Thread: Has your dog ever paid you a complement.

Banned Read only

Has your dog ever paid you a complement.

I have a soft spot for black Labradors, I've had three now, they don't mind CDing except " En femme means no ball games". My previous dog then saw me fully dressed makeup and wig for the first time and backed off barking like mad!. When she finally settled down and I gave such a hug and said," Well Molly if I can fool you I can fool anybody!". A doggy complement!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    My cats recognise me regardless, but I think they think, I look like a dog!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Did that to my dog once and she was unsure at first, but got used to me pretty quick. She actually was more friendly and did a lot of licking, sniffing etc...like when she met a new friend.
    Chickie

yes,
    since being married we have had 3 different dogs, lab mixes, and at present we believe a pure black lab we found from someone on CL that was overwhelmed with him as a pup.
    anytime i had time to be mikell and they would wander into the office or heard the heels clicking on the floor and come to investigate they would greet me the same either way, i love them, wish the world was that simple....
    Last edited by mykell; 01-09-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

My dog has never reacted to me like that. She's a 7 year old Doberman who's
    happy anytime I'm around. If we are separated she greats me with a smile when I return.
    The horses on the other hand, are a very visual creature, and aren't comfortable until
    I speak to them.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

Way back when my daughter was in the playpen with me babysitting while my wife went out for a while, I dressed. As I walked in our family room, my daughter had this very quizzical look (@ 9 mos) and our two German Shepherds (mother/daughter) did a triple take, ran out of the room and very slowly and carefully walked back into the family room but stayed by the door to the backyard.

Never did that again!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

We have an old black lab who has recognized me in my birthday suit all the way up to being completely obscured in ski gear. But he usually becomes shy and subdued, and then quietly slinks off to the dining room if he sees me en femme. Weird. The cat, however, looks at me funny, and then decides she wants to sit in my lap and run her claws through my hose.

My cat watches me... mostly ignores what's going on but gives me a rather quizzical look if I come across him fully made up (that's me in makeup - not him.. ) This watching - pic below shows him in the background of a recent selfie - can be a bit disturbing. He makes me feel guilty - it's like, he knows, and possibly disapproves...? Should I try to explain to him...?
    Katey x
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

My dog, lab/border collie mix (or something kinda like that), has never shown the slightest sign of noticing there was anything different about me regardless of how I dress or make up. He's sweet, but was never very observant. At age 14-1/2, he's now more interested in just staying close to me and knowing where the food and water is than anything else.

- Diane

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Funny Thread.

English Springer Spaniel (liver & white) when I was young didn't care what I looked like. Just another girl to him I guess.
    Weimaraner in my teens would check me out if I had on a wig. Had to speak in my fem voice for him to recognize me.
    Malt terriers of my next oldest sis would bark crazy at me until I spoke to them whenever I would go over to her place after hschool.

Quote Originally Posted by dana digs sweaters View Post
    English Springer Spaniel (liver & white) when I was young didn't care what I looked like. Just another girl to him I guess.
    Key word: English

We don't care what anyone looks likes...as long as you don't pinch our chips (fries) or spill our ale (beer)!
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    My dog (Cavalier King Spaniel) ,just lays in the bed watching me go through my dressing routine,,,,,sometimes I've caught him giving me the when he doesn't like what I've picked to wear
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by susan jackson View Post
    Key word: English

We don't care what anyone looks likes...as long as you don't pinch our chips (fries) or spill our ale (beer)!
    Would this include the French and Germans?

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    My cat watches me... mostly ignores what's going on but gives me a rather quizzical look if I come across him fully made up (that's me in makeup - not him.. ) This watching - pic below shows him in the background of a recent selfie - can be a bit disturbing. He makes me feel guilty - it's like, he knows, and possibly disapproves...? Should I try to explain to him...?
    Katey x
    LOL. Your cat photo bombed you.
    Live and let dress.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Funny thread. When I first dressed around my dog I was actually afraid of him not recognizing me and acting weird. He actually didn't even seem to notice. He loves me however I am dressed. Oh yeah, he is a chocolate lab, and my duck hunting partner. So I guess he had already seen me in makeup, camo makeup, but makeup nonetheless.

my girl friend has three cats. one who is super skidish around men. I'v only once pet her once as a male. well when I dressed at my GF's place she came up and hoped in my lap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Since my dogs don't laugh at me or run from the room, I take that as a compliment from them :-)

The only response I get from the dog or cat is if I have to boot them off the shirt / skirt / whatever I want to put on that they have decided would be a comfortable bed. Then I get a look of disgust at having to move!

Teresa,
    The first time my dog saw me dressed years ago, he bailed me up until I swore at him.

Rebecca,
    Your cats recognise you......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Hi Teresa,

The first few times I dressed and walked in on my dogs they did a serious double take until I spoke to them and they realized it was me. It was fun to see their startled reaction. After a few times they figured out the routine and were quick to recognize the new woman in the house when they saw her. I love everything about dogs, one nice thing is that they are so accepting and non-judgmental!

Hugs,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Sometimes View Post
    Hi Teresa,

The first few times I dressed and walked in on my dogs they did a serious double take until I spoke to them and they realized it was me. It was fun to see their startled reaction. After a few times they figured out the routine and were quick to recognize the new woman in the house when they saw her. I love everything about dogs, one nice thing is that they are so accepting and non-judgmental!

Hugs,
    Stephanie
    My dog reacted similarity - she was very confused at first, it was hilarious to see!

Gone to live my life
    Teresa,

LOL . . . same thing happened with our two dogs the first time they saw me complete "en femme" . . . mad barking fools until they caught my scent and realized it was me.

Hugs

Isha

My crazy old hound never seemed to care, he just couldn't understand why we weren't going for our usual evening walk whenever I was wearing a miniskrt and heels.