Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underdressing tips

Underdressing tips

Greetings everyone. I wanted to ask for some advice regarding discreet under dressing. As many of you already know, women's underwear shows through clothes. Bras leave bra lines, and every once in a while, panties like to peek out. My primary concern is bra lines. I would like to start wearing my sports bras more often, but I don't want to broadcast I'm wearing one, ya know? I work in a business casual environment where polos and slacks are the expected male attire, and shirts must be tucked in. The tucking in solves most of the panty worries, but broadcasts bra lines. Is it futile to even try?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Personally, I wouldn't wear a bra unless I was looking to be outed.

A mate (that's a friend by the way, before we get any loose comments ) was joking around about how crap I was at my job. Shortly after, he placed his hand on my shoulder to give me a physical, no offence intended, shoulder rub.

If you're not worried about such an event, go for it. Just not for me, that's all.

By the way, I'm brill at my job so no offence is ever taken anyway. I just have to have the doorways widened to fit my head through.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Have you tried wearing an undershirt? Sometimes a darker shades or even white can hide bra lines. Tank tops can also help with this as well because the straps of the tank top line up with bra straps. I normally wear a dark blue tank top under a shirt that can be seen through and I have yet to run into any problems what-so-ever.

I find, that dark shirt, the bra line don't show up as much. sport bras, if there T back with a dark shirt is a good combo.

The straps and adjusters are what can give a bra away.

What about a camisole? Still femme, but actually made to wear invisibly under clothes.

Also, with many men wearing spandex Under Armour tanks for undershirts it is impossible to tell the difference.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I'll definitely take it into consideration. On that note, are there any specific bra types that hide better than others? I've heard "ahh bras" hide rather well.

@Rebecca: yeah. A coworker did something similar at one of my old jobs. I don't know if she noticed or not. Definitely something to take into consideration.

As Annaliese said - a "T"-back w/front closure. Drops the bulk of the back between your shoulder blades and no rear clasp to see. I wear one quite often especially under mid-dark tone tops/shirts. Uncomfortable? wear a racer-back tank top over it

Gold Member
    I found that a shirt with designs or shapes on it draws less attention to bra lines.
    But nothing can conceal the "pat on the back".
    Rader

I wear an underarmor compression tank over my bra. You really can't see it. But the other day, when I was hugging my neighbour I clearly felt her bra and she must have felt mine. She didn't seem to notice. My bra is a Leonisa posture correcting bra, which is just awesome at giving me decent posture. So I would suggest that if anybody comments just look at them and tell them you are wearing a posture correcting brace. Of course you better have good posture!

Panties can and will peek. Bra lines can show depending on what you are wearing.
    I used to get all worked up over it, now it doesn't bother me as I don't own any men's underwear, I only wear a bra if dressing.

Bralettes are also a good way to go. Not a lot of buckles and straps can be very subtle. I have one from VS that I love. First well and is very discreet.

Is the thrill in actually wearing it,or the thrill of the risk you may get "caught"?? Please enlighten me..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why would you want to underdress at work? If you know they won't approve why risk your job?
    Sounds like you like the thought or thrill of getting caught.
    Pretty common fantasy so you are not crazy.

My job isn't at risk. They can't discriminate against me for it, given labor laws and all that. However, I don't want to broadcast I'm doing it either. The reason I want to underdress at work is the same reason I'd underdress at the super market. Dressing in female clothes gives me a feeling of satisfaction, of being more complete and in tune with the female half of my gender identity. The only place I go all out is in my apartment when no one is around. But after a while, an apartment can feel like a prison, ya know? Since I spend 40 hours of my week at work, it takes up the majority of my time. So of course, I want to do all I can to stay in sync with both of my identities.

@Rogina: "Thrill" is an interesting way of putting it. If by thrill you mean the sense of satisfaction I get from wearing it, because I feel more complete and a lot more in tune with the female half of my identity, then I guess the thrill comes from wearing it in the first place. If by thrill you mean sexual arousal or excitement in general, then neither give me that. I'm in no hurry to out myself anytime soon, because I believe there would be some significant fallout amongst some close friends and family. That's why I want to remain discrete.

@Devida: Thanks for the advice. I'm currently going through physical therapy at the moment for neck and back problems and it's common knowledge amongst my co-workers. Telling them it's a posture correcting brace would be a convincing story. I just might go with that.

@Felicia: I've tried wearing some of my normal shirts underneath, but it didn't help much. I might try a tanktop given how many people have suggested them.

@Jennifer and Annaliese: I actually have a bra just like that. It was my first in fact, and only one of two to survive the purge.

@Eryn: I hadn't thought of a cami. I'd have to find one I like though.

@Rader: Yeah, I noticed that people get extra touchy-feely when I wear a bra, even when covered by a coat or a sweatshirt. I think it's because they're trying to discreetly confirm their suspicions. :\ Still, if I can find a patterned shirt that is work appropriate, it might be a good way to go when combined with some of these other methods.

@Saikotsu: oh wait, that's me, I don't need to reply to myself.
    Last edited by Saikotsu; 01-09-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Silver Member
    Let's be serious, if you wear fem stuff to work you may be caught. Panties, I've worn them everyday for about 50 years. Yes people have noticed. Panty lines are less noticeable today than in the past. Pretty easy to wear panties.

Bras, If you wear them you will be caught. Some people will not out you, Others, well... . I don't care what you do I've sat in the back of many a meeting checking bra lines on women. Could tell the style often without having to researching the wearer.
    Camisoles may not standout but women know the lines and feeling.

There's always a risk of getting caught, I know. In fact, I'm sure some people have realized it already, including some of the ones I try to hide it from.

When I wear thongs under my jeans or shorts, I do show a nice rounded bum.
    At other times I look like a bum.
    A bum never wears a bra though.
    He might get unwanted attention.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have one bra that I can wear with a dark T shirt and unless someone puts their hand on my sholder they would not know. I wear boyshort panties or a thong, only the thong could show, if people are looking.

I love the winter time around here for underdressing. When I wear a bra I usually wear a woman's white tee shirt and then a thick patterned sweater. Very hard to detect a bra under all that. I always try to keep my back out of anyone's line of sight. And finally most people don't go around looking for a man's bra lines. Wear a bra that is flat with no thick 'adjusters'.

A few years ago during the summer as I was riding my bicycle a car load of teenage girls drove by me and one of them yelled out "hey mister! Nice panties". So be careful also when wearing those.

Do you (did you worry) about someone seeing your male underwear? If you dress properly no one will see it, if you dress so that it "peeks", you need to get new clothes that fit.

You don't want to get caught? Don't do it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

In my mind wearing a bra to work is just asking to be discovered. It's too easily detected by a stray pat on the back, a hand on the shoulder and such which are things that lots of guys do casually in the "bro" world.
    As for panties, I've never had an issue with them "peeking out" and for other items showing through clothing...well, that's again asking for detection.
    If I'm not fully dressed I'm only wearing panties under male clothes.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Forgetting bras for the moment, panties are somewhat more manageable. I've worn them every day for years under jeans. One thing that has to be considered is the rear view when you bend over. The jeans don't have to be low-rise to show off your undies if you wear the wrong jeans or panties! I usually wear Levi's 505 or Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda unembellished jeans in male mode and find that I must wear a belt with the Levi's or risk showing off my hipster panties. With the Amandas, the waist is a bit higher and I can go beltless. If I wore higher-waisted panties I'd have to take more precautions, just as a modest GG would.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    You don't want to get caught? Don't do it
    I think Lorileah has it spot on here - I'll say what I've said before, that not everyone is easy going about what we/ some of us/ want to do . What might seem to you a minor indiscretion could jeopardise a job, a career, or worse... You have to be sure that even that most unlikely of accidents would be worth it...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I see. All of this has been good advice, and I appreciate all of it. I must admit, I'm a bit troubled by how many people have spoken out against doing it altogether, especially since you've all brought up such good points.

I wear panties, ladies jeans, tights in the winter and camies every day for work . The jeans are dress jeans not blue jean with all the embroidering.