Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it about CDing and doctor visits?

What is it about CDing and doctor visits?

There are so many threads about this and I'm just trying to figure out why so forgive me for asking. I told my doctor in advance so there would be no surprises.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I think that it has to do with the stigmas that we have within our thinking. Our thinking gets formed by our culture, and we all know about what our culture thinks about anything that is different.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

it is the "I have to take off at least some of my clothes and my secret will be revealed" syndrome, like going to the gym, the pool, locker at work, my job as a stripper... .
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Marleena –
    There are still many of us who hide this side of ourselves from the world in general. For the most part we are in control of the extent to which we want to hide when we go out. The one place where we cede this control is when we require the help of a health care provider. It’s this potential (or actual) exposure that brings on the anxiety, especially when it is an unplanned visit. Fortunately, as I have found and as many have reinforced for me, they are health care professionals, with the emphasis on Professional.

Wendy

I get the accidental outing thing Wendy. If it had happened to me I'd just own it. It's the element of surprise for the doctor I don't get as it seems exciting for some.

Lol @ Lorileah...Sheesh!

Lorileah my job as a stripper.
    Now you got my attention miss Lorileah I knew you were hiding something. It's ok just private message me where and times you work.... I'm gonna start saving my dollar bills, heck might even throw in a ten for a lap dance..... Lol you are correct though about the NAKKID part not many things can hide when ya go to the doctors and have to strip down. Those dang little gowns don't look fashionable turned backwards either and its always a tell tale sign when you have to turn your head and cough. About the only thing makes me feel womanly is the erectile exam..... Ooooooo I quit that's bad..... Sorry

I understand why there may be odd feelings on the part of full-time dressers when it comes time to go to the doctor for the first time. Some doctors can be judgmental. What I don't understand in some of these threads is why guys who only underdress occasionally feel the need to underdress for a doctor visit. Is it just so the doctor will see? A touch of exhibitionism? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure that out. I have a followup appointment later this week, and it's simpler just to wear the boy underwear that I wear half the time anyway.

Aspiring Member
    I agree with Julia. Why not just avoid the stress and wear the tighty whiteys for a couple hours?

Although on my last doctor visit I was fully shaved for the first time in front of him.
    He nor the nurse ever batted an eye and I felt a bit "liberated" as it were.

I do not tell anyone as I assume that most people have the intelligence to work it out for themselves, if I was then asked about it I would be quite happy to say " I am TG so it is normal to me" .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by julia marie View Post
    What I don't understand in some of these threads is why guys who only underdress occasionally feel the need to underdress for a doctor visit. Is it just so the doctor will see? A touch of exhibitionism? .
    I don't know if any of us underdress just for a doctor visit (does anyone out there do this?). Like some (many?) of us, I don't have any male underwear, and I wear a bra most of the time. So it's no different for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I am still not out to my doctor so I play the game straight.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Are those who get "caught" by the doctor bragging or complaining?

Marleena, don't you remember how nerve wracking it was just before you ever told someone?
    Reine

@Reine. Yes I do remember hiding my gender issues from everybody including my doctor. That is why I don't get the excitement over showing the doctor painted toes or panties out of the blue. Is he the guinea pig for outing oneself or just a safe person to underdress around? If I was a doctor I'd be thinking WTF? lol.

Accidental outings due to health issues or accidents are different of course.

When I first saw my new GP I asked her flat out if it was okay that I was trans and seeking HRT in the future.
    She has no problem with it but ironically I wear whatever underwear I have that's free of holes so it never really occurred to me to worry.

The thing is,for those that are excited by the prospect of shocking the doc,is this...It is a MEDICAL doctor,and you are there for medical reasons. Time is limited,and your hobby is no more impressive than fishing,hunting,playing golf,etc..Why should he care about your pink panties and your also pink toenails?
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Are those who get "caught" by the doctor bragging or complaining?
    It seems they prepare to get caught Laura.

when my doctor asked me If I was gay and why shaved my body it was more about health issues in general

I must have missed the threads about getting excited over getting caught by the doctor.

... but, I guess we do have a group of people here for whom it is more of a fetish. There is a very wide spectrum. Hopefully all members here are respectful of each other's motives.
    Reine

Thanks Reine, I'm just trying to understand the motives. Like I said I just told mine so he knew what to expect from me. I guess maybe I was too modest or chicken to spring it on him out of the blue. Like most have said it's not a big deal anyways, I guess.

Same as getting dressed and going to Walmart I guess.

Platinum Member
    I do suspect that there's a measure of exhibitionism involved for some. I would feel uncomfortable if my doc thought hat was my motivation!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by julia marie View Post
    I understand why there may be odd feelings on the part of full-time dressers when it comes time to go to the doctor for the first time. Some doctors can be judgmental. What I don't understand in some of these threads is why guys who only underdress occasionally feel the need to underdress for a doctor visit. Is it just so the doctor will see? A touch of exhibitionism? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure that out. I have a followup appointment later this week, and it's simpler just to wear the boy underwear that I wear half the time anyway.
    I don't own any mens underwear and haven't is 13ish years, I also have worn a bra everyday for almost 2 years. Why alter my everyday routine just because I am seeing my Dr? If he is a pro (mine is) he won't care, if he is not, its time ti find another Dr. Another possibility for some is that there is Dr. Patient confidentiality so they don't have to worry about being outed.

I go to the doctor a lot and I usually just wear some plain white bikini panties. I don't want to embarrass her and I am not there to impress her or myself, she is a good doctor and we get along just fine the way it is.

Banned Read only
    An easy guess is that for the ones who will never leave their closet, it's an easy way to tell at least ONE person who "can be trusted" not to spill the beans.

The bigger question is why someone would think a doctor or anyone else on the street would CARE what underwear others choose to wear. They are called underwear for a reason.