm in the same situation as Isha as my with has equated Tina's educational timeline with that of a GG growing up and becoming socialized as a girl and then woman. There was never any jealousy but only intense curiosity.

Yes, quite envious. Protective as well, making sure they had the space and privacy to have fun. But that's just the price to be paid for being privy to such things- staying 'aloof' despite being interested. The absolute last thing I'd want to do is to make them feel self conscious in any way- I missed out on that growing up, and I'm damn sure not going to do anything that would interfere with their chance.

But hey, I get to play and experiment on my own for sure- probably more than most girls in fact- how many teens get to have prom dresses, cheerleading outfits, skate dresses, formal gowns and cocktail dresses, and even several bridal gowns? Even if they do have these, how often to they really get to wear them and dress up?

Reminds me of a friend here who told me of how one day she was shopping at an outlet mall near us en femme, and a group of 3 girls made somewhat snotty remark to her about crossdressing- she replied to them something to the effect of "Well at least when I go out i make an effort to look nice and dress decently, look at the way you are dressed: you have the advantage of youth and looks I don't and you dress like slobs." The girls shut up, turned red, and left the checkout line. The rest of the folks in line smiled and complimented my friend for being even tempered but not giving in or taking any guff.

I like the area we live in because of that: you can crossdress in public without much trouble, as long as you take pains to avoid calling undue attention to yourself. Kind of like what the queen might have said: "We are not impressed (sic)"

Aspiring Member
    Not my daughter but those beautiful women on the street, in the mall, etc - Yes, most definitely, I get very envious.
    SheriM

I think for many of us there is a general envy. And yes, I feel I missed out on being young and expressing femininity. I think it would have been so much fun.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I'm a little envious of their youth and the experiences that come with that but it is what it is and I really wouldn't want to be a teenager again. Once was enough! I can tell you from personal experience that going through hormonal puberty in ones 30s SUCKS!

nope. It never even occurred to me to be envious of my daughter

I believe that a girl maturing into a woman is a very complicated thing.There are so many path choices and pitfalls and future successes and possible failures..Makeup,clothes,hair are the easy part and don't guarantee a happy life in our competitive world for a woman,nor does depending on a man for completeness..Young women are faced with lots of double standards..I don't get envious,my thoughts are on guidance for my very accepting "tween" daughter as she is good to me.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I believe that the reference to the daughter was a reference, not daughter specific. ( I could be wrong)
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Well, I don't have a daughter, but I think the sentiment is the same with female friends and relatives. I have a sister, and growing up, I was always envious of her when she would try a new look, new makeup, a new hairstyle, etc. Same applies to my female friends and even my girlfriend from time to time. I think it's that freedom they have to express not only their femininity, but themselves and their personalities, that is missing in my male life.

Platinum Member
    No not at all.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes. As I get more and more in touch with my TGism I find myself a bit envious of young girls. I find myself thinking of all the things that I didn't get to experience. All of the feelings I had, but suppressed at the time.
    Prom. Makeup. Slumber parties. Body development.
    Nothing I can do about it but be happy that I at least came to grips with reality before it was too late.

Yes! OMG my friends, whom I visit a few times a month (usually en femme), have a teen daughter. She came through wonderful LBD the other night and ye gads! I SOoooo wish it would look that good on me! I commented it on the time to her mother and she had the same sentiment.

You where reading my mind.Last Sunday afternoon I was sitting outside Victorias Secrete as my wife was helping daughter pick up 2 new bras and some pretty panties.If it was just wife I would of been in to help her but just not right to help 15 yr old pick out cute
    thongs.And answering why daddy knows so much about fitting a new bra.
    Micayla

MY oldest granddaughter is 14 and I love to watch her experimenting trying to find her style. Last summer she was in my bedroom with my wife, I had left a top out and see saw it, and ask her grandmother if she could borrow it. She is in to over size tops. My wife said sure, I was shock when I came home and she was in one of my tops. When I ask my wife, she said don't leave your clothes ling around I ended up loosening that top to her. I do smile when I think about her wearing my clothes.

Teenagers are like us when we started out,
    Experimenting all the time.
    They have about as much dress sense too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I find myself being more envious of young crossdressers,than I am with young girls,with them I'm just happy they have fun just being young.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

yes envious to some degree. Not necessarily teenagers though.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Maybe I should clarify. I am very excited for them! And wouldn't ever want to take the experience away from them! Where the envy( if envy is even the right word to describe it ) would come in. Is just they way they can openly explore all these new things and are free to discover there femininity. And share with there friends ( we know how girls are lol). While for most of us cd's the experience was quite different. Were we had to do it all by our selfs in secret, only when opportunity presented it self. With no to share it with or to help guide us in the right direction. All the while 1/2 ashamed of what we were doing because society said it was wrong. It is a beautiful thing watching them go through it. And I thought it was the type of experience I thought a lot of us gurls would have liked to have.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I started wearing bras daily at eleven, except for a couple years 19-21, when I was trying to be a man. I've been doing my own make up and walking in heels since I was thirteen. I've developed pretty close to a woman my age, its helped me be comfortable in who I am.