Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: how many people know you are a crossdresser?

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My wife, my best friend (who is male), and my therapist. The wife decided to tell a friend of hers, her sister and sister's girlfriend (who is TG).

I have a half dozen friends and family members that know... with only one or two that haven't been overwhelmingly supportive.

Not very many. Maybe 5 to 7. I have told others but some refused to believe it and I just didn't push the subject with a picture. Of course lots of folks know me in the CD world some know both sides
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

A few. Went through a "tell some people" phase. One or two I shouldn't have but most people are cool(ish).

I know my parents have known for awhile but they really don't say anything about it.
    The list for people that I have told or know: 4 psychologists(ok... one was a intern, one was a professional and the other 2 are students going to school to become a psychologist), a few SA at Victoria's Secret and some salon employees know I CD. That's all I can remember because I honestly didn't write down all the people that know

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    My wife (unaccepting, forbidding) my encouraging therapist, an accepting surrogate daughter GG, a full time TG banker in FL, four members of this forum know my male identity.
    Total of eight.
    My deceased parents knew that I had worn and soiled my mother's undies at the age of ~14
    Last edited by Helen Grandeis; 01-12-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

I have been cding since I was 9 years old and the desire has never left me in the 35+ years since. It has been daunting because of the time, money, and work involved yet satisfying in ways that make me absorb whatever cost. I will say no one but the wonderful members on this forum know my secret and yet it is a secret I will take to my grave. Knowing that I can never fully be the woman inside I will continue being the man I am.

As far as I know, just my wife knows.

My close family, some folk I used to work with, and a few I work with now. The folk I go to Whitby with for Goth w/w. There's only 2 or 3 I wouldn't want to know though I'm not really fussed. It's not like I'm doing something strange
    "Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes"
    The shortness of life prevents us from entertaining far-off hopes. From Horace’s Odes, Book 1,4

Just my girlfriend. Unless my neighbors have happened to look through certain windows at certain times. Not all the windows have drapes that I can close and some have semi-translucent drapes. Makes me worry.

Just my wife, beauty service providers (nails, hair, makeup) and the ladies here. Never had any desire at all to be out to friends, coworkers or family. Hugs, Michelle

Just my wife and one friend. The friend is also CD, so coming out to her was easy.

My wife with limited acceptance; my former secretary who thought it was fun and envious of my legs when she saw some photos; and one other dear GG friend who was not only accepting but provided dressing tips and shared a photo session.

Banned Read only
    Hi Melissa, I just ran across your thread and I had to do some thinking. . .a few months ago only a handful of people knew, maybe a dozen or so. Now, since my wife (who absolutely does not approve) knows and I told my sister (my parents are both deceased), I've been a little more forthcoming with some close friends. A few trusted coworkers have known for some time since we've traveled together with me en femme. So, I'd say of those who know me well enough to call my name and recognize me, maybe 50 or 60 people that I am aware of right now. But I'm sure since word is spreading, there are certainly more that I don't know about.

My initial answer was going to be only one -- my wife.

But then I thought about it a little longer. Two doctors know, at least three others may suspect. The three therapists I've seen know. My tailor knows. My nail techs suspect, but probably know. The MAC MA knows. All the wig ladies know. The SAs at Dress Barn know. And dozens of eBay sellers and SAs probably suspect.

Oh, my minister knows, and our marriage councelor.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 01-13-2014 at 09:20 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Outside of a cd group I belong to, only two.

My wife and her bff

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    My wife and my deceased mother. There was one nosey checker at Walmart who tried to make a big thing over me buying a skirt but she doesn't count.

Everyone at work, now that I come to work dressed sometimes. My wife knows and one friend.

my best friend and my wife

Stephania
    I have no idea. There are some I've told. There are some that have "been" told. So I have no clue as to how many "know" for sure.

How many people know I'm a CD?

Hmmmm...let's see: All my close friends, at least one of my sisters, my niece, probably my entire program (I'm a student) as I've been to house parties with them dressed up.

The only people (that I am aware of) who know outside of the CD/TG world are friends that I initially met online and then met and got to know in person. I guess I am still hesitant enough to feel like I need to "confirm" as best I can the tolerance and reliability of somebody I am considering telling while still fairly anonymous before I meet them. I know this will sound silly to many, but hopefully this will change one day and I am trying to make progress in being more open.

Donna Jean

Three for me, my wife, a female friend and another male friend.

Therapist and my wife. And I kind of need keep it that way.

When I was 25 I told a girl that I had known for 10 years (that I was interested in) that I dressed. She took it pretty well, she told me that by the way I was acting she was thinking I was going to telling her something really bad. She did go on to add that our dating potential went from probably not to no way. But hey, she did end up giving me some of her old clothes so that worked out well. She did go on to tell a few people that she knew a crossdresser but she never gave a name. I was cool with that because it seemed like a pretty big secret to keep without talking about it (I couldn't do it). We lost touch for a while and 7 years later we were dating and briefly lived together, she was cool with the dressing and made me up and took me out for my only Halloween. The relationship fell apart for unrelated reasons. Fast forward 18 years and for the last couple of years we are back in touch with each other and try to meet for coffee once a month or so. In one of our talks she mentioned that she was "totally okay with the dressing" and that of all the people she had told through the years that she knows a crossdresser, none of them had seriously negative reaction, but apparently it's not a major selling point when it comes to dating.