Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are you here?

There had been a prior cd message board that I had joined in 2000. I was active on it before it dissolved in around 2005 or so. At that time members were referring to this MB and I lurked for a while, then joined.

Jodi

I'm here for a number of reasons. It's fun to talk about cross-dressing. I've received some valuable makeup and presentation tips. But mostly, it's about feeling part of a community. That's the same reason I go to a local CD social group---to be part of a community.

I think I was referred here, then I lost the keys to the car and couldn't leave.

I stayed because I liked the discussions and for the free lunches
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I began crossdressing again last year after a long time without, and decided I need to learn more about myself -- so I did a search and found this forum. I was glad to see that there are many like me here, in the closet and not transitioning or on hormones. Reading here is a validation and posting here is an outlet for feelings I can't express elsewhere.
    Last edited by Laura Collette; 01-09-2014 at 01:18 PM.

I love to hear the comments from our other sisters, they give us a lot of good advice on makeup and proper choices of clothing. They also give some good advice on safety issues when travelling outside.

I joined here 9 yrs ago I had a good friend that was a cder was looking for info to help her. ( I also had an ex that was a cder)
    Met alot of friends and stayed here THEN met Sherlyn here dated then married.
    So that is how I came here......and why I am still here.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Since im pretty new to this (first wig last year) im here to get information from others and to learn about myself. Oh yeah its fun as well.
    Last edited by Talisker; 01-09-2014 at 12:57 PM.

wow annieMac,you have gorgeous eyes,browa,lashes,the whole package,how I'd love to learn how to do that,i'm guessing the rest of you is as gorgeous as your eyes are,i'm here to learn,observe and hopefully chat to other gurls on here and to thank whoever allowed me to join this group a big thank you,substeftv

Because the people that are here understand me and I understand them.

I came here as I wanted (or needed) a place where I could openly admit and talk about all aspects of crossdressing.

Hi everyone... I'm new to the forums and the reason I'm here is to make new friends and hopefully find the encouragement and strength to allow my femme side to become a bigger part of my life.

I just showed up for the free food.

Still looking.
    Live and let dress.

Aspiring Member
    Here to find answers and to confirm or validate...Hopefully also to find freinds...Share real life xperiences, and the blessings and curses of it all...support to know I am not alone...

Why am I here......cos Tamara won't let me leave
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

A few things, information, affirmation, and a place to vent my crossdressing thoughts.

As well as and most importantly, the people, I've said it before and I'll say it many more times. You all are great. Many of you have helped me immensely.

A good question , I originally joined because it seemed like a safe idea to join a forum that was not very local I had originally started to join a local one but they wanted more from me than I wanted to give at that time and I had to use a library computer that would not let me send messages to a CD site so I stuck with this one
    I do not know what I was really looking for but thought it could not do to much harm by being here ( well harm to myself ,I do not know about harm to you lot of lovely people) I will admit that at first I thought it was quite a simple thing that it was just about wearing different clothes so there would not be much for me to learn about myself , how wrong was I , being here has showed me that for myself it runs much deeper than that and in fact it has less to do with the clothes and more with what is inside of me , the clothes are secondary not the priority.
    Why am I still her , I enjoy it so you lot are stuck with me and Admin has been kind enough to let me on here ( so blame them ) and don't PM Admin as a certain one might have angelic looks but a blooming hard bite , now I am going off topic so I had better close .
    Last edited by Joanne f; 01-10-2014 at 03:25 AM. Reason: left some Ts out on stuck lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I'm here to know that I am not alone. That there is nothing wrong with me. That there is a deeper meaning to why I am who I am. As opposed to technical forums I belong to, in an emotional(???) forum, there is no right or wrong. This is the year I start my journey with all of you....

Joni

Banned Read only
    I was on a fishing trip, the boat hit a hidden rock and sunk the boat. When I finally swam ashore I thought the sign said Gilligan's Island. That's my story and I am sticking to it!

It's nice to know that the Forum provides a fairly safe haven for some we would otherwise not hear from. I love reading about everyone's thoughts and feelings on things.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Because it felt wonderfull knowing I wasn't alone.

Ok serious answer now.

I like being here, I like trying to help others and will offer advise to anyone, then it's up to them to take it or leave it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

At the start it was an attempt to answer 'why'. The freedom to share stories and read other real experiences allowed me to see that I was not alone and I stuck with this site because it was the only one that was respectable even though its a bit too far on the controlling side. I never exactly answered why, but I now just enjoy reading about other people's experiences. By interacting with others anonymously and not having to be committed to local group at a specific time or location allows for a pretty safe way to learn about yourself.
    Chickie

I came her because I was burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night. I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque!

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Like so many; trying to answer the questions about my unusual behavior, crossdressing. Then finding so many really wonderful friends who have journeyed the same paths as myself and the feeling of belonging to a very special group of people.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    NicoleScott and Zylia basically covered all the bases for me.

Almost two years ago, I was feeling isolated and entering a period of change from fetish dressing to pure crossdressing (does such a state exist ) and this was when I started surfing for like minds and happened upon this site. I'm active...ish on another UK site but 90 plus percent of my forum time is spent here.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk