Thread: maclean's magazine has a special on gender fluidity

maclean's magazine has a special on gender fluidity

I am not sure where on the forum I should place this but it is a good read.

The cover story is ''what happens when your son tells you he is really a girl.''
    now it is not so much cross dressing more discovery of trans, but it is an interesting read about how ''the system'' is starting to understand more about gender and its spectrum or as they put it fluidity.
    I think when most of us can relate to the kids that are in the articles and in the end they are braking new ground that will slowly bring more people to understand and tolerate people in this community.

It is 6 pages plus the cover so I think the magazine is taking a bit of a gamble making this there cover story.

our local newspaper here in Minnesota had a similar story and they featured an older man that more lines up with people here...

so it IS becoming a sort of thing / lonnnnnng slow steps! in the right direction!

at least getting the idea out there to people who may never have known...

I had no idea Maclean's magazine was still in business! I remember them from the '50s.

- Diane

Banned Read only
    The more WE are to in public, the more this is going to happen. For me, it's really not much of a problem anymore because I go out so much. I will say that I get less and less strange looks in some of the same places that I used to go. Maybe people are not noticing as much, paying attention as much, or maybe I just don't care. Either way, it's good news.

Is there any link to the article? I tried looking it up but cannot bring up the issue or the article.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Thanks for the head up Ashley. Here's a link to a preview of the article:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2014/01/09/t...will-be-girls/

Maclean’s preview: Boys will be girls

This week’s cover story: Inside the world of gender fluidity

by macleans.ca on Thursday, January 9, 2014 12:50pm -

Since the summer of 2012, Olie Pullen has kept in her bedroom closet a Wonder Woman costume, which she loves, but has struggled to actually wear. The plan had been to don it on Halloween two years ago, but when that day came, Olie, now 11, chose to be a vampire instead. Dressing up in the red and blue costume would have exposed her at school and around her Montreal neigh- bourhood in a way that didn’t feel right yet: Olie was, after all, born a boy. Oliver.
    There's more at the link, and presumably more still in the magazine.

I want to buy this issue!

Aspiring Member

the magazine is dated

[QUOTE=dianne_1234;3404542]Thanks for the head up Ashley. Here's a link to a preview of the article:

[URL="http://www2.macleans.ca/2014/01/09/
    There's more at the link, and presumably more still in the magazine.

I want to buy this issue![/QUOTE]

the magazine cover shows a date of Jan 20, 2014 , not the 9th- it is an up-coming issue.
    JUST a crossdresser

Wrong, busker - and that's because magazines are continuously playing around with their publication dates and typically post-date them (I guess to make them seem "fresher" and more up-to-date down the road).

Despite the January 20, 2014 cover date, the magazine actually hit the newsstands last Thursday, and I got my hard-copy subscription version in the mail the same day. The free, on-line version of this particular issue should be available to the general public by the end of this week, or next week at the latest. What you're seeing here is the preview ("teaser") version only.

Making it their cover story would not be taking a risk, they would have already researched that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.