Thread: Went to the mall in drab but with make up and "breasts"

Went to the mall in drab but with make up and "breasts"

I have really been thinking of transitioning lately (at least starting HRT) so I have been contemplating what I will look like as I am physically in between male and female and what the reaction would be. To that end I went to the mall today wearing black jeans with a tight grey sweater. I also wore semi noticeable make up and A cup breast forms. I had no problems at all and it felt incredible (maybe even better than when I have been fully dressed). I went to VS since I can't resist their sale and bought 4 pairs of panties as well as a few beauty items. All the SA's were as sweet as usual. I even let the girl at the Dead Sea lotion kiosk stop me to give her sales pitch. She put some serum under my eyes but told me she would have to remove my concealer first. She then asked me what kind of make up I wear . In my mind I am transitioning already and today's outing gave me the courage to start HRT, I think.

Any advice from those who have been at a similar stage is appreciated. I am starting to get that excited feeling in my tummy that I can actually do this.
    Last edited by alisa63; 01-10-2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Typo
    xoxo,
    Alisa

This thread so deserves a photo!

Alisa, that sounds like a great experience for you: positive and reinforcing - well done!
    The power of doing often exceeds just thinking about it...
    Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Alisa,
    It is great that you are progressing well but keep practicing a bit more, being a woman 24/7 is a big step and needs lots of practice and outings beforehand.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Can't say I ever did that at least not on purpose, I preferred to dress as female as possible so that it was clear to all what sex I wanted to be even if they read me. Glad it worked out for you though!

I actually did the same thing yesterday. Put on a little make up a bra and my breast forms. Went and did some shopping. Even tried on two pairs of sexy jeans.

Next stop was kohls where I bought two new bras. The rest of the day was a total girlie day. Make up. Hair, jewelry and my new jeans.

I think this little set just may have given me the confidence to go out dressed enfemme. Thinking of trying tomorrow.

Sounds like you are doing the "Gradual." I found when I first started trying to find the confidence to go out as Jenny i began with underdressing in panties and maybe a cami or bra.... then added some small forms... then next some makeup, just a bit of lip gloss or eye liner, then a pair of girly jeans and so on and so on. One day I was in the mall totally dressed wearing all my makeup and I realized, OMG, there is nothing male about me!