Thread: An Interesting Afternoon

Banned Read only

An Interesting Afternoon

This may be of little interest to anyone, but I share it because it was a very casual, satisfying day for me. My wife is out of town on business and, as is the case sometimes, I invited a male friend over for lunch. I've never done this before en femme, but this fellow is one of the few guys who has known about Lara for several years. We have traveled on business together with me all dressed up as a woman.

I told him before he came what I was up to (the dressing up part) and he was OK with it--he is aware that my wife has found out about me. I did some advance preparation of a nice, healthy lunch before I showered and dressed.

I put on my best, silky white blouse, pleated black skirt, and red heels. That's one of my favorite combos. When he arrived, he gave me the ooh's and aah's I would expect with a sheepish grin and a few laughs ('cause he knows the male me very well, too) and we sat down to lunch. A glass of wine, salad, and a light dessert followed by a nice coffee and about two hours of talk made for a wonderful afternoon.

There was no intent on my part for this to go anywhere as far as a guy/gal date thing was concerned. He was very polite and when things wound down, he let me know it was time for him to go and with a smile I accompanied him to the door.

We walked out to his car and right before he got in to leave he said something to me that both floored me and made me float just a little above the ground. It was something like--Lara, you've been a good friend for a long time; I like you a lot and there is something I've always wanted to do; may I kiss you before I go.

It wasn't a passionate kiss, just a nice warm "thank you" kind of a kiss between good friends. He left after telling me that I looked as good today as he's ever seen me and that I was obviously getting comfortable in my skin.

Very interesting, indeed.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Wow! And are you going to tell your wife????

That is a great story about acceptance!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I can't begin to imagine the thoughts that raced through your mind. I think ultimately I'd have been flattered, but hoping it wasn't a prelude.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

It sounds like you had every intent to flirt and see what his reaction would be to you two being alone. You should tread carefully here. And I too want to know, will you tell your wife? Wait for the GGs here to respond (if they can beyond there anger and discomfort).
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    It would appear that you set the stage for more than lunch whether you intended to or not. Flirtation is a dangerous game.

Are you interested in him or was it curiosity that made you have lunch en femme? Either way it's dangerous.

Banned Read only
    Now that you ask. . .and obviously didn't read very carefully. . .I'll quote myself and then give a word of explanation. I said, "There was no intent of my part for this to go anywhere." I thought that was pretty plain.

This was a test. . .had this been an actual emergency you would have. . .yada, yada. I was simply testing myself to see if I could function as a normal woman. The GG's will not understand this, but as CD/TV/TG's we can't begin to be what you are. Much as we try, we fail miserably at many levels. So what can we do to try and do better. . .test the waters of normalcy.

If I wanted sex, I could get it. If I wanted a relationship, I can get that, too. This was a "what if" moment. What if I have the chance eventually to live full-time. What if I decide to transition. What is life going to be like? That's really all it was.

I thought I was just sharing a simple story about an interesting afternoon. I guess I was wrong. And yes, to those who want to know, my wife already knows.

EDIT/ADD: And just so everyone who doesn't already know will now know, you can be critical if you wish; I've posted enough that you must know I really don't care what you think, really. My life is mine. I come here to learn more about myself and to learn how to render a more acceptable me to the world around me. If you want to be gruff in your responses to what I post, go right ahead. I do, after all, have broad shoulders.
    Last edited by LaraPeterson; 01-12-2014 at 10:58 PM.

I don't want to come off here sounding judgmental but perhaps we will learn more when ''he'' invites you over for lets say a late meal; or do we dare say wine and dine!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LaraPeterson View Post

EDIT/ADD: And just so everyone who doesn't already know will now know, you can be critical if you wish; I've posted enough that you must know I really don't care what you think, really.
    Why post then? You post, you open yourself to criticism. If you can't take it, don't post. Even though you don't care, you're living in denial. No dude kisses his friend and no dude wants to be kissed by his friend.

Always Stephanie Now! Stephanie Sometimes's Avatar
    Hi Lara,

What a lovely story and thanks for your openness in sharing it with all of us here. Maybe it was a little flirtatious and fun. But call me naive because it sounds to me like it was an honest expression of friendship and love that under normal circumstances would be somewhat taboo for two guy friends to engage in (unless they were two gay guys, I see my gay friends do this all the time and I envy them sometimes). In this case it was out of the ordinary because it was between your femme self and your male friend.

Your friend said he had wanted to kiss you for a while so maybe he is driven by not just friendship but by sensual attraction to the beautiful woman that also happens to be his longtime guy friend. So what if he is. Obviously, you and he have complete control over whether or not the simple act of mutual affection between longtime friends leads to a more sensual attraction that could go beyond what you or your wife might find acceptable.

By your description, your kiss between friends reminds me of times with some of my best female friends that I might exchange hugs and mutual kisses on the cheek with (often while our spouses are nearby) and that I wouldn’t really mind kissing on the lips either if the situation occurred (with no intention of any additional sexual encounter ever).

It is somewhat fascinating to contemplate that maybe when we as CD’ers allow our innermost, sometimes most secretive, feelings to manifest themselves in the act of crossdressing that we just might be influencing those around us to allow themselves the freedom to express their own feelings in a much more open and honest fashion. I would like to think that is the case.

Hugs and kisses,
    Stephanie
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller (The Open Door)

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul...But don't think twice, it's all right" Bob Dylan (1963)

Lara - that's a really touching interlude and it's cool of you to share what happened, your feelings and motivations. You - and others here - have opened my eyes and mind to emotions that probably run through all of us to a greater or lesser degree. As you rightly say - very interesting indeed.
    While I know you have been completely open about your flirtatious nature in the past, you seem to have a clear boundary in this case. Your friend's parting desire to express physical affection for you may not just be related to you being en femme. I have had some really good male friends over time who sometimes I have just wanted to hug because of support they have shown me or because I wanted to show the same to them - but mores of behaviour prevent that with our Anglo-Saxon background (it tends not to hold back Latin and Hispanic cultures from being more touchy-feely ) - so it doesn't happen. I give my eldest son a big hug every time he comes and goes because I love him - a slightly lesser hug or yes, even a kiss, for a close friend is nothing to be ashamed of - quite the reverse. It's something to be proud of that you can engender that response in a friend.
    Pass me a box of tissues, dammit - I'm proud of you too.
    Katey X
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

If I were your wife I would invite the hunkiest man over to flirt with, have wine with and kiss just to see if I was still attractive to the male population since my husband is more into attracting men for flirty lunches. Your wife may need the practice. And I'm sure you would be totally fine with it right?

Amen, Kitty! You hit the nail on the head!

I call that an interesting development.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Perhaps he just likes you as a good friend and wanted to send a clear message that he likes you as you are. Just as a way of reassuring you. His motives may be quite straightforward and friendly. Time will tell.

My male friend kissed me on the cheek after dinner the other night. My wife had just walked ahead of us but I made sure she knew abou it. I found nothing wrong with it and it made me feel wonderful and accepted. There was no sexual connotation to it. So in this case a dude kissed me. I do not consider myself just another dude. It is more complicated than that for me. I felt like the kiss was part of the way he was saying my complicated gender was beautiful. Anyway that is what I am taking away from the experience. Too many times we are told on this forum that things are just that way. If anything we should know better that things are not black and white.
    Suzanne

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Sorry, but I'm with Kittypw GG here too!

I'll hug mates, but never a kiss. I know you said there was no intention on your part to etc. etc. but the whole scenario appears to be almost contrived to do quite the opposite. Just sounds like a ticking time bomb.

I've paid for me and a few guys from work to have a full English breakfast at a local cafe on occasion, but I'll only accept a pat on the back or a thanks in return .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

That is awesome! Great story, made my day. See in advertising, black and white with an accent of red sells....

Joni

Interesting. Seems like everyone had a nice afternoon.

Bless you dear Lara. Loved the story. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Banned Read only
    I absolutely love this forum! Jennifer, to you I'd say, dish it out. I think I made it pretty clear I can take it. The problem is not me taking it, I don't believe. The problem is readers who think they are open minded and are not.

To the GG's who want to throw some darts--I'm really good at dodging AND catching. For your information, ladies, I have encouraged my wife to go out and have a good time. We've had that conversation and I'm A.O.K. with her seeking attention elsewhere. She knows how I feel about her and how some of those feelings have changed. Ditto for her (since I listened to some misguided advice on here).

I suppose there is still enough guy stuff squirming around in me to want to take some folks out behind the wood shed and give them a good whoopin'. To those of you who responded in kindness, bless you. To those of you who responded in contempt, bless you, too. You contemptuous ones might want to look into the mirror and ask yourself why you are here. I just happen to be strong enough to take it--I wonder how many times someone bears their heart and you tear it to shreds. Shame on you.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Lara I have to admit I enjoyed reading your story and I'm going to admit here that there was a time I might have done exactly the same thing as you if I had a male friend I could really trust with Leigh. I admit and am not proud that I experimented with a male friend I met online many years ago but it was not him in guy mode we were more like little girls.
    I knew what I was doing and what I learned is it's not for me.
    For me now if I were to have a guy want to be my friend as Leigh I now know that I would have to be extremely careful how I handled it. So I understand you and this is a place to share our stories and feelings because this is our outlet
    Hugs Leigh