Thread: thought i was being discriminated

thought i was being discriminated

So we are on the hunt for a new puppy. We found a rescue that was having an adoptathon at a petsmart in rock hill sc. The dog we wanted to see was not there so the lady gave us her number and her mother's. She said that her Mom would be available all day to show the puppy to us. So when we call/text we get no response from either. then the mother's phone turns off and goes straight to voicemail. So we start thinking that they don't want to let us get this dog because I was crossdressing. We start thinking of all the things we want to say to them about discrimination and how it's wrong. Well around 9pm we finally get a text from the daughter saying sorry and that she and her mother had an emergency all day and that because we seem like perfect dog owners she will hold the puppy until we can come see her. It was quite amazing because since I have been going out more and more I have yet to have anything negative happen to me. Knock on wood. I thought this would be my first act of discrimination but nope I was wrong!
    Last edited by johnboy23; 01-13-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Glad to hear you weren't being discriminated against, I hope you can get your new four legged friend soon. I love dogs and don't know what I'd do without mine, she keeps me sane sometimes.
    I'm a furry, and proud of it!

"We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... at least I always fought for what I believed in. Snake... farewell..." — Gray Fox, Metal Gear Solid

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own. " --Big Boss, Metal Gear Solid 4

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Rescue pets are the best.

It's great when things turn out so good! I'm happy for you! Another dog saved to what seems to be a great home! Be proud of yourself and your wife! I am!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Could it be that you pass so well that no one knows you're CD'ed? To me, you look like a very natural pretty girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

That awesome. My wife is not thrilled that I want to go more public. But I have seen a change in peoples views and reactions. I wish it would not be looked at any differently no matter what people have on. Glad everything went well for you.

Just shows what your imagination will do to your brain.
    Mine gets messed up often.
    I imagine all sorts of things.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Glad you received resolution.

Oh, BTW, I am glad my niners beat your panthers yesterday!
    Last edited by mikiSJ; 01-13-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.