Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why are you here?

I'm Here 'cause there was no one There...lol.

Basically I came to learn how others felt and stayed because of how similar we all are at the base of things.
    It's nice to share thoughts, tips and ideas with others and not be constantly criticized because of what we do. I find I really love to share the things I've learned over my lifetime of dressing with others and truly enjoy hearing their experiences.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Kate. this is a very good question and many of the replies seem to be spot on. I have been dressing most of my life but stayed deep in the closet because my two spouses disapproved. When wife #2 passed away I had the opportunity to come out and be myself, and I was looking for people like myself to gain information from. I googled crossdressers and this forum came to the top of the list. I lurked for about a week reading many of the threads and came to realize that the world was full of people like me.

After I joined, I started posting threads about myself, asking questions and learning answers. I also met another Wisconsin girl whom I met and we have become best friends. She helped me come out and gave valuable advice about maintaining self confidence. This forum has become a mainstay of my daily activities. I'm glad my google search brought this forum to the top of the crossdressers list.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

i was looking for somewhere I could get answers and support. I am a newie to crossdressing, only in the next couple of years I started to express myself. Altho I am a senior citizen I never really could crossdress except Halloween because spouses. I find the answers to the threads helpful and glad I found this site

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Originally I came here to widen my horizons,and find out from others their experiences with crossdressing,and as I'm always learning,to see if I could improve myself.Actually tonight is the first time I've been here in well over a year,as I'm active on FB as Sophie much more where I'm friends with a few girls I first talked to here,but being back I'm still finding interesting threads to comment on,might pop in a little more regularly again

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Sleeping in Seattle serena_mcd_wa's Avatar
    Same for me as many. Support, meeting new friends, and learning about new things and techniques to better myself.

When I first joined I needed answers to many things!
    Now I'm still here because just like my bra I need the support!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I joined for 3 reasons...to interact with likeminded gurls, possibly meet some likeminded girls , and learn a few things along the way. This is a great place to ask a question and learn from other peoples experiences

I was looking for information on how to make cleavage and self adhesive breasts

And thought would hang around a bit longer
    Carla xxx

When I found this site I was alone, scared and in pain. You all have made my life livable. Some day I will kick open the closet door. Until then I come here dailly for mental support.
    Love KristyE

Welll..most has been covered by others.
    Underdressing ensued last fall in full force. Outfits bought, felt great to try.. but wanted to do things right with it.
    And I started digging further into CDing from a technical standpoint. Searches found a few deadish forums.
    But lo and behold; crossdressers.com's tucking thread sticky was discovered.
    And I read about others' experiences here. And that I wasn't _too_ crazy to be enjoying it.
    A bit later on Kacey was 'born' when I registered.

Ultimately, I stay here for the information, and wisdom. And yes to feel like I'm not the only one.
    It's been a fast process (as I'm single,not much socializing,etc). But I've probably been feeling more
    balanced in some ways than I have in awhile since a long time. While I'd love to get out to meet
    other CD folk sometime, this forum provides the information, and matching experiences/fears
    helps me feel not so alone.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Every once in a while a real gem appears here. I look for those and try to contribute one or two.

Safety, strength, acceptance, and "normalcy" in numbers...in a shared, ongoing and evolving narrative.

Folks like you Kate, and Frederique, and KimberlyTX, and so many others who put it out there and blaze a trail...thank you to all.

And here, I get to be this part of me and stretch out my sense of home.

Kate

I have to agree with you Kate. It's refreshing coming on here, just like going home.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

1st and foremost, it is to keep my marriage strong and intact. Learning how to navigate a marriage with being a CD. I also find it comforting to be able to express my opinions, and simply to talk about it with those who are also CDers. This past year has had many rough spots, but I am making strides in accepting myself and being generally more comfortable just being me.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Acceptance and support. Sometimes I feel like everyone dislikes crossdressers except crossdressers ao its nice to be able to share in a supportive community.

Oh and being able so see so many gorgeous girls in one place is a benefit.

Untitled
    The first CD forum I was on was very cliquey, many a time a question went unanswered because you were not part of the scene. This forum is more cosmopolitan.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I am here because I enjoy the company of like minded individuals. I had almost always enjoyed wearing lingerie but when I bought my first outfit I couldn't rationalize why I enjoyed it. I came here because of all the support and advice. For a long time I felt all alone and couldn't talk because this is considered taboo by most, but here I felt welcomed and could get a hold of my feelings and ask questions and get them answered by someone who was there before.

I'm here for the support, friendship and advice of people who can identify with this part of me. I'm here to be reassured that I'm not alone.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    For the interactivity, positive or negative, that a chat board provides.

Like I say at group, "To support and find support."

I come here mainly for support and knowing I'm not the only one. I like reading posts and occasionally writing one. Also to see what thought provoking subject Kate Simmons has come up with today! Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I am here because of the lovely, friendly and helpful girls that reside at this address. It is my outlet from a closeted world that some of us live in. Thank you all for your continued support provided through all your posts and replies. Requal Jo.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I have to split my answer into two sections:

I initially joined in the first 48 hours of discovering Tina. I knew absolutely nothing. I joined every site I could find in order to garner information.

I stayed because not only did this site provide a wealth of information, it also provided perspective. ..perspective of real people in real-life situations. When all is said and done, there seems to be no substitute for looking at one's self through an array of lenses and experiences. The wonderful people who contribute to this forum treat it like a family talking around the diningroom table after a wonderful meal. It's not that we all agree (what family ever does) but the sincere from the heart postings help me with Tina and making a life for her.

Tina grew up with this forum!

I originally found this site looking for tips to improve my dressing skills. But found much more!
    I found the knowledge I was looking for , found I had knowledge to share as well, I found there are tons of people out there like me , I found friends and community. And now that my situation dose not allow me to dress, this site and you girls keep me connected to my fem side , and prevent me from going stir crazy