Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how many people know you are a crossdresser?

Only my friends here and maybe a few suspicious sales associates

As far as I know, no one knows. Not sure if anyone suspects it either. I won't deny it if asked though.

In terms of people who know my male self: therapist (only one who has seen me as both), personal trainer and one GG at work. Probably a couple of dozen others who have only ever met me as Joanne, but know that there's another me.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

Well, wife, sister, all my friends (almost) and a good chunk of acquaintances. and 1 co-worker. Only negative reaction was my wife. I want to tell my mom but I think she's too much of a gossip to make that a good idea. I don't really talk with my extended family, but you never know...

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Wife, sister, & about 3 friends. My neighbors probably know by now, but I have never spoken to them about it. Oh and everyone in my life knows I do femme things like paint my nails, but they don't know the extent of it all.

No negative reactions by anyone.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    19, All family

My wife is the only person who knows. She was a little taken aback and apprehensive at first but is now mellowing to and more accepting when Requal is in the house.

my wife knows, much to my dismay,and karen an old friend who i opened up to.she has been so great.she is the only one to see me dressed.she has helped so much.i can say that now i can truly pass as a woman.we plan on having a girls night out,i cant wait.its funny that it only takes one person who will support you to change everything.i now actually feel pretty good about myself,after years of anguish.

Way too many to count...and most are fine with my crossdressing some are shocked while others are not really surprized.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

So far, just my wife. She's been accepting my habits ever since our first date. CDing is low on her list of things she puts up with. BTW, she said "I do" on her own. I wish I could tell my cousin. After all it was her clothes that got me here.

Joni

My wife. Just about all my friends. Everyone who works at my second job. Everyone who's been by my second job for about a year... I guess I'm pretty much out of the wardrobe to everyone buy my parents and extended family.

People I know personally? I would have to say about six, my best friend and his wife, a girlfriend from long ago and her best friend, we still chat about my dressing, no it wasn't the cause of our breakup, my wife's best friend and my wife.

And of course all the wonderful people here on this site.

@--}-----

Nobody as far as I know, I'd like to keep it like that.

My wife, my mother in law, two of our best friends. Wish all of the people I know accepted our lifestyle so that I could come out to all but many people are critical and mean.

I can name 38 people! One brother didn't like it at first, but has come around now! This does not count nurses nor nurses aids nor neighbors that drive by each day!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Hmmm... quite a few really. My girlfriend knows and so do 2 of my exes. Then there's a couple of female friends, a couple of male friends and I think that's about it. In total there are about 15 or so persons who know... Except for my gf and my exes, I've only received positive reactions.

Good Question. Can't give an exact number or even a really good guess. Since I don't really hide it any more Anyone of my neighbors 3 I know for sure My Dad, Brother, Sister, Wife, Her sister a few friends of ours and anyone any of them have told. Plus I went to work dressed one Halloween years ago so they at least all suspected Any number of sales associates. I really don't have a clue what the number is but have had no negative reactions from anyone I know and only a few from strangers out and about mostly odd stares and some laughing.

I guess I should have added to my question, what percentage of those people have seen you dressed? For me, as it stands now, 0% of those mentioned in my post have seen me dressed. Of those that are family members (4), I don't want to dress around them anyway

Outside of the cd/tg community there is one person who knows that I cd, who I have more than a business relatioship with. She is a life coach who I knew before I started CDing.

There is a hotel that I have stayed at multiple times where they know me in both male and female mode. There are business's that I go to that know me as Grace, but do not know me in male mode.

My wife is the only one that knows -I think! Oops- she told a friend so it could be a lot more!

Zero; unfortunately, I've tried to soft-pedal around with an extremely limited number of friends, and it just leads to negativity.

My wife, who went though the turmoil experienced by most spouses when they found out.

My daughters, who were told after they had gone to college. One is tolerant but not completely comfortable and I respect her feelings. The other's reaction was more like "Cool, let's go shopping!"

My electrologist and her office manager, whose reactions were probably "We get to buy new cars!"

There are other non-CDers that I know, but my link to them is through activities that I only do dressed. They never see me in male mode and may or may not perceive me as a GG.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

2 in my life. My wife who was shocked at first but is fully supportive and a former gf who was quite "matter of fact" about it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My wife, best friend and his wife. Also the girl who does my pedicures, and the girl who cuts my hair.

Outside of the TG community, only my wife and therapist.
    Starting to go out to support groups. Though not intending to come out to people, I suspect someone is bound to find out sooner or later....