Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An "Ah Ha" Moment!

An "Ah Ha" Moment!

During my recent Christmas vacation, I did a ton of laundry, so I made it a point to go through my femme wardrobe as well. Now, I've have taken care of my femme wardrobe as needed in the past but this time I think I hit a benchmark.

I was hand washing some lingerie as I've done countless times before, but this time, it dawn on me, that I was washing "my panties, my bras, my camisoles" and I more than a few blouses, tee shirts, skirts in the laundry mixed with my drab clothes. It was like, "OMG! Look how far you've come, Look what you are doing!" Maybe it is now, that I have more than one pair of panties, one blouse, but a nice sizable, if small, but a noticeable wardrobe, it can't be ignored that I am not the same man that I was five - seven years ago. How slowly, I've allowed my femme side become part of my life to the point, that I admit to myself something I was always afraid to admit, that I do not consider myself, solely a male.

I was a bit stunned, a bit excited, a bit happy, a bit relieved, a bit scared not knowing what was in the future, a very mixed of emotions. It was just such a poignant moment of self-revelation and acceptance. I almost cried, I know I had this tingling in my chest and a felt a bit flush in the face. I had such a desire to "tell someone" "shout it from the rooftop". But, the dyer "dinged" and this gal had to get to folding some clothes. LOL.

I was wondering if anyone had this "moment". Or with our gals who are married, do you do your own laundry, or is there an arrangement with your SO/Spouse on who does who's laundry?

Cassie

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Hi Cassie!
    My tolerating wife (don't mean to label her) and I share laundry duties (well ok...she does 90%). She does whatever is there and I do the same. I have asked her how to do bras so that I know, but I haven't had the "AHA moment". I don't get to dress enough to create the need to launder multiple items other than the undies.

But I am happy for you and hope you continue to have those moments!
    Last edited by Jamie Lynn; 01-11-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: added content

Cassie,
    Was the tingling in your chest or your breast?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Truly wonderful. Cassie!

Those moments are all too rare and extremely important. May you continue to enjoy this wonderful life!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    I never have considered laundry to be a gender specific activity.

As for realizing I was more than male, that moment occurred some years ago when I realized I wasn't less than male because of my more feminine attributes. Being feminine has been a positive or greater than male from my point of view ever since.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Ha! Touche' Beverly! I would have to say chest because I was en drab mode when I was doing the laundry.

Cassie

I can understand that Kim, I think laundry became a gender specific activity since I've never been married, and lived alone over thirty years now. So, when all of the sudden I realize, I am attending to these feminine items in my laundry, it did give me pause for thought.

Cassie.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 01-12-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Please use the edit button when there is no post since your last post.

AN AH HA Moment : Cassie I have had that same experience while doing laundry
    I felt a tingle go through me as I put in the dryer the lingerie that I had earlier put
    in the washer for my wife just remembering how great she looked in the lingerie.
    I have shared many nights with my wife in panties an nighties Oh what a great
    experience when your wife enjoys seeing you dressed in lingerie.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Cassie,

Had a similar "ah ha" moment when I was taking my turn with laundry some time ago. I was folding our respective clothing in piles when I noticed something odd, peaking out among my standard blue, black and grey boy underwear was pink, light blues, colourful, lacy and not to mention the odd blouse, bra and women's jeans amongst my boy clothes. It was a bit surreal but now just normal. My wife washes what is in the hamper and like me folds into respective piles . . . although sometimes she does accidently (so she says) include some of my tops in with hers . . . but then again I do the same. So now we just agree to share tops.

Hugs

Isha

Gold Member
    Yes, I bet I have at least 30 panties and 20 bras, as well as skirts and tops.
    I have more girls things then mens things.
    O' Well, It all goes through the laundry the same.
    Rader

Most of the time my wife does the laundry, including my femme stuff. I sometimes help, but rarely. (I'd do it all if she asked. I don't mind.) No hand washing though. Our washer has a "hand wash" cycle.

Banned Read only
    No "Ah Ha" moment for this gal, Cassie; just thankful to be able to afford dual wardrobes. My wife and I have such divergent schedules, we end up doing our own laundry most of the time. I always do my femme stuff when she is not around. But I am certainly glad you had that feeling running through your body. I bet it was nice.

Silver Member
    Congrats, fun feeling isn't it. I guess my first time was when I went to the laundry and was folding all my pretty things. That was in the 60s and I did receive some curious looks from a few women. Maybe they were jealous, I did have a lot of pretty things and no guy underwear. Another time I borrowed my aunt's washing machine and hung my lingerie out in the sun. She came home and exclaimed about how pretty my lingerie was.

Today, my wife and I share laundry duty. Every once in a while she will harass me about why I have more bras in the laundry than she does. Since we share closets and I keep my lingerie openly in my dresser drawers she is aware of what I have. We shop together and advise each other on clothes so there are few surprises.

Banned Read only
    Hi Cassie, Teresa's man did his usual trick put some really nice red underwear with some really nice white underwear in the wash and forgot to check the temperature and now we have some really nice pink underwear, problem is explaining how the man's Y fronts are now pink!

I'm usually likes to wash the dress of my wife and mother in law but they dont give it to me

I've done that Teresa, over the years, I think, I've made very washing foopa imaginable. Nowdays, I blame such incidents every time something fits a bit tighter than before, LOL, never my diet. LOL.

I have had that "Ah Ha" moment, sometimes when I am dressed, sometimes when I am folding laundry.
    Most time when I get that moment it scares me a little bit, Luckily it doesn't usually last too long
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Can't say I've done that with laundry much... But just had a bit of an Ah hah! moment myself.
    Playng vid game on my PC...TV on as well.
    But just started thinking about the differences from last year to this one.
    what's different is here I am now... fully dressed en femme, and I'm actually watching
    and liking the Golden Globes red carpet show on E! and loving seeing the outfits and not
    even worrying about the football game. Well, half liking... they could show more of the
    women's outfits and not have so much inane chatter with the guys in suits
    (also not liking several gals that have several arm tattoos along with trying to wear
    glamorous outfits-just seems so mismatched.)

Amazing how interests and things have shifted....
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Funny... I was just thinking to myself how much things have changed since I had the discussion with my wife.... I too was doing some laundry and I separate my dark clothes from my wife's to do them separately, I just do... Anyway; this weekend half of my clothes in the pile were so called "girl" stuff. That used to never happen... I am happy that it can happen now though..

I did some laundry tonight...the first time i have ever done a full load of girl clothes. While hanging it all up I realized that the ever growing collection is taking about four feet of rack. I have absolutely no interest in men's clothing and haven't bought any for at least a year. But the girl stuff, makeup, wigs and so on just keep coming. It made me pause to think about where this whole thing is going. While dressed and talking to my wife last night I kind of blurted out that being a girl is more fun and I liked it better than being a plain old boring boy.

My Ah-Ha moment didn't come to me doing laundry but rather when I was at the local Meijer's doing my weekly grocery shopping. I needed some lipstick so I very casually put it in with my groceries and as the girl rang up the lipstick along with the rest of my groceries I realized I had finally come to grips with being Heather

Did nobody else read the title and think
    Samantha -x-

I don't get it. Guess I'm a little daft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    Did nobody else read the title and think

Think I'm having an Ah Ha moment.... so you mean your supposed to wash them??
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well in my house I do all the laundry, all the dishes, all the cleaning my wife will help out if I insist on it, but I must ask her but mainly I have the only sense of the need to clean. In many respects I am the wife there anyway.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by sweetshauna View Post
    I don't get it. Guess I'm a little daft?
    It's one for the UK crowd Im afraid
    Samantha -x-