Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how many people know you are a crossdresser?

how many people know you are a crossdresser?

Other than people in the cd/tg world that you may know, how many people in your life know you crossdress and what was their reaction when they found out?

Melissa

my gf, a friend and her girlfriend. So three, it was no big problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have lost count. Maybe 30-40 people know now. I haven't gotten a single negative response. Though, I will say, that everyone I have told were people that I trusted and sort of expected to support me. By doing this, I have built a safety net, or support network. There are a few hurdles I still need to cross though. For example, I have not told my Dad or Brother. I don't expect them to react with love and support considering they way they treat me/think of me as is, much less as a CDer. It's scary to think about and maybe I need to finally have a negative reaction so I can learn to cope. I am very lucky to have encountered as much support as I have.
    Hakuna Matata!

Aside from those here on this site and the ones that have seen my page, no one. In person and a long way away from town, I'm going to say about 20 or so. No one in the family or local friends though. I'm out and about but still in the closet. Does that make sense?

Renne.....

Before Christmas may be 4 or 5. At Christmas I come out in church so add 40 or so there. then today on Facebook I come completely out. I have not any negative responses that I know of, some won't express their opinion or will cease to be my friend. since I did come completely and not hiding in the closet but going to the mall I feel like a weight has been lifted off me and I am free to be whomever I am that day.

For me only one... I don't know that I am ready to fully open up to the world yet. I wish it was more but it isn't.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    If I had to count I would say 6, but only my wife prob knows Im an active CD and of course she wishes I wasn't

I just want to add that a picture of me en femme from halloween found it's way to my facebook page, so really anyone I have friended and friends of friends have potentially seen me en femme. Obviously, some will have just passed it off as a halloween get-up, but it was taken pretty far, so some might wonder about things. I posted it actually to test the waters and gauge reactions of people in my network if I were to completely come out of the closet. I didn't get any negative responses. I've also been slowly adding CD/TG/femme related interests and liking pages. Maybe if I just slowly meld into this publicly, nobody will ever bat an eyelash.
    Hakuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMilton View Post
    Before Christmas may be 4 or 5. At Christmas I come out in church so add 40 or so there. then today on Facebook I come completely out. I have not any negative responses that I know of, some won't express their opinion or will cease to be my friend. since I did come completely and not hiding in the closet but going to the mall I feel like a weight has been lifted off me and I am free to be whomever I am that day.
    wow, that must be a really great feeling!
    “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for. ”
    ― Maureen Dowd

Silver Member
    All my close friends, mother, wife, daughters, sisters, ... aunts ... etc., neighbors, shopping click (all women) and I'm sure their husbands, and the list goes on. Oh, police since I know personally several of them as friends, fire and some city staffers. I guess I'm out if you include all the SAs I come in contact with. Before we purchased here about the same people at the previous half dozen locations. Then there are all the locations where I worked.

I've been out or caught so many times that I've lost count. A few hundred is a good guess.

Melissa,
    This is a good question.
    My initial thought was... only one person knows, my wife, who had a really hostile reaction. Which has led to our dadt relationship concerning this.

As I thought more about it, it gets "iffy".
    My siblings saw me dressed as young teenagers but probably believe that it stopped back then (40+ years ago). Just a "kids foolin' around" thing.
    I think my Mom could guess but does not know for sure+.
    Then I also remembered Brenda, a gg friend who I met at a drag show. She took me under her wing & helped me with makeup, took me out to buy the right shades, taught me how to apply it, helped me pick out clothes & shoes, showed me how they should fit.... Unfortunately she moved away after a couple months together. I wouldn't call her part of the CD/TG world but she is definitely a supporter.
    Strangers I meet when I'm out clock me, but then again, they are not really in my life..
    Everyone else who knows is a CDer.

Hugs, Connie Marie

Only my doctor and my therapist

I think about 4 or 5 people I have trusted with knowing.

Tab

Banned Read only
    7 billion...

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    A cpl dozen,mainly due to co-workers finding out by accident rather than design,my wife and stepsons,her parents,and two of her siblings.some of my family knew of it in the past but are unaware of the extent of it now.a cpl colleagues aside (sneaky,behind my back ones) everyone's Been supportive.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

The people I knew when I was twenty all encouraged me to dress or wanted to see this guy that looked like a girl.
    I was often star billing when I went out and never bought meals or drinks for myself.
    So there was no reaction other than surprise that a guy could look so good.

Since leaving that circle of friends. No one other than SA's and acquaintances around the world.
    They don't care they have seen it all before.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Only 1 in person for me, my psychologist and she's been great helping me sort through the growth process. Very torn with sharing with my wife and close friends, don't want to put a burden of choice on them but also know I'm potentially preventing some extra support from those who would approve and help me grow.

For now though, I'm happy to have my one because up until 2 years ago, it was 0.........flickr and this site are such a help to learn, share and grow.

3 outright know. Parent (mom),2 friends. Would've added 2 more friends last weekend but they were away-likely they'll be added Sat.
    The friends were already tolerant/accepting of such so didn't think it'd be an issue to tell. And it wasn't. Parent was understanding.
    (she's great like that
    No coworkers.
    Small social group (and only the 1 parent is direct family) so don't have a lot to really "tell" to...maybe only a couple others.
    Might let one friend know..(she's part of the GL community) but she has ties to coworkers so kind of unsure on her.
    and letssee... Active Members 5,960 (according to current board stats )
    so... 5,963 at the moment?

Addendum (edit)
    Ok...1 of the other friends also now told. So 3... The 3rd will likely tell the 4th.
    And 2 more will likely be told later.
    Last edited by KaceyR; 01-11-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

SO and some of her friends who i only see a few times a year... and lots of random people all over the world, SA, hotel staff, people on street etc but will never see them again so who cares.

Almost everyone I know on a personal level knows. A handful of coworkers do as well. While I don't blurt it out to everyone, I'm sure it's not a well hidden secret.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Every one knows , at first most people that I knew and use to speak to just cut me off ,crossed the road or just blanked me out , a lot still do that now but it was just people I knew not friends so it does not bother me , I had not spoken to my side of the family for 25 years so that was no problem, my wife's side of the family said that it would make no difference to them but then I noticed that on the odd occasion when they needed to come over you would get a phone call warning that they were coming ( never use to happen before ) the odd thing is my wife's side of the family never comes over now yet my brother who I had not spoken to for 25 yrs comes over most weeks but that is because of another story, I have a few new friends that I chat to when I see them out so things are not all bad and I keep it to androgynous looking so not to make them feel uncomfortable with me .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Me and my wife, Oh and did I tell you I'm schizophrenic so does that count as 3? Im bipolar as well so maybe 4. Actually just two me and my wife as Im not Schizophrenic or bipolar. My wife is OK with it which I thank god for as it makes it much more fun and easier to deal with. Ellie

2. One friend I nervously came out to immediately replied: you look cute.
    the other friend was a bit more hostile, but has since accepted Lacey, but prefers him.
    Last edited by Laicee; 01-10-2014 at 03:24 AM. Reason: spellcheck

I would have to say about 10. Now out of that 10 only 3 approve and don't give me a bad time about it. Even though my wife knows and buys me things she doesn't like it. 1 of my daughters can't stop telling everyone she knows and friends have an idea but never says anything about it.

Pretty much all of the people who knew me as a guy now know me as a woman, many family, nearly all of my friends from that previous period. No problems, no lost friends so far.

My spouse and I told most of our friends over dinners with the other couples, one on one, using a sort of pre-prepared template. Many had the same unexpected reaction when we told them, they would listen carefully, ask some questions, and then say, "But we're still friends, right?" Completely took us by surprise since we expected to be the ones asking that question!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).