Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are you here?

Why are you here?

Folks join the Forum for various reasons no doubt hoping that they will learn something in connection with CDing and to see what others are going through and to share their own experiences. I joined years ago at the suggestion of my friend Karren. This was after I had done a search on drag queens and curiously this site came up and a question posed by Karren about what to do about lines on the forehead caused by wearing wigs. I had solved this problem some time ago, so shared my solution. I then investigated the Forum to see what it was all about and made a member request in a matter of minutes. The rest is history.

I had already resolved my dressing long before I had joined and was comfortable being who I was. I mostly stayed here to see what issues others were having in connection with CDing and share my experiences if I felt they may help. In the process I have gained many friends here over the years. The other thing is that I never take myself that seriously and always manage to find humor in it all.At this point in my life there is not too much that they can do to me anyway. I'm dead serious when it comes to friendships though and extend myself whenever possible. I feel we should make the most of whoever we are as a person and enjoy it. The person we are inside is the one that really counts, appearance notwithstanding. Why are you here?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I'm here 'cause I found y'all here. And I gots a lot in common with y'all
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I am here because there was a time i felt like the only person in the world who liked to dress. I have read so many post that really hit home. I feel like one of the gurls here with people like me.

for more information and friend ship
    Last edited by Violet-13; 01-09-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    ...a question posed by Karren about what to do about lines on the forehead caused by wearing wigs.
    I'll answer the topic question, but first, I had the same concerns about the forehead lines caused by a wig. My solution was to wear a baseball-type hat after de-femming, if I had to be seen. That way, if I removed the hat, the lines were easily explained (dang, this hat is tight!)

I dealt with my desire to crossdress and my associated fetishes ALONE for a very long time. From reading all I could, usually in psychology books or Penthouse Forum, I knew there were others, but I still had nobody to talk to, and I concluded I was either a mental case or a pervert. My first conversations with other CDers were on AOL crossdresser chat rooms (10+ years ago). I landed here five years ago.
    Now I know I'm not either a mental case or a pervert. I'm both. haha
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 01-09-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: corr

I'm here for the knowledge and information that is shared, not that I always agree with everything that is posted. Also for the support that comes from knowing that I'm not the only person like this.

I greatly value all of my friends here including the ones who don't always agree with me because I know one size doesn't fit all. BTW, my solution for the wig crease problem was to cut down a panty liner to put under it. It's thin enough not to stick out but also minimize any impression left on the skin.

Kate,
    I stay here hoping that one day I can disagree with you on some subject.
    Meantime I will just stay and enjoy what I am doing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That would be cool Bev. We could agree to disagree.

birds of a feather....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I guess there are a lot of reasons. I do feel a sisterhood, as we all seem to have a lot in common. I also feel that this is a group of very nice people. It is so nice to read about all good (successful??) outings.
    There is one thing I don't like about this site. After you read a few posts by someone, you start to feel like you're getting know them. In a couple cases there has been a posting about an unfortunate event in their life, and then they disappear, and I feel bad that I can't contact them, offer any encouragement, nor help out.
    Stephanie

While I don't recall exactly how I tripped into these pages, writing for me has always been a cathartic experience. I've been around the block a time or two having taken very natural steps into the outside world at a rather young age without the assistance of any outside influences such as the internet so I hope I have shared some helpful hints over the years.

Ever since I made a decision to accept my path and live rather than cope, I find the need to write to be less and less. Yet I recently tried to get back into writing mode by crafting a series of musings on style and given their fate, I guess less is really more. It was fun while it lasted.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Because I felt the need to open the closet door a little and talk about it and this seemed like a safe place with lots of active members. I learned a lot about myself and trans stuff in general in the process and I still do.

That's a really good question, made me think emotionally for a minute. I'm here because "Annie" gets to communicate and interact with others as "Annie. I so enjoy getting to express and share my natural female self and ideas in freedom with others, and others like me. There's much more female inside me than I originally thought. Thank you. I love Y'all. (as you get from my comment, Annie is still a secret to anyone else in my life).

. . and on the wig lines. Never thought about that, How long does it normally take those marks to naturally dissipate? A few hours?

Banned Read only
    To help the Newbies mostly. Or anyone else with an open mind.

And of course all those folks who keep asking WHY.

Additionally, all who water here, who feel shame and/or guilt for something they have ZERO control over.

Lastly, to dispel all these common Forum MYTHS that could easily get Newbies into hot water.

Banned Read only
    I'm also here for the friendship, support and advice but most of all for this being the first place to announce that magical little pill that will transform me into what I really want to look like.

just felt the need to see how others are feeling with a similar interest of crossdressing from time to time.

Platinum Member
    I sought this site out for information, mostly practical, how to information. I also gained some unexpected insights that helped me get past some mental obstacles, like I'm too physically masculine to dress like a woman, or just too ugly. But most importantly, I received inspiration from the accomplishments of others here...something I'd never imagined occurred as a result. I escaped my closet and stepped out into that big ol world!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm at that stage where I'm trying to figure out who and what I am. Plus, its nice being able to talk about this stuff with others. My girlfriend has been amazingly supportive, but she's just one person. Here I can get a lot more feedback and information from other people going through the same things as myself. Plus she can get the information she needs as well. So it's win win. Who knows, maybe I have something to offer others.

Why am I here? One word. Comradery.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I came here at first to be open an honest as to who I am and to be comfortable with my dressing even with my Christian faith. I know many here have had a bad time with those who have faith especially in their own family. The longer I've been here the more I've learned about the girls here and how many of you have been so helpful in my own journey as a CD and it's been wonderful. I am now more comfortable than I've ever been about being a CD

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I like many found this site looking for answers to all the questions I had.
    Found many sites that were geared more towards the kinky sex fetish side and that was just not me and I felt really out of place.
    Found this site and read a few threads and said "this is the place for me" and have been here ever since.
    Made some great friends here over the years and even have met some in person along the way.
    The information here is honest and not colored with that horse manure some sites contain.
    Karren Hutton stood out to me to be open honest (brutally at times) person that had such a great sense of humor, her comments rang true for me.She felt like I did and was of a kindred spirit.
    CD.com is a blessing in my life and I am glad it is here for all to use and enjoy.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I need to know that I am not alone, that I am not the only one who has this panache. At times I can get down on myself and I need something to lift me up and make me feel that I can succeed regardless of my habits. I can tell myself it's only clothes, and so does my wife, but it is nice to hear it from another source who is also sitting in the same boat. As the expression goes, "Birds of a feather, flock together". We all need to be with someone of the same kind at times.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Now I know I'm not either a mental case or a pervert. I'm both. haha
    I believe myself and probably many others are with Nicole on this - and my initial motives were the same but it's taken me longer to get to verbalising my thoughts and CD.com seemed to offer a place to do this safely. I'd echo many of the previous comments (so I won't repeat them...) but the strongest feeling I have now is that this is a safe way to share, be supported, support and interact.
    Thank goodness I found this forum when I did - I might otherwise be telling everyone on facebook or LinkedIn
    Oh, and I can blather on (and sometimes be useful) and be an exhibitionist and post pictures AND it makes me feel better about myself.
    Love and Hugs, Gurls...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I enjoy the feeling of crossdressing and can not get out and need the knowledge that I'm not the only one in the world with those feelings. I enjoy the interaction with the other Gurls. Hopefuly some day I will have opertunity to venture out.