Thread: First time out the door

First time out the door

Last night the wife was out townis I was able to shave the beard off. After I did that I got dressed up with wig but with no makeup, that may come tomorrow, the number four daughter said she would come over and help with makeup. Then I thought why not go out of the house, but where? Like so many others, Ouiptrip for gas. Since it was cold I put on a heavy long winter coat with a hood (the wife's) and off I went!!

Not really much else to tell as you couldn't tell what I had on under the big coat, there were only a few people at the gas islands at 11:00 pm and nobody paid me any attention. My boy hair may be long enough that I don't need the wig, but the boy hair is almost white so I look younger with the wig.

I hope to take some pics tomorrow so maybe I'll have the guts to post.

Hugs, Bria

Congratulations on your achievement! It is good that your daughter is supportive. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics if you decide to post them!

I hope that your wife isn't coming back to an undesired surprise when she returns. Some wives have very strong feelings about changes in their spouse's grooming.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Congrats Bria, thrilling isn't it? Awesome your dau. can help on the makeup front!

Bria - scary? exciting? Why not..? Well done...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Trip to the gas pump or ATM seems like a rite of passage for many of us. Congrats on your exciting first time out and may it get better and better.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Bria, I'm sure you had exciting nervous fun on your outing. This has been my energy of life for a long time. Just wait till you do the full grocery shopping trip. Really, people out there taking care of the mundane usual stuff just don't care about how you're dressed. And if you pass out of focus, you pass in public. Really!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Silver Member
    Congrats on your outdoor adventure and having an accepting daughter! Most other people when out and about will not notice what you are wearing unless it is "out of place". The more you get out, the more you'll want to get out! Always be comfortable and confident in whatever you are wearing.

It’s great having a supportive daughter, maybe not as great as having a supportive wife, but I sure appreciate the support I get from my Daughter – Wife is more tolerant than supportive.

I was sort of thinking along the same line that Eryn commented on. I’m assuming your Wife doesn’t share the same supportive views that your Daughter does since you waited until she went out of town. My first thought was I wonder what excuse he is going to use to explain shaving off the beard.

Early summer 2012, and my Daughter and I were going to the local TG support group dinner meeting, only the second or third time out for me. The truck needed gas so she pulled in to one of the pumps and I walked into the little store-front to pay the cashier. I handed him $40 and said “forty dollars on number one”, he took the money and I walked out. He then proceeded to walk around the counter and followed me out, watching me walk back to the island and the truck. I then stood talking to my Daughter while she put the gas in the truck – I made it a point to stand so that he could see me – I mean it was quite obvious he was in awe of my feminine beauty.

So Bria, what is your next conquest? If the weather warms up a bit maybe you could venture out without the heavy, hooded, coat for more gas. You can always walk into a store and buy something, or if your Daughter is with you maybe stop for a cup of coffee at a coffee shop. The important thing is that you have been out of the house and nothing untoward happened. I’m sure, like Katey wrote, that you felt scared and excited, and a host of other emotions and the next few times out you will probably still feel those exact same emotions, especially when going somewhere you haven’t been before en femme. But at the same time you’ll begin to gain some confidence and as your confidence builds going out becomes easier, you begin to feel more at ease, and you begin to enjoy being out en femme.
    Babs

Congrats Bria on getting out.....my last trip outside was to the gas station....didn't know they were so popular with us gals Just being outside with along the busy highway with cars zipping past....though felt so self conscious with the attendant outside having a smoke who kept staring....maybe he just liked my boots.

Very happy for you.

Bria,
    I wish you well with your coming out adventures.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This morning I told my wife on the phone that I had shaved the beard that I have had since we got married in 1976. She asked me why I did that, I said I wanted to see what I looked like. The answer is that I look a lot like my mother did, the shape of my mouth, lips, nose, cheeks. Just a couple of weeks ago I told my younger sister that I was seeing a lot of our mother in her now, boy has that come home to roost!! Daughter is coming this afternoon to do makeup, I hope that we can go our for coffee or something.

Thanks to all for your kind thouhts and comments, more news later!!

Hugs Bria