Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bra Raiders?

Bra Raiders?

Wife was cleaning out the closet today and came up with a huge box of clothes for Goodwill. She doesn't know fully about my fem side yet.......she does know I have a knack for female fashion and enjoy shopping with her and our daughter.

I was out cleaning her vehicle in the garage where she stored the bag for me to take to Goodwill Monday and I couldn't help but sift through the undergarment bag.......pulled out 6 36B&C bras still in great condition......a few that I bought for "her." She's at a 38C now so I thought, why not? Save a little money and keep these lovelies in the family. No need in my shopping for new when gently used were just about to walk out the door.

Anyone else ever raided your wife's "to go" bag/box?

The big box of clothes is next! I should say, we're close to the same size on some pieces.....I can do a medium or large or 8/10 in women's and large or 9/11 in juniors.....thankfully she's not too far off!

Update: Just scored 2 pairs of slacks, a long tunic sweater, 2 pairs of capris and a cami.......after going through the clothes box.
    Last edited by KristinTX; 01-11-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KristinTX View Post
    Wife ... She doesn't know fully about my fem side yet.......she does know I have a knack for female fashion and enjoy shopping with her and our daughter.
    It's time you told your family the truth - the only reason you got married was to have a daughter - so that there would be two legit shopping opportunities / excuses.
    One for what you want "now" and one for what you didn't get to buy, own & wear when you were a kid. ( haha that kid must have an awesome wardrobe )

Oh.... girl.... been there and done that! My wife is the exact same size as me... although a bit more small chested. I can virtually wear anything she has and have helped myself to things she has wanted to get rid of. And for no good reason! Great bras! Shoes! Skirts! You name it. It's amazing what women will get rid of for no good reason! I feel guilty wearing her clothes, so I try not to... and besides,... she's not the sexy girl that I am and tends to buy and wear some not so cute outfits. But the bras and tops she tosses, make me want to cry!

Oh Honey,
    I think MOST of us have raided that bag, even if it's just looking, even if we're not the exact same size..
    Hugs, Connie Marie

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    My ex would never dream of sending bra's and underwear to charity shops..no they would go straight in the bin....well I am a great believer in reducing our societies waste...and therefore by my retrieving said items from the bin I was doing my bit to help save the planet lol

Banned Read only
    Kristin, it's likely that the majority of us have done that at one time or another. I'd say you're lucky to have "scored" the bras and clothes. As for coming clean, don't let anyone tell you to do it now or then or later. If you EVER tell all, do it when all parties are likely to come away intact.

Goodwill just throws used underwear away anyway.

There'd be no point in rescuing my wife's old bras. She's a 34 and I'm a 44. Besides, she never gets rid of anything. She's 60 years old and still has clothes she wore in high school.

I actually ended up throwing out the rest of her bras that I didn't reclaim since I didn't think Goodwill accepted those.....managed to save a few from meeting their fate.

Lara: Thanks for the tip.....don't want to hurt her but tough suppressing who I feel is the real me too....a dilemma i'm sure many face.

Connie: You're right, the looking is part of the thrill too! There was just too much life left on a few of these to let them walk.

Moncton: You know me well.....wonder if our 22 y/o daughter has a clue.....how did dad get so hip in helping pick out my clothes and helping mom revise her wardrobe? A nice skill every husband should have

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Cynthia- in some states. Goodwill actually sells used underwear, believe it or not.

Silver Member
    I've had a couple of occasions where someone dropped off clothes for a garage sale and or GW. It was my duty to go through them and select items not ready for either. Unfortunately I didn't find anything I liked or fit. It did make me think about doing a clothing drive for charity. I of course would buy anything that I didn't forward to the organization.

My wife handed me down some of her old bras that no longer fit. I also get her hand me down tops that no longer fit. That's the nice thing about having an approving wife.

The thrift stores in Ohio all sell used bras and panties. I have never purchased used panties ,but I have purchased some used bras. I snagged a couple VS bras that were in almost new condition and my last purchase was a Playtex bra that I believe was brand new. I have gotten panty girdles from thrift stores.

Banned Read only
    I'm in the same situation as JennyLynn, I'm about a dress size bigger than my wife so usually moving a button over on a skirt works because the hip size will be bigger anyway. Most of her throw outs are after a diet regime so they are generously cut. As for underwear I have a few cast offs but I love matching sets so much that I prefer to buy my own. I don't have a guilt factor because my CDing is linked to a " wanting to share syndrome".... I would think very few of us can share shoes, so it's off to the shops! If I had to purge I think I would miss shoes the most!
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-12-2014 at 04:45 AM.

I have raided my wife's things in the past, and she doesn't know. She doesn't like the idea of me wearing her things, so will have to keep this quiet. Seems a shame to throw some things out.

It is a practical thing to do if you have similar tastes in clothes and close in sizes.
    Me I have all my own. I never share.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wife never ever puts bras in a goodwill bag and gives them to me to take in! Be like leaving me unsupervised in a hockey store...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Goodwill just throws used underwear away anyway.

There'd be no point in rescuing my wife's old bras. She's a 34 and I'm a 44. Besides, she never gets rid of anything. She's 60 years old and still has clothes she wore in high school.
    No they don't. I go to Goodwill all the time. There is plenty of used panties, bras and such on the rack.

The word is out on you Karren, No hockey store would ever leave you unsupervised.
    But the Jeans store, that would be a different issue,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    Sure, my wife gave me a bag of clothes for goodwill and I tried on all the skirts, keeping several that fit me.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    The word is out on you Karren, No hockey store would ever leave you unsupervised.
    But the Jeans store, that would be a different issue,
    Maybe if I had a flame thrower!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My wife had a bag of clothes she was going to give to a friend to sort through skirts tops mainly. She knows about me I asked if I could look through it before she gave it to her friend and she said sure but they probably wont fit. Most did not but I found a pretty white blouse and a nice skirt that did. I have always liked her tatse in clothes and now I have a little too!

I didn't need to go thru my wifes throw aways she knew about me but any time her sister gave her things I had first choice.

I recently "liberated" two blouses, one of which I wore on my very first day "out", from a bag destined for Goodwill. They no longer fit her by a long way.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

Been there have done it I just love to get new clothes even if it's old it's new to me

of course you don't have to tell her but it will be an interesting thread when she finds then and you have to explain why you have women's under garments...probably hidden...and they are (were) her's...yeah nothing creepy about that at all. And you all wonder WHY your SOs don't want to accept you.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Pretty much every time there is a bag to go. I usually salvage one or two items from each bag. Our tastes are a little different, so there isn't much. It is usually something that she has never worn or worn only once. If it something I like, why not. Helps me save money.