Thread: Dealing with the Pink Fog

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar

Dealing with the Pink Fog

There is this thing that all of us experience from time to time that fits under the title of "the Pink fog". We all have different ways of dealing with it when it comes, and when it comes, it is sometimes happens "thicker" than at other times. I have my own particular ways of dealing with it, and maybe in hearing how each of us handles our "fog", we can help each other. I can see how open someone is about their Cding will reveal how they would handle their own situation, what I am wanting to do is hear suggestions for those of us who are in the closet. I am fortunate in that I have an understanding wife, who lets me dress as I wish around the home front. She doesn't want me going outside in any manner that would reveal anything of my Cding nature. What's under a shirt and jeans is unseen, and doesn't matter. So essentially my closet is my house, and in my house I have no limits.

I underdress daily as it helps me keep the fog at bay. I have different styles of bras, cami's, panties to help me with the different moods, fogs, that come and go. There are days that everything has to fit snug, giving me that tight wrapped feeling. Other days it has to be lacy, frilly and as feminine looking as possible. When a heavy fog starts to drift in, I never go the whole nine yards. I try and gauge the fog and add an item or two to keep it under as much control as possible. A nice pair of stockings, or pantyhose with a skirt goes a long way for me at times like this. As the fog gets thicker more items get added, and I attempt to keep it all within a prospective of everything not getting out of control. When the fog is at its worst, is usually when I go on the shopping trips. To me nothing is more thrilling than going shopping in a dense fog for anything from pantyhose to skirts. It has a rush that is almost drug like. Shopping the womens wear section is the closest I get to going public. It helps that my wife will shop with me and make suggestions, etc. There has been situations when a SA who knew those items were for me, it gets obvious when it is my wife handing me things, while I am the one in the change room. It didn't seem to bother my wife either, we are usually in another city when this happens.

In the past I would go the whole nine yards every time the fog rolled in, but when it got thicker I had nothing left to help me with the fog. That was when I was most tempted to go out in public. Why don't I, it is because I have a compromise with my wife whom I love very much. I have great liberties within my home, I just had to learn to work within the compromises. So what helps you in dealing with the "pink fog" when it drifts in?
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

im not totally new and ive seen the topic talked about but what is "the pink fog" ??
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I have never really experienced the pink fog, too much reality in my life for that.
    Maybe a bit of "pink mist" every now and then.
    Severe imaginitus takes hold sometimes as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm still somewhat new to dressing, but yes have experienced my first bout of pink fog. Started around Xmas and thought I had lost my desires. Was still underdressing but wasn't wearing any clothes, make up, etc.

Not really sure why it started but am happy to say it went away as quickly as it arrived.

These last few days I have been as girly as ever and have now said to myself thati m ready to go out enfemme.

I'm glad to know its something that many of us experience. Will know to just let it run it's course next time it occurs.

No pink fog for me I'm afraid, Gillian. I think the ability to keep a secret for 30+ years and control what for me has been a largely sexually driven desire says that I am not 'in the pink' in that sense. Without wishing to be pointed, it's only subtly different from spending time or resources on other sexual outlets - read into that what you will, but I'm with Wild on this one, just not as tightly wound up as Wild obviously is...
    Maybe it's a northern latitude thing like the aurora borealis...? Perhaps it should be 'pink lights'... Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    "There is this thing that all of us experience from time to time that fits under the title of "the Pink fog"."

W R O N G!!! ^^^

I don't know why Forum Dinos insist on posting stuff like this. You would not want a Newbie to show up here and read that would you?

You DO know that the word ALL means every single CDer? Neither you nor anyone else here can speak for every person that participates here.

Or maybe you want for Newbies to perhaps think they do not belong?

It is NOT a given that CDing will "take over" our better judgement at some point.
    I think the whole world has a tendency to generalize this way.

Last year, One of the more popular female legal newscasters made the statement--tune in tonight to hear about the Jodi Arias trial. The trial that everyone is talking about.

My thought was--I had never heard of it at that time and who was Jodi Arias? I certainly wasn't talking about it.

Jodi

Yes, I deffintly experiance the Pink Fog, and I am beginning to realize how to control it. Just like you said, underdressing helps, and sometimes I just need to be in a skirt and heels. For example, I started working out again which cut into my dressing time, after a couple of weeks of daily workouts and no dress time I found myself getting very irritated by everything around me, A dress up day helped. Or with the recent holidays seeing other GGs out and about will hit a nerve (jealously), a little of underdressing helps. So pink fog, or what ever you want to call it, can be managed, it may just take some time to figure out how.

Aspiring Member
    I never heard the term pink fog until I came on here several years ago. Is there a such thing as a perpetual pink fog? I mean, just pink fog all the time. Without letting up. Constant, incessant nagging to be/have the femme all the time. Or is it TS?

In my understanding, you hit the nail on the head. One would be TS if one want it all the time, if one just wants to be a girl, and not a guy, ever.
    I'm a furry, and proud of it!

"We're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at, but... at least I always fought for what I believed in. Snake... farewell..." — Gray Fox, Metal Gear Solid

"Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own. " --Big Boss, Metal Gear Solid 4

I tend to keep reality and fantasy separate.
    Fog always disappears on Monday morning no matter how thick it got at the weekend.

My simple definition of my Pink Fog is just a silly feeling I get when I'm in the women's row at a store looking at all the sexy clothes I would enjoy. It is a feeling that kind of makes your breath come faster and your heart rate speed up just a little. This can happen when I'm with my wife shopping in the high heel department, the inner-garment dept. or the makeup rows. I can also have a tinge of the feeling seeing a beautiful set of lips on some of the makeup advertisements on tv. Creamy smooth red lips. Makes me just want to purchase the product, makes me want to go dress. Now my point is it's not just TS it's cross dressers also. I guess I get the Camo fog in a sporting goods hunting department and the fishing fog in the boat and fishing departments at Cabelas, and Bass Proshops. I think some get an oily engine fog at a car dealership.... Lol JMHO

Jaylyn I couldn't agree more. I have many fogs, but my most prevalent is the pink one. It is ever present at varying levels and is triggered on a whim.

I've experienced the fog on a few occasions. Don't really know how many, but less than 5 we'll say.
    Once was VERY thick fog with strong need to dress, although intensity varies. It's usually when low in mood or peak periods of stress.

How do I deal with it?

I don't 'deal' with it, I listen to it, if my brain tells my body that dolling up on a given day/s will help me cope with something, then I do it.
    I go as femme as I can with the time available and enjoy it.
    Then when I'm through the fog, things DO seem better.

Why suppress something which clearly make you happy and makes you into this version of you?
    Samantha -x-

It depends mostly on your mindset. Since I've made my CDing a total choice to do or not, the PF works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I deal with it by jumping in with both feet, To hell with just dipping a toe. My wife is there to sound the horn when it's time to come ashore.

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    The fog is always dense with me,just hafta' flip the fog lights on and slow down a little
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My pink fog is intense and vigorously fuelled by my OCD.So i have to be careful and not go shopping or browse online stores or i tend to end up with hundreds of pounds of clothing i don't need in my basket every time-which is a bitch cuz i can't constantly afford it.

I try to focus on other hobbies if i can too which can get rather obsessive too yet cycling, piano playing and language learning are alot cheaper!

Mine usually happens during periods of low mood and stress too.

My pink fog comes when I'm not doing anything with other people. If I'm just sitting at home watching TV, I'd rather do it dressed!

I don't know what the definition of "pink fog" is for others, but for me it is spending too much money on new clothes, or trying not to be too conspicuous when browsing through a store and having makeup, skin care products, and clothing constantly catching my eye.

Eventually, I get a new bill in the mail and that stops it...for a while. Credit card bill always takes care of it. Electric bill works too for some reason.

I dress all the time at home so I'm not sure how you would deal with it otherwise.