Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What inspired you?

Untitled
    Well before I reached puberty, I watched a lot of old black-and-white movies on TV, including many film noir classics. A setting that was repeated again and again featured the female lead (Lana Turner, Joan Crawford, Rita Hayworth) wearing a long, white silken nightgown styled like a full slip. The lighting would always make it obvious that the gown was soft and slippery. From the first time I ever saw one of these, I wondered what it would be like to wear such a thing and to have my long hair brushing the tops of my bare shoulders. At the time, those kinds of thoughts were just fleeting musings, but a few years later I finally tried on my mother's lingerie to amazing effect. So, yes, maybe those long-gone Hollywood starlets were my inspiration.

Since I did not start until in my 60's I have no idea, but once I started it seemed the natural thing to do.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Sweaters.
    Pretty sweaters on the girls.
    So why not pretty sweaters on me?

Gone to live my life
    Can't say if it was inspiration or not but I do remember liking my sister's clothes more than mine and asking my mother why she got to wear pretty things and I could not.

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by geek View Post
    A mislabeled Xmas present when I was ten. It was a white dress that was meant for my stepsister. A couple nights later I nabbed it and tried it on in the middle of the night. I suppose essentially I began out of petty jealousy.
    LOL perfect - I would have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    I have no idea where the inspiration came from. Curiosity, at first, and then it was, oohhh , I LIKE THIS !
    with no idea why, and didn't care.
    About sums it up, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tina955 View Post
    My first inspiration came when I was 7, while a friend and I were playing around in my garage. Well I happened upon a little skirt with a stretch waist band. Immediately I wanted to try it on but my friend was there, so I came up with the idea we could take turns being the girl. So after I had it on for a bit, it was his turn. Well he had it on for about a minute then took it off and said he didn't want to do that anymore. For the life of me I can't remember what happened to that skirt after that. At about 10 I to this day don't know why, but I found myself in my parents room trying on moms girdles, bra's and stockings. I would take them out of her hamper as I thought that safer than her lingerie drawers. That went on a few times until one day mom came home early and I had to hide under her long hanging clothes on the closet til I had an opportunity to escape. Not sure if she saw me hiding or not. But never said a word. My teenage years, I was in awe of how the girls blossomed. Then marriage started a whole new obsession with women's clothes and luckily I fit into all my wife's clothes.

Tina
    Similar for me, playing in friend's basement when I was about 5, put on some boots and tights (maybe more, don't remember), but oh my did I like it. Slowly moved on to mom and sis's things over the years.