Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing Interest

Not for any extended times but there have been days when I could have and just haven't had any desire to. Not many lately though...
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I lost it for a couple months ... it is back. Be patient, and it will return, and you'll be glad it did.

Silver Member
    I lost interest, too.

I began to think it was "not that great". No more thrill. No good feelings. No excitement. No fun.

Then about 5 minutes passed and I got over that loss of interest.

There is nothing wrong with your interests going elsewhere. Just don't get rid of your stuff. You most likely will want to revisit someday. The nice thing about being yourself, there are no rules. If dressing makes you happy today, do it, if working on your car does tomorrow, do it. Be You, then you will be happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Lightbulb

I'm still somewhat new to dressing having just come out to my wife about 3 months ago. For the first 2 months it was all I could think about. I quickly put together a wardrobe make up wigs breast inserts, the whole 9 yards.

Then around Christmas I lost interest. I didn't dress for a couple weeks and just wasn't interested in doing so.

Well over the past few days my interest has come surging back. Yesterday I bought two dresses on line. Today I plan to go shopping for skinny jeans, new bras and who knows what else. So I guess there wi be times when interest
    will diminish but I'm glad to see that it comes back just as fast.h

Banned Read only
    Kirsten, I may not dress every day but I can't remember a single day since I started that it doesn't cross my mind.

Hello Kirsten,
    there are so many different reasons to want to dress and so many different reasons that can interfere with the desire to dress so there is no need to worry about a desire that you are not feeling at the moment , if and when it comes back I am sure that you will enjoy it a lot more than trying to push something that you do not feel like at the moment .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Kirsten,
    Circumstances arise that force you to lose interest i suppose but when im out working or shopping etc i take notice of any woman thats wearing something pretty or if they have nice hair. These women are everywhere so i always look at them and think i would love those shoes or hair or whatever they are wearing. Also in clothes shops i always browse the womens section. This keeps me constantly in contact with my feminine side.

Yes, for me it does come and go. I really do think about dressing a lot but when it comes to actually dressing I sometimes don't do it! I've got stacks of clothes and shoes and sometimes it's enough just to look at them all to give me satisfaction. It takes a lot of time and effort to be presentable to go out and sometimes there isn't the time to do it properly. Then it's just a blouse, boot cut jeans and 3 inch heels. Oh and dangly earrings, lip gloss and a touch of mascara!

Aspiring Member
    “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

The spectrum of cross-dressing is a wide and wonderful rainbow of hues. Each person is unique and contributes in his own way.

We are who we are because of the way our brain is hard-wired. I would be disappointed if we all felt and acted the same.

What part of dressing is not attractive to you anymore? I ask because, I've actually ignored my interest and find that if I think about it in different contexts, I get different emotional responses.

Kirsten,
    Have you found a new girlfriend?
    That throws cold water on the coals almost instantly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi, I've not as yet fully dressed and I've been dressing in nylons on and off for decades, this time it's come back and I feel the need to dress more fully, take it from me Kirsten these feelings will come and go with varying degrees of intensity.

The faith that i made a commitment to decades ago, forbids CDing, but other than that, I strongly love it. A lady on line , I have opened up to, called a minister, and said i need to be straightened out . I will struggle the rest of my physical life with dressing, having fun, then guilt and shame. I have gone weeks without it, but think about it constantly, and always go back. Never purged though. When i am either too infirmed, old, or dead, it will no longer be a pull. I need to not let it run my whole life, as things need to be fixed, and friendships both CD, and non CD need to be formed, and balance needed. I can go without dressing, but it is a battle. In the service, i never did it, not thought much about it.

I cycle yearly. Spring and summer my desire wanes and then it picks up again in the fall and winter.

It comes and goes. Some times the urge to dress is very strong and there were moments I said to my self "I won't do it anymore". But the interest stays in you and sooner or later you do it again.

My interest waxes and wanes over time, as with every other facet of life. However, CDing is now integrated into my life in ways that make it difficult to fully take a break. I have regular hair and nail appointments that I need to keep up, and always go dressed, so I am out and about at least once a week or so. And I've made permanent and semi-permanent changes to my wardrobe and appearance that don't change just because my motivation to dress up is low. I find this all comforting in a way, because it establishes a baseline level of activity that keeps me "in the game" and ready to ramp up my involvement when the mood strikes.

- Diane

After dressing regularly for quite a few years I have more or less stopped dressing for about 6 months, this was not a concious decision just seemed to lose interest. In this time I have gained some weight and very few off my clothes now fit but Im sure I will lose some weight and get back to dressing eventually.

You're kidding, right? You've found the area of the brain that regulates the desire to cross dress...?!?

What can we do with this information... and what can others do with it...

Comes and goes with the workload for me as well. Just don't purge! I think this will be a busy spring and summer. I expect to find a little time to dress now and then, but I'm starting to make plans for next autumn... So as with anything, I suspect it comes and goes, but we can have some longer-term goals to stay interested.

I've "lost interest" for maybe a week or so, or I was simply too lazy, unmotivated, or had not reason to dress up. Not sure which reasons I had. But, yeah, I've stopped for a week or 2 just for a break

It really is easier and faster to just dress as a man, but I wish people will still see me as a woman, even when I am in drab.

I more or less lost interest in getting dressed for about 10 years. The fantasies were still there on occasion but I was busy and other things in life became more interesting. I then went through a series of professional, personal and health issues that left me feeling pretty low and the desire came back strong. I'm now getting back into it again (6 months or so) and in retrospect I should have done it years ago. Between cutting a lot of stress out of my life and starting dressing again I seem to have put a few years of depression behind me and I'm a lot happier in general right now.