Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: how many people know you are a crossdresser?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    only a few people know....all girls.....maybe 5,6....maybe more ....

Oh, a handful.

Only 3, well maybe 4. My one sister knows and has for years, it was her stuff I started with when I was about 9 and she was 12. One of the women I work with knows as she saw me in a store buying some panties and se point blank asked me. The 3rd one is a girl I have known since junior high and is a good friend and perhaps my biggest supporter and mentor.

I said maybe 4 because the other night I was out for a drive as Heather and I swung though the drive thru at my local Starbucks. The girl working the window I have seen many times going though the drive thru in drab and when she saw me, well actually my car, she smiled and rather than saying have a nice day as she always does she said "You have fun tonight."

Interesting question. I'm not sure how many know. For sure my brother because I told him and two of my sisters. Three women friends and a male friend whom I also told. I know he told someone else. There are others who met me as a crossdresser. But they don't count. So officially six.

But I have to assume more do know. I have four sisters, it's quite possible the other two were told and likely one of more of them told their husbands. It hasn't been mentioned so I don't know. My male friend did out me to someone else that he admits so I would find it quite possible he told others who worked with me. But as I see him rarely and the others not at all so I have no idea. In fact most of them thought me gay anyway because of my feminine ways. They always make that mistake.

My Mother might know but never mentioned it. She doesn't miss much though and it's possible.

My wife is another matter. I'm not sure. I vary back and forth with the idea she suspects and says nothing or has simply missed all the signs. I haven't told her and the issue isn't raised. One of my sisters in law may know. For one thing I wear a women's casual hoodie top quite a lot. She threw a significant glance at it and I wondered what that was about. Then one day she turned up wearing the same top. She's too intelligent not to put two and two together. But again she hasn't mentioned other than as a throwaway joke.

So the answer is I don't know for sure.

Perfectly Strange... Christine Andrews's Avatar
    Within my circle, only my Mother.

A few years ago I told her but I thought I would be able to stop. I became increasingly unhappy and started again. I would be astounded if she didn't know this and part of me is afraid to wonder how much she suspects or has pieced together. She is very intelligent and she knows me too well. Don't Ask, Don't Tell I think.

I wish I had the nerve to be honest but alas I don't. I don't want to lose my friendship with her so I won't rock the boat. I always consider that unless I am coming out full time or wanting to go out in public, out would be unfair to drop this on her - I would be making myself feel better but hurting her. The closet is sufficient for now.

Outside my circle, some store staff where I shop from time to time may suspect or have me sussed - as I am not out I shop masculine - but as they know neither me nor my friends and family I am not really concerned with what they may think/suspect/know.
    “A truth that's told with bad intent
    Beats all the lies you can invent.”
    ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

only girlfriend...

In my normal life, only my wife, son, daughter (both in 20's) brother and his wife know. Coming out was recent and not well received. I have a number of people who met me as Ceri though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

None in my daily life, only online friends.

No one yet, although I think my other half suspects and wonders. Still not quite ready to come out.
    Its funny that no one has yet asked me why I'm buying female clothing and items, I've been hoping someone does.
    Funnily enough although I live in a place that quite progressive for transgender acceptance most of the people around me are not quite ready for the big announcement as yet as I've been testing the waters for their views.

No one of the people I know personally. At least I think so or they found out somewhere along the way and never told me that.

A week or so ago, "boy me" made a post on facebook about "making 2014 my bitch" and the first step along that path took place today when I added another person to my list of people who know I am a crossdresser. This is a guy that I work with (well, he works in another area now but we work for the same company and he knows a lot of people that I know).

I've received a couple "clandestine" comments from business associates. Funny how stories get around. My gig is well under wraps..sometimes I wonder who's watching me. Be careful out there.

Banned Read only
    Only my wife or so I believe. I may be wrong, but, nobody has come up and said "Hey, I hear you wear dresses." My wife found I was a cross dresser when I found out I was a cross dresser. When we were first married and adventurous, I wore one of her floor length nylon gowns one night. I told her I liked the feel of the fabric, which is true. n occasion we incorporated nylon gowns, garter belts and stockings into the bedroom. It was not a controlling thing in our lives. We both accepted my "fetish" to the extent we did shop together for a nightgown or two for me. Slowly I was graduating to buying a slip or two for myself. Again for the feel. When I decided to buy a sexy red Vanity Fair bra to go with the red slip, that brought on a reevaluation of things. Neither she nor I could understand why a man would wear a bra if he had nothing to stuff into it, and, that did not mean socks or tissues.

So, we learned together I was a cross dresser. That abruptly ended any bedroom play and brought on THAT conversation we all have at the point of discovery.

Banned Read only
    A few associates from shopping without having to tell them. The other one but from Walgreens, even though it wasn't about clothes, just more in the womens section for beauty products. She found it interesting to where she was very helpful to where her aim was to show that there was no shame in having a feminine side.

I'm pretty much closeted so only my online friends know.

Two ex girlfriends know about my femme side, which was over 20 years ago.

One current GG (best friend) knows. I told her about Jilly about two years ago. I have worked with her for the last 15 years, in an office. We were on a works function, when after a few glasses of wine, she said to me, "Why are you always looking at at my shoes?". Call it Dutch Courage or simple drunkenness, but I just replied, "I think they're gorgeous".

The conversation then developed, and I confessed all. She texted me the day after, saying that we needed to talk, and I feared the worst.

We went for a coffee, and she told me that she wasn't bothered about Jilly, and was a little relieved that I was not an office sex pest (her words!!).

To this day, we have a monthly girls night in. She is married and her husband works shifts, so we can easily accommodate it.
    Everything is better in heels

Tvchix.com/profiles/Jilly1974

As far as I know,only my SO, a few SAs and girls at a salon.Andof course everyone herr.

everyone on this board and everyone on tvchix and tgplaymates knows i'm a cross dresser. but none of them know the 'male' version of me.

no one else (ie. people who i actually physically interact with in my daily life as a man) has the slightest clue.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Let's see... my first wife shortly after the wedding. She was ambivilent. Uninterested. Non-participatory. That marriage ended due to an affair on her part. Second wife resented it. But we parted ways for reasons other than my dressing. There were several high school girlfriends that I told about it...but only in adulthood. They were surprised to find out that I did it while dating them in high school, although through most of high school I was in "remission" from dressing. My present girlfriend knows, but she has a wait and see attitude about it, wanting to experiment, and get a feel for it. Remains to be seen how accepting she turns out to be or how far I'll be able to get into my dream of dressing freedom.

Mother, sisters, wifes (Exes), xGF, daughters and a few friends
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Of the people in my life 0,

now i have had 2 or 3 gf that have been ok with it but they are not around anymore .
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Not a very tough question. My SO, her sister, and my Ex. All are very or were very supportive. Oh the people in Vegas at the clubs we went to.. But they didn't really care.

my doctor, sister in laws, brother and sisters, everyone in my hS class (went enfeme toi reunion), several female co-workers, SA's all over, some women in my gated community (after I went to three halloween parties in a row enfemme)

No one. Not yet. Well except you all.

All of you. My wife who doesn't care for. SA at a couple of dress shops. Other than that no one. The sa were very open and understanding.